The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I had a relatively easy one, probably because I've abruptly abandoned IHG when they made only base points and paid packages qualifying.

7 nights, 3 brands, 2 Saturdays, book online 3 times, take the survey, 60k.

I've already made the 3 online reservations for 5 nights and 2 Saturdays over two different weekends. Have a conference for the other two nights which I can't book online. I'm actually going to end up doing 4 brands (HIX, Candlewood, HI, and CP).

Net cost is probably 2 mattress run stays at a Hyatt Place to retain status with them as it's going to be close, but I save $40 on my Candlewood weeknight stay so the out-of-pocket is about $90 for 60k plus one so-so night's sleep on a hard Candlewood bed.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
This promo looks totally crap, yes I have the chance to earn a lot of points, and if it was in a fair way I would be happy, but I have drawn a short straw, and have to do more than a lot of others to earn less points. For example, several posts made by plats, need 3 or 4 brands to earn 36K, I need 4 to get 16K.

At first I though this could be good, but it is now leaving a very sour taste in my mouth. I am pleased for everyone who has a good task, but please IHG, if you are going to do something like this, make it fairer, not only fro the sake of the promo. I like to deal with firms where I feel appreciated, not taken for granted.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:49 am
Suspended

Could anybody clarify that the 2 locations requirement is indeed 2 different cities rather than 2 hotels in any of the listed cities?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
A few specific Questions:

Is a Holiday Inn resort a separate brand to a Holiday Inn? (otherwise there are only 3 brands in Australia).

The "Spend $320USD on food or beverage at any IHG hotel" requirement is difficult to interpret. Do they mean "spend $320 in a single sitting?" Can i spend $320 at a hotel over several stays?

Also, i have a reward booking for several of us on the 3 nights leading up to to New Years Ever where this seems pretty doable. Any reason why that wouldn't count (either because it is an award booking or because we are checking out of New Years Day?)

I don't actually have a trip to Europe planned is the only problem.
My understanding is:
1>, the USD$320 has to be in one stay
2>, four brands is not achievable for you unless you go to Asia to stay in one Holiday Inn Express
3>, Rewards nights counts for elite qualifying stay but not for the promotion as the T&C somewhere indicates qualifying rates...
4>, Last day of the promotion counts. So if the promotion ends on 31st December but you stay over the night it should in theory count towards the promotion.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:02 am

Well I have Madrid Gran Via as one of my city hotels, doesn't open until April 2014!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
Could anybody clarify that the 2 locations requirement is indeed 2 different cities rather than 2 hotels in any of the listed cities?

If u had expanded T+C's for that task you would have seen as I did the following except your city list will obviously be dfferent

umber of bonus points or miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct cities from the following list of cities: aaaaa bbbbb cccccc dddddd eeeeeee etc

Give away here is the wording ""DISTINCT CITIES""
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
My understanding is:
1>, the USD$320 has to be in one stay
2>, four brands is not achievable for you unless you go to Asia to stay in one Holiday Inn Express
3>, Rewards nights counts for elite qualifying stay but not for the promotion as the T&C somewhere indicates qualifying rates...
4>, Last day of the promotion counts. So if the promotion ends on 31st December but you stay over the night it should in theory count towards the promotion.

No, $320 is not one stay. expand and read T+C's for that task
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Red face

Originally Posted by scubaccr
My personalised offer is STUPID STUPID STUPID ... all I will benefit from is 1k for first stay.

It is only going royally piss myself and others off when I see A N Other saying, they will get
o 30K for two IHG Brands stays
o 6K for booking 2stays at IHG.COM 'book with us' task

Surely the extremely dumb IHG marketing department should have realised, we would post our offers on the various user forums, and such big disparities will really upset some elites, especially elites like me whose targetted tasks are unrealistic/un-obtainable....

IN FACT ,,, just one unobtainable task prevents the big win as it is impossible to get the final bonus and if you can't get that final bonus, it is not worth attempting the 'stretch' targets on the barely doable tasks.
Looks like IHG has hired some data mining folks. The offers are apparently tailored to individual stay patterns in the past -- they are doable but will stretch you. Thus, if someone barely stays at IHG, s/he might get an easy task such as big points for just one stay; if someone stays mostly on weekends, the number of weekend nights in the offer will be even higher.

I'm not particularly happy with my offer either:

first stay = 1k
12 nights = 9k
5 different IHG brands (!) = 18k
survey = 0.1k
2 different city locations = 7.2k
5 Saturday nights = 7.2k
win big = 43k

total = 85.5k
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
And with all data mining, things don't always go nicely. Thus if someone just had a one-off vacation in Australia and now the offer might include city challenges down south...
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Mine is extremely easy but not very rewarding...

1 - Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points.
2 - Stay a total of 4 nights and receive 4,000 Points
3 - Stay at 3 different IHG brands and receive 10,000 Points
4 - Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website and receive 2,000 Points
5 - Stay 2 Saturday nights and receive 8,000 Points.
6 - Complete all of your offers and receive 25,000 Points

50000 points in total + the points from the stays themselves. Not too bad in fact for 4 nights.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:47 am

Programs: IHG
I've registered, received email confirmation, but where do I find "my" promotion?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by turner32
I've registered, received email confirmation, but where do I find "my" promotion?
On this website:
http://www.ihgrewardsclub.com/win
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Mine come out to a maximum of 108,000
Try one and done 1,000 Points
Stay more & earn more 13,900 Points from 13 nights stay
Explore our brands 24,000 Points for staying at 4 brands
Book with us 5,400 Points by booking 5 separate stays
Survey the win 100 Points
Stay 4 Saturday nights and receive 9,600 Points.
Win big 54,000 Points by completing all offers.

I think Ill take a pass on this one as I could buy the same points using the 100% promo (expires tomorrow) for $621 or ~400. I could mattress run to hit the totals at a motorway Holiday Inn, but given the increases in award levels and re-qualification requirements its just not worth it.

If the promo had started 1st August I could have already competed this
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:03 am

Wonder what newbies to IHG get offered, Eg a Platinum stus match done 2weeks ago. No history to go on to make a WIN set of tasks to complete.

I think a few will register a new userid just to see what is shown when the then go to /WIN url
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
managed to get on this time target of 74k, may well be able to do it

try one and done 1000pts
stay more earn more 9 nights 8000pts ( already have 15 nights booked, assume I don't need to rebook )
stay at 3 different brands 14,000pts got cp, hi, hiex and staybridge all booked already
see the sights live the live must be Madrid Amsterdam London Paris Munich ( it mentions stay in this town, then lists specific hotels I have stayed in before, not clear if its just to town or the specific hotel ) 8400pts
win in a weekend stay 3 saturdays - 5600pts
achieve all above 37000pts

reckon I would have been doing all these anyway happy days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.