Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG closed my acct. (after 25 Best Rate Claims) and noone will tell me why

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG closed my acct. (after 25 Best Rate Claims) and noone will tell me why

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by elva
They entered into contract when the reservation was made. Afterwards they mutually agreed to adjust the rate to zero (OP by submitting the claim, IHG by accepting it as a valid one). What's so difficult about that?

And when IHG inform OP that they have now decided that OPs nights no longer qualify for BRG, but IHG do not then collect monies for those nights, there is no contract as no monies have exchanged hands.

Like any other purchase whether online or in person in a shop, OP is simply tendering to purchase, if seller does not accept purchase and monies, then there is no sale and thus no contract.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
And when IHG inform OP that they have now decided that OPs nights no longer qualify for BRG, but IHG do not then collect monies for those nights, there is no contract as no monies have exchanged hands.
IF these were Advanced Purchase rates and the OP's cards were already charged, then yes, monies have been exchanged, and IHG is bound to that contract.

Like any other purchase whether online or in person in a shop, OP is simply tendering to purchase, if seller does not accept purchase and monies, then there is no sale and thus no contract.
In the eyes of the law; a lot of times a simple confirmation e-mail that the reservation has been accepted is a contract. Whether or not they have chosen to pre-charge the credit card becomes irrelevant. As long as the OP has provided a valid credit card number and the reservation is confirmed, then they must follow through on it.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by Marevna
NONSENSE: He wrote he "gamed the system" with "a number of BRGs and some bonus promo codes" and I thought most of us are here to learn more about these tricks (and similar tricks)?
Really? That says a lot.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Post#147. Classes himself with all those who cheat and trick. Please don't deny the admitted facts.
I'm sorry, but I don't see it. He's writing that he has scored some BRGs, which is hardly cheating and tricking. He also used some promo codes. I can only assume that IHG doesn't care. These codes are given out to some customers and usually they are not classified as "secret" by IHG.

HTB.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:51 pm
htb

How can OP have a contract with IHG for BRG nights when he has not actually paid for them?
A contract does not require pre-payment. If I, as a cookie seller, tell you that you can have a free cookie when you tell me where cookies can be bought at a lower price, I wouldn't expect you to first pay for my cookie before giving it to you for free. Furthermore, a contract would still be in place and I have accepted that you have found a cheaper place.

IHG can hardly say there was no contract after verifying the lower rate and agreeing to a free night.

HTB.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:56 pm
htb

That's incorrect. IHG has already agreed to accepting the purchase. "Backing out" of this contract may open the possibility to charge IHG for damages in the amount of what it will cost the OP to book a comparable room in the area of the original hotel. If I were the OP I don't think I'd simply let this go.

HTB.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by htb
I'm sorry, but I don't see it. He's writing that he has scored some BRGs, which is hardly cheating and tricking. He also used some promo codes. I can only assume that IHG doesn't care. These codes are given out to some customers and usually they are not classified as "secret" by IHG.

HTB.
OK, your continued dogged and determined defence of the OP is intriguing to say the least. Carry on frothing at the mouth over the "low moral standards"of the big corporate, stamping on the little man. I on the other hand, will enjoy my frothing beer from the legitimately-earned free mini-bar. Cheers!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:44 am
htb

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
OK, your continued dogged and determined defence of the OP is intriguing to say the least. Carry on frothing at the mouth over the "low moral standards"of the big corporate, stamping on the little man. I on the other hand, will enjoy my frothing beer from the legitimately-earned free mini-bar. Cheers!
I don't think these statements support your claim that the OP was "cheating and tricking".

Also, I don't think the way you show off your RA status and belittle "the little man" are appropriate, nor does the good treatment you seem to receive in some way balance out the treatment the OP has received. So I don't think this is even relevant here.

HTB.

Last edited by htb; Sep 24, 2013 at 10:00 am Reason: Grammar: remove accidental double negative
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by htb
I don't think these statements don't supports your claim that the OP was "cheating and tricking".
With the double-negative, are you saying . . . ?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by htb
I don't think these statements don't supports your claim that the OP was "cheating and tricking".

Also, I don't think the way you show off your RA status and belittle "the little man" are appropriate, nor does the good treatment you seem to receive in some way balance out the treatment the OP has received. So I don't think this is even relevant here.

HTB.
I receive good treatment because I qualify for it. It's not supposed to balance out anything. It just shows how sticking to the rules pays off. I don't care if it's relevant to you, but it matters to me.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:51 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
----------------------------

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Sep 23, 2013 at 7:21 pm
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
I have just completed reading this entire thread and am surprised that many of the respondents have provided comment without referring back to either the IHG Rewards Membership T&Cs or the Best Price Guarantee (BPR) T&Cs.

IHG has the right to cancel any IHG Rewards membership for any reason (article 4 membership T&Cs). It can also cancel previously approved BRPs in accordance with the BRP T&Cs in article 13.

Any disputes arising from the BRP cancellations must be dealt with in either a federal or state court in the State of Georgia, USA, regardless of where the OP resides (BRP T&Cs article 15).

The OP has acknowledged breaking some rules, not fully disclosed in his postings and IHG has exercised its rights under the T&Cs.

I see no wrong in what IHG has done in this case based on what has been posted.

mxm135
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
+1 - A sensible post. And correct. All the bleating about supposed analogies which have nothing to do with the t&c to which OP agreed are just that, "bleating".
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by MXM135
The OP has acknowledged breaking some rules, not fully disclosed in his postings and IHG has exercised its rights under the T&Cs.

mxm135
Here we go again, which rules has the op acknowledged to breaking?
Every single post the op has written I agree with 100%.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by travelismylife
Here we go again, which rules has the op acknowledged to breaking?
Every single post the op has written I agree with 100%.
Rather I would say .... in IHG's view Op has circumvented the intent of the BRG program. OP has admitted this, only staying when able to identify a BRG night etc.

You don't need to break any individual BRG rule to fall foul of circumventing the intent of IHG's BRG program. Intent obviously did not include someone pre-searching OTA's to only book BRG single nights with no paid nights.

Personally I don't think it is 24 BRG nights total that caused IHG to react, it is surely the almost 100% percentage of BRG nights in total stays, and whilst not stated so by Op, I would guess the one paid night may well be a failed BRG attempt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.