Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Cybrandian
I'm interested in the stay at xx brands for xx points part of this promo.

T and C suggests stays need to be qualifying so what about 35% off (exclusive prepaid) rates for a stay at a particular brand ?

I'm not bothered about not getting points for a stay if it counts as a brand stay for the purpose of this promotion.
For this promotion it sounds like it won't count, for crack the case it did.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by mitpat474
There should be a link to a extensive list? my list has around 100 hotels in Europe.
yes it does link participating hotels, but as you say it also says things like "holiday inn heathrow" and the like.

Looks like it just needs to be the towns so that will be easy for most
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: PC
The list does seem to be wonky what with the Madrid one not even being open, but would you really risk staying in a place and not having it count? Until someone reports that their stay in the city itself got posted as a hit, I wouldn't bet on it...
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by TAWS
Do you know someone in the states? You could add your friend to a booking and have them check in.
Has this worked reliably in the past?

I've got 4 nights, 2 brands, 2 Saturdays, 2 cities, 1 paid on my IHG Chase card for 96K points. The cities is the only hard one, and I'm spending time in the DC area, so getting the first city is easy. But getting to any of the other cities on my list would be hard and/or too pricey to make this worthwhile.

But if I don't need to be present to get a night at a 2nd city elsewhere, then this becomes much more doable.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:42 am

The one that kills the full monty for me is:

Kick back, relax and win
Stay at 2 resorts in the following locations and receive 10,800 Points

Number of bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct IHG resort properties (3 night minimum stay) at all participating IHG resorts in Asia, Middle East, South Pacific Islands or Australia
I could do 2 x 3 night stays at the 2 resort properties in Australia but the 83000 extra points that I would receive for that part of the promo and the bonus are worth about $580 making 6 nights and the transport costs associated a marginal at best proposition.

So I will probably get an easy 44900 with little effort/extra cost rather than the full 127,500. C'est la vie.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Priority Club has just launched their new promotion, which runs from September 01, 2013 to December 01, 2013.

A selection of different single promotions, which might vary according to some reports in the internet in relation to your stay pattern. There is a bonus if all promotions are completed until December 31, 2013. The following example is what some people got:
  • Try one and done: Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points
  • Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 4 nights and receive 4,000 Points
  • Explore more brands: Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 10,000 Points
  • Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points
  • Win in a weekend: Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 8,000 Points
  • Get an additional 25000 Points if all promotions are completed until December 31, 2013.

Registration is open now via https://win.ihg.com/amer/us/en/login...6C-US-EN-Hotel

^
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Stay at any IHG® hotel and receive 1,000 Points
Stay a total of 17 nights and receive 10,600 Points
Stay at 4 different IHG brands and receive 16,000 Points
Complete a simple survey and receive 100 Points
Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive 7,000 Points
* Madrid, Amsterdam, Munich, Paris, London
Stay 5 Saturday nights and receive 7,200 Points
Complete all of your offers and receive 42,000 Points

No love...

No plans on a trip to Europe and no plans on 5 Saturday nights.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Aug 25, 2013 at 3:56 pm
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by scubaccr
If u had expanded T+C's for that task you would have seen as I did the following except your city list will obviously be dfferent

umber of bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct cities from the following list of cities: aaaaa bbbbb cccccc dddddd eeeeeee etc

Give away here is the wording ""DISTINCT CITIES""
Here it says "Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive XXXXX Points"

Changed wording or individual differences?

Unless you got the min 3 nights at resorts, or using PC visa not being eligible for one, this is a great promo. This is better than Crackthecase by far-

I dont get all the whining. Even low offers are great bonus points, especially paired with spend points and other promo codes. Offering better deals to new customers is not uncommon in any industry. Lots of new customer bonuses all over FT.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I hope this attracts new customers to IHG, because it is total crap for existing loyal customers. Or in other words, loyalty is a negative when it comes to promos like this one. I'm probably only going to get a 1000 points from this new promo. Similar I think to the Crack the Case promo. So thousands of un-loyal people will get lots of points and take up reward space that should go to the loyal customers. Bravo IHG!

I've got 55 nights in so far this year, but they want me to do 29 more to get 14,400 points. And unfortunately I don't think the 6 more nights I will stay this month will count.

7 Saturday nights? Not gonna happen.

And the "get out there" promo is only North American hotels! So I guess this is geared mainly for US residents?

The only one I might put some effort into is the 5 brands for 18K points. But continental Europe only has 4 brands, right? So I'd have to make a trip to the UK or something. Probably not going to happen I guess.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by stimpy
. But continental Europe only has 4 brands, right? So I'd have to make a trip to the UK or something. Probably not going to happen I guess.
Europe (excluding UK,IE)

Hiex
Hi
CP
IC
Indigo

so 5
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had one or two reward stays earlier this year, but only one paid night about a week and a half ago. It was, in fact, my first paid night in several years. (Not sure if for this promotion they've processed that yet!) I only had reward stays for the past several years.

I got:

Try One And Done -- 1000 points
Stay More And Earn More -- 6400 points for 4 nights
Explore Our Brands -- 20000 points for just 2 brands (wow!!!!!)
Book With Us -- 4000 points for 2 separate stays booked online OR mobile
Survey The Win -- 100 points for a survey (says "Coming Soon")
Win In A Weekend -- 4800 points for 2 Saturday nights
Spend It And Get It -- book and pay for 1 stay with IHG / Priority Club Visa and get 1500 points
Win Big -- complete all your offers and receive 38,000 points

The Win Big T&Cs don't say if the 38,000 points is additional. But there's a counter at the top of the screen which claims I've earned 00000 out of 75000 points maximum, and that sure seems to be the total of all the above!

So to me it feels almost like a return of the "Crack the Case" promo from 3 years ago! (During which, btw, was the last time, until a week and a half ago, that I did a paid IHG stay!)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 25, 2013 at 10:32 am
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Originally Posted by olegator
Europe (excluding UK,IE)

Hiex
Hi
CP
IC
Indigo

so 5
And Staybridge suites, so 6
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire HHonors Diamond CC Gold
Originally Posted by Cybrandian
And Staybridge suites, so 6
Sorry, no Staybridge in Europe outside UK.
My mistake
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
did anyone get feedback on whether we need to rebook all our existing bookings ?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG plat,Hyatt plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, WN A list, IHG Plat, Delta pittance
Another "whiner" I suppose.... I really will be surprised if I get more than the base 1k points from this.
I'm Plat with 34 stays this year. I stayed twice on reward stays on a Saturday night, so their intelligent data mining threw this loopy requirement in for rewards. I never stay on Saturdays for work.

I have to spend 19 nights for a measly 11,200 points. If I'm not getting double points (like SPG) or at least an extra 1k points/night (like Hyatt) then it's not worth my time.

I have to stay at SIX different brands to get 28k. I've stayed at 4 this year. I seriously doubt I will make this either as my work sends me to remote places without much choice.

After having zero paid Saturday stays, they want 3 of them to give me 5600 points. Not happening.

2 Distinct cities- I never go to any of them for work besides NYC, so that is out. 7200 if I could make it.

I would have gotten a 55k bonus for making them all.
This makes the staid Marriott promo of one free night after two stays seem much better now.
I think my focus for the remainder of the year will be SPG and Hyatt for larger cities, and Marriott for smaller ones. I'm glad some people got targets that will help them. Maybe I will get a better one next time after I've stopped staying.
Plus I wanted to hit the SPG 75 nights and I'm 10 nights away,I was waiting for this promo to help me decide what to do, now I know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.