Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando (Master Thread)

Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:31 pm
RCC
Original Poster

CP in Orlando, FL, 7800 Universal Boulevard Location

hey folks...I am going to the CP in Orlando, FL 7800 Universal Boulevard locataion, was wondering how it was, chance for upgrades for plat. members etc....

thanks in advance.

Ric
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:02 am

Thumbs up

I had a great stay here. The staff is just a dream to deal with, very pleasant, helpful, a very nice Priority Club room staffed with people with all sorts of maps and directions and coupons and suggestions.

I didn't get an upgrade but I paid with points.

They also tend to nickel and dime you for everything from internet access to late checkout, etc, but that seems to be the standard for higher end hotels. They didn't charge for parking.

The room was extremely comfortable and quiet even when busy, but a little on the small-ish side. If you get a room on the top floor you get quite a beautiful view especially during a thunderstorm.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:54 pm
RCC
Original Poster

How is the CP on 7800 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL

I will be going there in about 1 month, wanted to find out how this hotel is.....

Thanks in advance...

Ric
Old Jul 15, 2004, 4:58 am

Highly recommended - great staff, beautiful and comfortable building, speedy network (high speed internet) good restaraunts. ^

Stay away from International Drive CP though!!!
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:11 pm
RCC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Heinrich
Highly recommended - great staff, beautiful and comfortable building, speedy network (high speed internet) good restaraunts. ^

Stay away from International Drive CP though!!!
Thanks for the post Heinrich....believe me I stayed at the Int'l drive location 1 year ago to the day....like I have said in another thread that is current, avoid that place like the plague....

Again, thanks for the post, I will post my report on this location once I return.

Ric
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:48 pm
RCC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RCC
I will be going there in about 1 month, wanted to find out how this hotel is.....

Thanks in advance...

Ric
What are my chances for an upgrade at this location? Not like any other HI prop I have stayed at I hope....

What are everyone elses experience at this location?

Thanks,

Ric
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:02 am

I used points because of the large credit card authorization from the aforementioned HELL hotel and they wouldn't upgrade me....the room was small-ish but very comfortable. I think I had a fridge but no microwave.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 9:21 pm
RCC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RCC

Thanks in advance...

Ric

ok just got back from this hotel.....

here is the report...

nice staff, especially helpful I found....

room was not cleaned to my standards...ok what are my standards....i left some dirty glasses from the bar (with beer in it) maid just left it there.....didnt fold up the roll-away, didnt clean up the desk....sunseed flower shells were on the floor from the PREVIOUS guest....GROSS...I mean several shells.....like 12-15.....

upgrade was NOT available.....I was told hotel was sold out.....how ironic, after i check in....I call from my cell phone an hour later.....ask for a suite....girl that CHECKED me in said several were available....hmmmmmmm I smell a rat....

I had to use dial up internet from my laptop....call was $1 per call....UGH....high speed available for like $11 per day....RIDICIOULS....I went to the business center...HAD to print out a few sheets....cost to print was $89 per PAGE......load of bullsh*t.......

over all....I would stay there again.....considering that the rate was 80/nightly.....
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat, MR plat
Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando (Master Thread)

Hi All,
I promise I tried a search but could not find the info.

I am new to the IC brands, and have booked the CP Orlando Universal club/executive level for a stay starting tomorrow. My question is whether there is a club lounge, and particuarly if this is open at weekends?

Cheers
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
CP Orlando Universal

The last time I stayed there nearly two years ago, they offered Platinum card holders access to the lounge on the top floor FOC. Even on a reward booking.

I picked up on here somewhere that this has stopped (generally across the board). Can anyone confirm if that is the case?

If I can't get free brekky i'm seriously considering one of the Staybridge suites as I have a family of four anyway and would probably be more comfortable there. (Any advice on the staybridge suites in orlando also welcome).

Thanks in advance.

TheKipper
Old Feb 21, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
It hasn't stopped. It used to be all levels of PC membership that got access but this was changed to Plat or Gold a few years back. It is still Plat or Gold get access afaik. It does get too crowded in the lounge in the evenings though. They have tinkered with free drinks over the years - at the moment it seems to be free draught lager and pay for anything else. Breakfast is still continental.

I'm intrigued that anyone would pick a hotel based on whether they got a free breakfast. A comfy mattress, pillow and nice pool would be a lot higher up my priorities!
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
I picked the CP previously because it was so clean and had good beds etc... It was just perfect for 2 adults and a child last time. And the lounge was much appreciated.

However, with a nine month old and a four year old who are both noisy sleepers, I have to consider a much wider range of things. Namely, two rooms so I can get some sleep. We like the staybridge suites in the UK (newcastle and liverpool) because of this. And we like the overall package.

It was probably badly worded as brekky and lounge access is just one of the issues to consider. I would want to adjoining rooms at the CP or I would be like a zombie after a couple of nights! So this means 50000 points per night rather than 20000. But I would do that if all the extras are still there.

But, having said all that I am from Yorkshire so you'd be amazed at how far we'd got for a freebie!

Last edited by TheKipper; Feb 21, 2010 at 8:16 am
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:36 am

Stayed one night last September in the Staybridge suites on I drive in a two bed suite. It was nice but rather tired compared to the CP Universal. Also had one night at the holiday inn Suites (convention centre). Its between the CP and staybridge about 200 yards from each. We were upgraded to a nice room I would say was slightly better than the staybridge and also given free breakfast.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:23 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Squirrel99uk
I'm intrigued that anyone would pick a hotel based on whether they got a free breakfast. A comfy mattress, pillow and nice pool would be a lot higher up my priorities!
When traveling with the family, free breakfast definitely moves up the list of priorities for me. Given that a full breakfast for 4 can cost upwards of $50-$100, free breakfast can definitely help keep the bank from being broke. Or at least provide some extra funds that can be used for other endeavors.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
$100 buys a lot of breakfast in Orlando though eh ?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.