Some ambassador renew and RA referral questions. Thanks!

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Some ambassador renew and RA referral questions. Thanks!

I bought Ambassador membership last May and this January my friend referred me as a RA. But IHG said since my ambassador membership expired on Jul.1 2013 my RA also expired that day. The good thing is they also sent me a RA referral. I am new with RA and have some questions:

1. Can I refer myself as a RA? ( I know it is just a basic question, I want to confirm, thanks!)

2. If yes, when would be the best time to send the RA referral certificate?

3. I read this forum and find information that some people recommend first pay to pay $200 to renew ambassador membership and then send RA, I can get two weekend certificate and two 5000 points. If I first send RA referral, I do not need to pay that $200. Is that right?

4. Last year I saw some options to renew ambassador membership. One is to get 10% redemption discount. That is huge for me point stay will be counted for stay credit and I have many PC points. Is this option still available?

5. I checked my account page, there is a renew reminder. But when i click it, it automatically jump to Ambassador homepage and i cannot find renew option. How should I renew?

6. I have chase PC visa card with 10% redemption discount. If I choose the option in question 4, can I get combined 20% redemption points discount? Anyone has this experience?

I know I have too many questions. Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
I bought Ambassador membership last May and this January my friend referred me as a RA. But IHG said since my ambassador membership expired on Jul.1 2013 my RA also expired that day. The good thing is they also sent me a RA referral. I am new with RA and have some questions:

1. Can I refer myself as a RA? ( I know it is just a basic question, I want to confirm, thanks!)

2. If yes, when would be the best time to send the RA referral certificate?

3. I read this forum and find information that some people recommend first pay to pay $200 to renew ambassador membership and then send RA, I can get two weekend certificate and two 5000 points. If I first send RA referral, I do not need to pay that $200. Is that right?

4. Last year I saw some options to renew ambassador membership. One is to get 10% redemption discount. That is huge for me point stay will be counted for stay credit and I have many PC points. Is this option still available?

5. I checked my account page, there is a renew reminder. But when i click it, it automatically jump to Ambassador homepage and i cannot find renew option. How should I renew?

6. I have chase PC visa card with 10% redemption discount. If I choose the option in question 4, can I get combined 20% redemption points discount? Anyone has this experience?

I know I have too many questions. Thank you in advance.
3) RA voucher does not give free Ambassador, you either a)include creditcard info to buy at $200, or b)already are Ambassador
4) When RA expires, IHG give you a soft landing to Ambassador for a further year/12months. No need for you to buy for next year.

As a referred RA with referral voucher, you can use voucher whilst you still have RA status.
But you would need to refer another person (associate, spouse, partner).

Even if expiry date of voucher is good, you can not use to after you revert to plain Ambassador status. Neither can your RA friend use your voucher to refer you again, as an RA can only refer once per his/her RA year.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Lucky you to get a referral cert as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.