Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
That's correct unfortunately. All stays booked before December 31st will not count for book with IHG but will count for the other components. ...
Here is what had puzzled me... the T&C I received in the promotion email said different from the current T&C at BigWin site... I don't see anything indicating I have to book it after 1/1/2014. Does anyone have a screen print on the first T&C posted at the BigWin site right after announcement around 12/18?

Received on 12/18/2013...
Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after completing each offer, which must be completed between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive)...

Current BigWin T&C...
Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after required number of qualifying stays are booked on any IHG website between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive)
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:52 pm

I can't help with that one I'm afraid. My own offer was pretty poor and requires less than ten nights to complete (even though I had about 25 in the last quarter - again who knows how they work this out). Due to this I only checked the actual T&Cs after the first one didn't post. I never queried it either as I knew I would make it easily.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I emailed a points discrepancy as my last stay was booked on my iPhone and would have netted me the milestone for that plus reaching my Big Win target.

The text, after the mandatory 'allow 4-6 weeks', goes thus

The two stays I mentioned HAVE posted and are appearing in my Big Win ‘tracker’ as qualifying stays in all categories except the ‘Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points’.

This is what makes me think that particular ‘offer’ is not registering on your Big Win system properly.

followed by this response

Dear Mr. Bloobell,

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Ambassdaor account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns.

We would like to inform you that the posting of stays for the Big Win is delayed. The management is already in the process of fixing this issue. Kindly allow more time for the stays to be posted on your promotion tracker.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by emurray077
Both my paid night and the free night counted towards my stay count for the Big Win.
Thanks for the information.^
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
Anyone having the issue with "Book 2x through IHG" not posting but have had results getting it fixed? Sounds like people think you must book through mobile but this is quite annoying. I only book through their site and when I contacted (useless) Platinum support via email, they said 14 days for an answer. Only task I still have open...
+1. All posted except this.

My terms: "Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,900 points"

I booked through the website, via ebates though, do you think that is an issue?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:45 pm

Are "Best Price Guarantee" nights qulify for the Bing Win? I paid my stay with IHG credit card, how long will it take to show in my big win?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:02 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
Could someone clarify this for me please? I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. I have two big win categories that say "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels and earn 4,800 points" and "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express hotels and earn 4,800 points." Does IHG mean that it must be two separate properties or if two nights at the same Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express will meet the requirements? I checked the T&C but couldn't find any answer either. Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by GK8
Could someone clarify this for me please? I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. I have two big win categories that say "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels and earn 4,800 points" and "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express hotels and earn 4,800 points." Does IHG mean that it must be two separate properties or if two nights at the same Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express will meet the requirements? I checked the T&C but couldn't find any answer either. Thanks.
Must be 2 different hotels each - so 4 different hotels altogether in your case.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jjfly
Are "Best Price Guarantee" nights qulify for the Bing Win? I paid my stay with IHG credit card, how long will it take to show in my big win?
o Why risk your bigwin payout for sake of saving a 1nights stay fee?
o If a multi-night booking with only first night free, the 2nd night onwards is a qualifying night and will count, eg a 3night brg will only give 2x qual
nights.
o Assuming a single night brg
1. If your brg is free at checkin then non-qual, zero points
2. If you pay at hotel, and IHG manually refund you later then hotel will post as initially a qual+points stay.
However night should not earn qual/points and ihg can remove points/qual of this night later. So if you need night to trigger brg when ihg undo the qual night, they may/will undo the bigwin credit too.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:55 am
In Memoriam

I thought I would give this one a run. My Big Win has changed twice since the initial email. I could live with that but my stay at a Holiday Inn Resort this week did me in.
Over the years, I have to guess I have stayed in over 3000 hotel rooms running the gamut from Ritz Carlton to Motel 6. Last week, at a HI Resort (trying to get 4 brands in) that was being renovated. (I knew that when I made the reservation) When do you think they decided it was a good time to shut down WIFI and install new antennas.... 6-10 PM on the floor I was on. Then I had a FIRST for me.... a USED liner for the ice bucket. Seriously.. a used liner.
This was met with cockroach in the sink in the morning.
To further piss me off, the review on Trip Advisor was allowed to be deleted by the hotel. Now I am done with Trip Advisor and Holiday Inn.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:24 pm

Thanks!
I need two more nights for my big win. And I have a three-night trip coming soon. I found that if i book from IHG website, its $130 per night and $67 on another website. So if the best price guarantee works, I only need to pay one night offical price to get three nights and done for my big win. However, I never used IHG "best price guarantee", not sure if it is as easy as Marriott's, and if I should take the risk.

Originally Posted by scubaccr
o If a multi-night booking with only first night free, the 2nd night onwards is a qualifying night and will count, eg a 3night brg will only give 2x qual
nights.
2. If you pay at hotel, and IHG manually refund you later then hotel will post as initially a qual+points stay.
However night should not earn qual/points and ihg can remove points/qual of this night later. So if you need night to trigger brg when ihg undo the qual night, they may/will undo the bigwin credit too.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by scubaccr
nights.
You can if the hotel is willing to, pay to upgrade to next room level - that should then allow BRG to qualify. Might be worth it if the upsell is minimal
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:28 pm
hmv

Can you get Big Win promotion points AND regular promo's at the same time?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hmv
Can you get Big Win promotion points AND regular promo's at the same time?
I got. ^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I jumped through hoops (although not as bad as some other members) for the last Big Win. This one is even harder, so I am not even trying.

So, now I have a 7 night stay which would net me no bonus at all (maybe some of the unconfirmed ones people have posted). I probably have no choice but to stay at a Hilton property (my main hotel is Marriott which is not competitive). So, this promo has definitely backfired on them in my case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.