FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Status Match Timescale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1473311-ihg-status-match-timescale.html)

takke Jun 5, 2013 1:01 pm

IHG Status Match Timescale

Hi,

I requested a status match from Le Club Accorhotels Platinum to Priority Club Rewards (I emailed [email protected])

Anyone know how long this normally takes, as I sent the email a week ago and haven't got anything back yet. Is it worth sending another one?

Daekwan Jun 6, 2013 11:53 am

Same here.. just requested a match from my Hilton Gold status

takke Jun 15, 2013 3:27 am

IHG Status Match Timescale

Anyone else looking for a status match, it's much better just to ring them. I rang their US service centre on +1-888-211-9874 at 10am UK time, did not have to wait in a queue, and had the status match done and showing on my online account in less than 5 minutes by emailing directly to the CSR I was talking to. Much better than the emails, which had no replies.

nlkm9 Jun 15, 2013 6:16 am

yep, I had emailed them twice, as soon as i called , before i even got off the phone the match was done.:)

Plissken Jun 15, 2013 11:17 am

took them approx 3 weeks to match my HHonors Gold. Only valid until end of 2013 and 50 nights required to maintain Platinum lol that would mean 1/3 of the year from now on holidays :rolleyes:

nacho Jun 15, 2013 11:27 am

Last time we matched in Mid Dec. and we got our status matched for 14 days.

Neltron Jun 22, 2013 2:57 pm

I just a status match to Platinum today and it took about 30 minutes. I called 1-888-211-9874, sent the CSR my statement from the other brand, and she called me back about a half hour later saying my account had been updated. ^

IflyfromABE Jun 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Call.
and get a screenshot of your current status
ask for an email address for the agent
sent the screenshot
you will be matched before the call ends

(not sure that it will work for the free Accor platinum ;) )

hailstorm Aug 3, 2013 11:00 pm

The whole process took me about 10 minutes by phone. The operator took my information, she specified an email address to which I sent my credentials, she put me on hold for about two minutes to confirm, and the Platinum status was confirmed on my account soon after.

I'd rather there were a reliable way to do this by email, but the phone method was painless enough.

drspear Aug 7, 2013 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Plissken (Post 20928217)
took them approx 3 weeks to match my HHonors Gold. Only valid until end of 2013 and 50 nights required to maintain Platinum lol that would mean 1/3 of the year from now on holidays :rolleyes:

Won't be 50 nights you usually can easily achieve 60k on points

You would need to stay in $50 rooms and not spend extras or ever partake in bonuses to need to do it through nights

ethanwa Aug 7, 2013 2:06 am

I got a status match within a few hours using this email: [email protected]

billnye97 Aug 19, 2013 2:17 pm

I spoke with the IHG rep and she would not give me her personal email to send my Hilton Diamond info to her. I had to send it to the generic one so we'll see how long this takes.

Oh yeah...long time lurker, I finally decided to sign on and post.

Gunnar Smithsen Aug 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Anyone know the validity of these IHG status matches? Is it a calendar year or a rolling year?

scubaccr Aug 24, 2013 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen (Post 21321054)
Anyone know the validity of these IHG status matches? Is it a calendar year or a rolling year?

Historically to end of current calendar year, ie 31st December 2013.

Your status renewal is then based on qual points/qual nights posted since joining/matching up until end of year.

Dolphinyong Aug 27, 2013 3:30 am

Can anyone provide me a specific agent's email?

Hi, guys...I'm trying to do a status match with IHG, but there's still no response from them 2 weeks after my email...

I'm thinking maybe it would be faster for me to email a specific agent? I'm staying in Europe, and I don't think I'm able to call to US...

Thanks a lot.