Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by lz80521
Total of 4 nights: 12k
Two different brands: 24k
Book 1 stay with Best Flexible Rate: 3k
Two Saturday nights: 12k
Two seperate stays booked through ihg app: 12k
Stay at two HI: 12k
Stay at two HIX: 12k
Final Bonus: 87k
Total: 174k
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
55 nights,
5 brands,
7 different ICs,
8 Saturday nights,
etc., etc.
for about 110k points.
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
11200: Stay 12 nights
2000: Book 1 BFR with Breakfast
100: Survey
5600: Stay at 3 Holiday Inns
19000: Complete the 4 offers
37900 points in total
Originally Posted by tothetrail
2 Staybridge Suites® hotels and earn 4,800 points.
36 nights and earn 20,800 points
4 different IHG brands and earn 12,800 points
1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and earn 2,000 points.
survey and earn 100 points
2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points
Complete 6 of your offers and earn 45,000 points
For a total of 90,300
Originally Posted by littlemookie
1) 2 Stays at Staybridge - 8,000 points
2) 2 Stays at Holiday Inn - 8,000 points
3) Stay 4 nights - 8,000 points
4) Book 2 stays via the IHG app - 8,000 points
5) Book 1 stay at the best flexible rate with breakfast - 2,000 points
6) Survey - 100 points
7) Big Win - 34,000 points
Total points: 68,100
These offers are exemplary of the wildly different offers we’ve seen here. Seems to be a “reverse psychology” sort of thing; those who stay with IHG the most receive offers requiring large numbers of stays and relatively few promotional points while those who don’t stay with IHG that much receive offers requiring few nights and relatively greater promotional points. Is this supposition the general consensus?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:45 am

Anyone have a link that works for the promo? The one I have does not:

http://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en?pro..._PMID=99613032

Nor does the one on the IHG Rewards Club Facebook page http://ihg.co/6182dKiM

Thanks

Last edited by 3544quebec; Dec 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
These offers are exemplary of the wildly different offers we’ve seen here. Seems to be a “reverse psychology” sort of thing; those who stay with IHG the most receive offers requiring large numbers of stays and relatively few promotional points while those who don’t stay with IHG that much receive offers requiring few nights and relatively greater promotional points. Is this supposition the general consensus?
That should be about right and makes sense. IHG of course doesn't just want to give away points fot nothing so everybody should (ideally) get a promotion that makes one stay at IHG a little more than otherwise.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
My wife got the 174k offer that has been mentioned previously and can be completed with just 4 nights. She is an IHG Plat by virtue of holding the credit card. The only stay she's had this year was using her free night cert.

I got a 34k offer that would require 3 nights. I don't hold the credit card, and can't recall the last time I stayed at an IHG property.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Yeah And I've got 80+K for 38 days + weekends and etc..
Funny to read complains about 7-10 is very hard goal
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Anyone have a link that works for the promo? The one I have does not:

http://bigwin.ihg.com/amer/us/en?pro..._PMID=99613032

Nor does the one on the IHG Rewards Club Facebook page http://ihg.co/6182dKiM

Thanks
None of the links on the thread working for me either

The either come up blank or "the connection was interupted" message grr
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:22 pm

Earlier today the server was asking for a username/password (not your account username/password) to get onto the Big Win site. They probably took it down as part of doing the corrections.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:36 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
These are what I've been using:
2013Q4 Big Win: http://win.ihg.com
2014Q1 Big Win: http://bigwin.ihg.com

The 2014Q1 version can only be considered working if getting the phrase The document contains no data. is your goal.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
That should be about right and makes sense. IHG of course doesn't just want to give away points fot nothing so everybody should (ideally) get a promotion that makes one stay at IHG a little more than otherwise.
That's the problem though, isn't it? Having to practically live in IHG hotels for 3 months for a measly bonus is not an incentive. They are not balancing these offers well for more loyal members. Those people should not feel insulted by the promotion.

The parameters of these promotions are too wide - they should have an outside number for stays that isn't ludicrous compared to the bonus you earn. 2000 bonus points per night versus 43000 points per night is far too large a variance, especially when the number of required nights is inverse.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by btr
These are what I've been using:
2013Q4 Big Win: http://win.ihg.com
2014Q1 Big Win: http://bigwin.ihg.com

The 2014Q1 version can only be considered working if getting the phrase The document contains no data. is your goal.
Thanks im getting a totally blank page when using the 2014 Q1 link, same on two different pc's
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club
Advanced Notice

Was thinking about this last night whilst staying in my last hurdle for the 2013 Big Win. My 2014 promo is just impractical, not because I couldn't manage 12 nights + over 4 months, but as a leisure stayer with young family, I make my plans further ahead than the notice they give you for the promo. I imagine a lot of business stayers are in a similar position. I would rather they had done a typical Stay X get Y for short notice promos, but for complex ones, requiring mixed brands, or several stays at just one brand, or stay in certain cities, they had a long lead in. They could/should announce the "summer 2014 big win" now.

If the promo offer isn't too onerous people will go for it. If it is difficult but worth it then we need more notice. I managed my 2013 Big Win, but my 2014 one will not be happening for me even though it was similar to my previous one. I cant sensibly fit in 4 different Holiday Inn properties on top of what I already plan to do in the promo period.

UKD
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Looks like the bigwin.ihg.com website is back up-and-running. I was getting a user/pass request earlier as well, just tried again and getting the normal page now.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Offer isn't particularly interesting:
- Stay at any IHG® hotel and earn 1,000 points.
- Stay a total of 3 nights and earn 3,000 points
- Stay at 3 different IHG brands and earn 7,000 points
- Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,000 points
- Stay 3 Saturday nights and earn 8,000 points
- Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 3,000 points
- Complete 5 of your offers and earn 10,000 points

Where I live has HIX and a Crowne Plaza, where I work has HIX and a Crowne Plaza. Going to be tough to get the Holiday Inn stays, but I could probably do it. If I have any weekend stays in the first quarter (which I probably will), I'll probably check out whether the Holiday Inn in the area is an option and if it is might move a couple work stays away from HH/SPG.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Yes, I'd say that's been the general consensus here since the early in the cycle of the 2013's Big Win promo. We figured out quickly that the promotion was designed not so much to reward existing loyal customers (which many people here feel such a program should) as to offer compelling incentives for infrequent customers to stay more frequently.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Not at all happy, I found out what my last task is.... get the IHG credit card and use it to pay for a stay.

I do not like credit cards, and do not want one.... that knocks me out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.