Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel indigo Barcelona Plaza Catalunya Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
This or Le Meridien?

Does anyone have any preference between this hotel or Le Meridien Barcelona?

I am only SPG Gold, so no free breakfast over there either...this is our first time in Barcelona, so "too touristy" is welcome.

I have IHG Plat, but it probably isn't worth too much, right? How does the location compare between the 2 properties?

FWIW, I needed 2 rooms over a holiday weekend, so used 180K PC pts (3 x 30K x 2)...not the best value for rooms that go 150-200€/night, but I had plenty of PC pts.

For Le Meridien, it was 43.5K SPG pts for 3 nts in a Junior Suite, and another 36K SPG pts for the 2nd Standard room. The rates were 200-400€/night.

As you can see, I'm trying to minimize $ spend.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
I can't help you with a comparison, but I can tell you that I am looking forward to my first stay at the Indigo, because I have decided no longer to carry my money to the LM due to their very poor treatment as SPG gold (after 10 years of constant stays there) and I had more than one incident that called for this decission. I have been trying several hotels in a similarly ideal location (and the LM's location is as ideal as it can get) and finally found a really perfect hotel across the street (Hotel 1898), but can't get any points credit to any of my programs there. So far the only alternative would have been the new Renaussance which diesn't look very promising to me.
The Indigo comes close to the ideal location of the LM, the rooms can only be fresher and the rates are better.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Le Méridien Barcelona is a pleasant city hotel, with quite elegant interior design (suites).

I am not a big fan of the Ramblas touristic atmosphere, but the location is very convenient.

Still, the hotel is a bit too expensive for what you get.

Indigo has an unbeatable location, nice interior terrace/garden with small pool, very good restaurant. Rooms are not huge but pleasantly designed.

In the area, Hotel Pulitzer is a very good option too (I love the atmosphere and interior design).
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Talking Check out the rates for next May or June

Check out the rates here next May or June. You would think that you would be getting the best Priority Club redemption value ever!

1275 EUR per night...LOL
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by ethiopianbuffman
Check out the rates here next May or June. You would think that you would be getting the best Priority Club redemption value ever!

1275 EUR per night...LOL
I couldn't even find any bookings up until Jan/feb 14!

EDIT: perhaps a time to take advantage of the brg....
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:39 pm

Just got back from a 4 night stay here. I found it a wonderful hotel in a great location.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Stayed just a few days ago for 1 night as a platinum member.

Got an upgrade to a suite room with free drinks from the minibar (2 water, 2 orange juice) a reduced breakfast from 20 to 12,50€.

Staff is very well aduacated and the location is only a stonethrow away from Plaza Catalunia. Request a room away from the street and your night would be quiet
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Back to this old thread.

I just booked an award stay to this property, and it was really nice to notice that I was able to choose a superior/deluxe room also, so not just a basic room.

the award availability is very low (1 award room / per night), so book early.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Looking at this hotel, is it possible that there are ZERO award nights available in February and March?
Rates are not bad (EUR82/night) for basic room, but still with 300,000 IHG points it'd be nice to use some up sometime..... I see above that they allow ONE award room per night? Can they even do that? I guess yes!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Looking at this hotel, is it possible that there are ZERO award nights available in February and March?
Rates are not bad (EUR82/night) for basic room, but still with 300,000 IHG points it'd be nice to use some up sometime..... I see above that they allow ONE award room per night? Can they even do that? I guess yes!
This hotel is notorious for having very limited award availability.

For 82 euros, you really shouldn't be thinking about spending 30,000 points per night anyhow. At 0.6 cents, that would be $180 worth of points... Plus you should have Accelerate targets to hit and earn a bunch more points.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
One award room per night? Really? How tiny is this hotel?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ARR72
One award room per night? Really? How tiny is this hotel?
The hotel is not huge, BCN is a very popular destination, and property is centrally located with outdoor pool.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The hotel is not huge, BCN is a very popular destination, and property is centrally located with outdoor pool.
Thank you for the head's up. I have a 4 day stay in Sept, where award nights were only available 2 of the 4 nights. I'm glad I booked those 2 nights when I did before they disappeared. Now I wonder how they'll treat my split reservation or treat Spires in general, with regards to upgrades. Thanks again.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:41 am

No points availability for entire year currently. Something going on with the hotel or are they playing games with award availability?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgh10788
No points availability for entire year currently. Something going on with the hotel or are they playing games with award availability?
You might try CP, which is a very solid hotel (more business oriented, but very comfortable rooms, excellent club lounge, convenient location).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.