Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG china dream promo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:20 am
Original Poster

IHG china dream promo

Has anyone signed up for this promotion ? How do u earn the 4 free nights? Do you have to stay at 2 brands in two days to earn 1 free night ? So for example.. stay in holiday inn express, than stay in holiday inn the next night. Would earn me a free night?

So to earn 4 free nights, you have to switch back and forth every night ?? holiday inn express, holiday inn, holiday inn express, holiday inn, etc..
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by anonymous4a
Has anyone signed up for this promotion ? How do u earn the 4 free nights? Do you have to stay at 2 brands in two days to earn 1 free night ? So for example.. stay in holiday inn express, than stay in holiday inn the next night. Would earn me a free night?

So to earn 4 free nights, you have to switch back and forth every night ?? holiday inn express, holiday inn, holiday inn express, holiday inn, etc..
A good article written here:
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/08/20/i...ferent-brands/

In short, you need the following:

1: A greater China resident (System recognise by address. Go figure the rest)
2: You need to stay in different brands. So yes, you can go HI for 1st night, HIX for the 2nd - then repeat.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
IHG china dream promo

Just to add on, has anyone been able to sign up and complete the China dream promo after they have completed the BIG Win? I have completed the Big Win and was wondering if eligible to go for this.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

If I stay at a holiday inn express for 5 days, than switch to holiday inn for the next night, would that still count in earning a free night ?

Than if I stay at THAT holiday inn for 6 nights, than switch back to holiday inn express, would it earn me the 2nd night ?

basically, could I stay at either brand for more than one night and switch ?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by planetshakers
Just to add on, has anyone been able to sign up and complete the China dream promo after they have completed the BIG Win? I have completed the Big Win and was wondering if eligible to go for this.
I haven't finished big win but so far have gotten both the two free nights from China dream and part of big win's points~~
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by anonymous4a
If I stay at a holiday inn express for 5 days, than switch to holiday inn for the next night, would that still count in earning a free night ?

Than if I stay at THAT holiday inn for 6 nights, than switch back to holiday inn express, would it earn me the 2nd night ?

basically, could I stay at either brand for more than one night and switch ?
You have to have consecutive stays in different brands to earn a free night.

In your case, a few days after your second stay in holiday inn, the first free night will credit.

If you move back to HIE, this only counts as your first stay for your second free night.

That is, it doesn't matter how many consecutive nights you spend in the same hotel, it counts as one stay.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold, IHG Gold
got 4 nights.. ^ booked one free night next sat in crown plaza Kaohsiung
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Yes, it is stackable for China Dream Promo and The Big Win Promo.

Already got my 4 nights with China Dream and still attempting the Big Win (already got some miles for completing some challenges)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:57 pm

How long does it take you guys to receive free nights after your stays posted ?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wonghenhen
How long does it take you guys to receive free nights after your stays posted ?
So far from what I have seen on my won account as well as some other people is that the Sweep happens either on a Thursday or Friday but varies as to how long it take for the free night to be posted after achieving the required 2nd brand:

The dates are: 2nd brand check-out date/posting of stay = free night posting date:

-> Sep 9/Sep 12 = Sep 20 (Fri)
-> Sep 16/Sep 19 = Sep 26 (Thu)
-> Sep 18/Sep 21 = Sep 26 (Thu)
-> Sep 29/Oct 2 = Oct 11 (Fri)
-> Oct 7/Oct 10 = Oct 18 (Fri)
-> Oct 20/Oct 23 = Oct 31 (Thu)
-> Oct 27/Oct 30 = Nov 7 (Thu)
-> Nov 1/Nov 4 = Nov 7 (Thu)

So it can range from 3 to 9 days from stay posting.

Hope this help
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:56 am

PM me if you need help maximizing your stay counts for this promo.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:27 pm

Good to know. My last stay posted on 11/11 - hopefully that would be counted in the sweep for tomorrow.

Originally Posted by chrisksc
So far from what I have seen on my won account as well as some other people is that the Sweep happens either on a Thursday or Friday but varies as to how long it take for the free night to be posted after achieving the required 2nd brand:

The dates are: 2nd brand check-out date/posting of stay = free night posting date:

-> Sep 9/Sep 12 = Sep 20 (Fri)
-> Sep 16/Sep 19 = Sep 26 (Thu)
-> Sep 18/Sep 21 = Sep 26 (Thu)
-> Sep 29/Oct 2 = Oct 11 (Fri)
-> Oct 7/Oct 10 = Oct 18 (Fri)
-> Oct 20/Oct 23 = Oct 31 (Thu)
-> Oct 27/Oct 30 = Nov 7 (Thu)
-> Nov 1/Nov 4 = Nov 7 (Thu)

So it can range from 3 to 9 days from stay posting.

Hope this help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.