The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Has anyone received big win points for 2014 yet? I have completed two stays so far and no credit yet.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
"Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion."

I assume this does not prevent us from using the AAA rate?
I used the AAA rate for most nights in the last Big Win.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
This promo has swung all of my hotel nights to IHG in the next few months!
That's worth 26 Point Breaks nights

6 nights 13,200
3 brands 26,400
Book with IHG 3,400
2 stays at HIX 7,200
2 stays at HI 7,200
Survey 100
2 Saturday nights 7,200
Win Big 65,000

TOTAL 129,700
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Has anyone received big win points for 2014 yet? I have completed two stays so far and no credit yet.
I seem to recall that in the previous Big Win (fall 2013) some (most?) tasks only updated about once a week (was it Mondays)? It so happens that although I also had two stays so far, and both posted to IHG itself (the second one only today), the first of those posted last Tuesday, so missed last Monday's assumed sweep. So I don't expect my first (non-survey) activity to hit The Big Win until sometime this Monday probably.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:25 pm

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have: Stay at 2 Crowne Plaza hotels and earn x points?

I can't make quite figure out the T&C's. It sounds like stay at 2 Different Crowne Plazas, but then the actual T&C's says: Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at Crowne Plaza® hotels worldwide. So since the T&C's only talk about "Required number of room nights" that makes it sound like one just needs 2 nights which can be at the same Crowne Plaza?

If anyone has the same challenge and has gotten a clarification or figured it out with how their stays have posted, it would be greatly appreciated if you can shine a light on this. Thanks so much and good luck to everyone's BigWin!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Can anyone with personal experience tell me if a reservation made through the UR portal to IHG website still count toward Big Win?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by greek2me
Can anyone with personal experience tell me if a reservation made through the UR portal to IHG website still count toward Big Win?
Similar question... booking via a cash back website to IHG website...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by greek2me
Originally Posted by DBCme
All my bookings for the 2013Q4 Big Win went through the AA eShopping portal without an issue so I can't see there being a problem with this.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
All my bookings for the 2013Q4 Big Win went through the AA eShopping portal without an issue so I can't see there being a problem with this.
thanks for the info
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I used the AAA rate for most nights in the last Big Win.
Used AAA in Germany and it counted too.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Looks like this is starting now!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by DBCme
Mine was done via reward gateway which is a workplace discount scheme in the UK and I never had an issue getting the big win credit and cashback
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:11 am

The links to the terms and conditions/list of eligible resorts are not working on my Big Win offers page. The links to 2 of the individual offers are not working. I have no idea what I must do to complete the requirements. I tried to email and called IHG several times but the issue remains. Does anyone have the same problem?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by intermagix
The links to the terms and conditions/list of eligible resorts are not working on my Big Win offers page. The links to 2 of the individual offers are not working. I have no idea what I must do to complete the requirements. I tried to email and called IHG several times but the issue remains. Does anyone have the same problem?
Yeah, I have the "views.dashboard.offer.r.title" and blank list of eligible hotels. I e-mailed Ambassador and the reply said, "we have forwarded this to our contact for further assistance. Rest assured we will send you an e-mail once we receive their response."
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by gourmand73
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have: Stay at 2 Crowne Plaza hotels and earn x points?

I can't make quite figure out the T&C's. It sounds like stay at 2 Different Crowne Plazas, but then the actual T&C's says: Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at Crowne Plaza® hotels worldwide. So since the T&C's only talk about "Required number of room nights" that makes it sound like one just needs 2 nights which can be at the same Crowne Plaza?

If anyone has the same challenge and has gotten a clarification or figured it out with how their stays have posted, it would be greatly appreciated if you can shine a light on this. Thanks so much and good luck to everyone's BigWin!
I would be curious to know this as well. Mine wants me to stay at two Intercontinentals and if possible I'd like these to be with the same property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.