Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just made a Best Flex w/Breakfast booking - was interested to see that one of the credit card options was IHG REWARDS CLUB VISA - picked that rather than just 'VISA' in the hope that it picks up I used my new PCR Black VISA and thus hopefully get the correct 20k bonus!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Book with IHG

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You didn't specify what exactly the name of this task is in your Big Win.

For a somewhat similar (but somewhat different) so-called "mobile" booking task, I was told by IHG CS that it can be on ihg.com, it doesn't have to a mobile site, and it doesn't have to be a mobile app.

I've not seen this BPG wording, but I have noticed that while booking the Best Flex Price with Breakfast (for the Start Your Day Off Right task) that whenever you pull up a Best Flex Price in one corner of the rate description it babbles about the Best Price Guarantee. I think they're simply pointing out that it's supposed be the best price. It's marketing!

The task's name is "Book with IHG".

According to your explications, I can book via IHG.com (in Internet) and ignore the BPG wordings (because it is only marketing blah blah)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:31 pm

So I just signed up for this, but I've stayed at the HIE and IC Cancun over the New Year. Two of my tasks are "Stay more and earn" and "explore our brands" which I would have completed had I signed up ahead of time. Does anyone know if IHG will these retroactively?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: Priority Club Spare ,BA Silver,Iberia Plus,El Al Silver
Best Flex w/Breakfast

Hi,I have reservation "5,000 Bonus Point Package + Breakfast each day" ,its must be Best Flex w/Breakfast + 5000 points.
Question: This is counting for Big Win promotion?
Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: Priorty Club RA level
The big win.

I wonder just what IHG are up to with the big win. I am retired with an opportunity to pick and choose where and when I Stay on vacation which is what all my stays are. I am at RA status and stay mainly at Intercontinentals and Crowne Plazas to boost the chances of retaining RA.
The Big Win suggests I should stay ay Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express.
I find double points promotions much more motivating and logical
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by shuom
So I just signed up for this, but I've stayed at the HIE and IC Cancun over the New Year. Two of my tasks are "Stay more and earn" and "explore our brands" which I would have completed had I signed up ahead of time. Does anyone know if IHG will these retroactively?
Nope, IHG will not backdate promo enrollment

Normally enrolling in Promo before checking out works for most promos, as does mostly enrolling just after checkout but before points post

A few promos need to be registered before stays, I think Bigwin is one, but even if not, too late now to register a promo for a newyear stay.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by shuom
Sign up for the Big Win immediately. Your points for Big Win could be posted if your stay has not been posted.

On the other hand, according to Loyaltylobby, you can now earn 1800 miles with Iberia Avios for each IC stay, that's more valuable than IHG 2000 points, isn't it? Is there anyone signed for Big Win Spring 2014 miles offer? How does the offer looks like? Is it possible to switch to miles offer after I have registered for the points Big Win?

Last edited by Dolphinyong; Jan 9, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
1 Best Flex Bkfst Rate = 2,000
6 Nights= 8,800
2 brands= 9,600
2 Book online = 2,000
2 Saturdays = 4,800
2 HI stays = 1,900
1 Pay with HI CC = 1,500
Complete all 7 = Additional 37,000
Total = 73,600

I am happy as I had no shot last year and this looks like 6 nights should do it.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ronchadwick
I wonder just what IHG are up to with the big win. I am retired with an opportunity to pick and choose where and when I Stay on vacation which is what all my stays are. I am at RA status and stay mainly at Intercontinentals and Crowne Plazas to boost the chances of retaining RA.
The Big Win suggests I should stay ay Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express.
I find double points promotions much more motivating and logical
For me, they seem to want me to stay in intercontinentals on saturday nights, and eat, drink and generally be merry while I am at it !!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Having trouble booking best flex rate with bf for 2 different holiday inns on the app...never got the choice for breakfast. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Stay a total of 25 nights and receive 18,000
Stay at 6 different IHG® brands and receive 22,400
Stay 7 Saturday nights and receive 12,000
Book and pay for 1 stays with your Priority Club Rewards Visa, brought to you by IHG® Rewards Club, and receive 1,500
Stay at 4 of the following locations and receive 12,800
Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and receive 2,000
Complete 5 of your offers and receive 25,000

I'm out on this occasion...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:17 am

23 nights - 17,200....4 nights done
4 brands - 12,800....3 brands done
Breakfast rate - 2,000....done
2 Saturdays - 8,000
4 Holiday Inns - 6,400...2 Done
Win Big - 46,000
I have 4 stays booked next week which will complete both 4 Holiday Inns and 4 Brands
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I seem to have two different Big Win targets - one from an email sent through which includes:

Stay 4 nights and receive 3000 points
Complete 4 tasks and receive 10000 points

Whereas, if I log into the Big Win website, I'm getting:

Stay 3 nights and receive 3000 points
Complete all 5 tasks and receive 10000 points

I assume the website is the correct promo?

(OT - this is the third IHG IT problem I seem to have had in the last week; my credit card details seem to have reset to an expired card which cannot be deleted & I've now had 3 thank you for your stay emails for the same stay - quite astounded how poor the systems seem to be!)
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:36 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

The Link for the list of hotels under the resort stay requirement in my offer is still dead/broken with no hotels listed. The terms and conditions say a resort in China but as per their Rewards Club CS there are no resort properties in China. She said they have taken the complaint and sent it up to management to fix it should be 5-7 days. 7 days have passed and now they keep saying please check back in 24 hours.

Anyone able to get the list of resort in their offer and do the terms and conditions say it has to be 3 nights stay?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:33 pm

"Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion."

I assume this does not prevent us from using the AAA rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.