The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Will have to be 4 different based on what has posted for my Big Win 2014.
Which Holiday Inns count towards this
"Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 8,000 points"

I see someone mentioned Express doesn't count, but will HI Select and Regular HI?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes, anything without express in the name is a Holiday Inn brand.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
One of my challenges includes having to book a Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast. I thought I had managed to book this at HI Dusseldorf Ratingen, which also happens to be one of my City Life cities. I would also be knocking out one of my two Saturday night stay challenges with this stay.
For anyone interested in the "Start The Day Off Right" rate.

I stayed on this rate, with the additional 10% off discount for IHG members. This was still group under the "Best Flexible Rate" with Breakfast ticked when booking.

The receipt mentions "IHG® Rewards Club Member Exclusive –Flexible with Breakfast" and "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" in the text.

The stay has posted on Big Win, but not the Breakfast rate.

I contacted IHG Customer Service and they have confirmed that this rate does qualify for "Start The Day Off Right" (as you would expect) but this will take 4-6 weeks to show. It seems as if they are still working on this.

I'm also one of the people who lost the 100 points for the survey, and that offer isn't showing against the overall "Win Big" so I'm assuming that this is one of many glitches that the programmers are concentrating on.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Mine has finally updated to this year's and seems doable.

6 stays
2 x HIX
2 Saturday nights
2 x city locations (they've included Manchester, Edinburgh etc in the UK this time)
etc.

Got a trip to Berlin in March so that should easily take care of a Saturday night stay and 2 locations (will get a cheap airport hotel eg HIX before flying out of London)
In London in April so a Saturday night stay will be done then as well.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:10 am

This is probably a dumb question, my apologies if so. But when booking 2 rooms for the same night (reservation made twice, resulting in 2 reservation numbers) will this result in 2 eligible stays for the Big Win?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Epicura
This is probably a dumb question, my apologies if so. But when booking 2 rooms for the same night (reservation made twice, resulting in 2 reservation numbers) will this result in 2 eligible stays for the Big Win?
Probably not but no harm in trying
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
One will count as qualifying, the other will show up as overlapping.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:29 am

Ok, thanks for feedback. I've tried it anyway
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:37 am

This morning I just found under my "IHG mobile app booking" tab there're two qualified nights but they are both marked "04.01.2014".

I'm sure they were not on that date and were separate stays. Anyone with similar problems?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes, anything without express in the name is a Holiday Inn brand.
Thank you.
One more question. Does HI Select counts as its own brand or falls in to Holiday Inn? There aren't many Selects, but Im staying in Montreal HI Select, and doing another stay at regular HI later. Will this satisfy this task?
"Stay at 2 different IHG brands and earn 16,000 points"
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by lz80521
This morning I just found under my "IHG mobile app booking" tab there're two qualified nights but they are both marked "04.01.2014".

I'm sure they were not on that date and were separate stays. Anyone with similar problems?
My guess is they're posting these manually., to keep us happy, because the "mobiles " aren't posting automatically. We may have to call in (or email CS) on many of these, but I doubt they'll contest them.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Thank you.
One more question. Does HI Select counts as its own brand or falls in to Holiday Inn? There aren't many Selects, but Im staying in Montreal HI Select, and doing another stay at regular HI later. Will this satisfy this task?
"Stay at 2 different IHG brands and earn 16,000 points"
It's a same Brand.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:28 am

Just checked BW website and saw IHG has resolved the mobile booking problem.

Now my BW has been completed for exciting 174k points.

Cost: $350, pure mattress runs at two HIs and two HIXs. They are within 30 minutes drive from my home.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by lz80521
Just checked BW website and saw IHG has resolved the mobile booking problem.

Now my BW has been completed for exciting 174k points.

Cost: $350, pure mattress runs at two HIs and two HIXs. They are within 30 minutes drive from my home.
4 nights and you get 174k points? Mine is a minimum of 23 nights for 94k
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by krward
4 nights and you get 174k points? Mine is a minimum of 23 nights for 94k
Sorry about that. I guess the reason might be that I didn't participate in the 2013 one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.