Promotion discussion thread 2013

Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Is the current quarter the best ever for promos? The Big Win can earn huge amount of points + there are many unlimited stay promos + one time promos.

It's not difficult to earn 100k with a 2-3 short stays. Actually my SO got 90k with 2 one nighters and will cross 100k with the third one.
Wow. How is that possible? I did three, and I'm only at 80K - and that's only because some Big Win bonuses kicked in. And I'm signed up for 22 promos. How'd you get 90K with 2 nights? Unless they were $500 nights in a North American IC...
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Wow. How is that possible? I did three, and I'm only at 80K - and that's only because some Big Win bonuses kicked in. And I'm signed up for 22 promos. How'd you get 90K with 2 nights? Unless they were $500 nights in a North American IC...
Sure, with BigWin included - as we usually use my account for stays, her targets were very easy and rewarding (as opposed to mine) - so we stayed a couple of times on her account. ^
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Book Direct 2013

Did anyone ever get any points for the Book Direct 2013 promotion? According to the flyer the promotion was valid for stays from July 10 to October 31 and you would receive 2,000 points each for up to four stays booked direct on the IHG website.

Some people reported that they had asked IHG Customer Service and were told that points would post after the promotion has ended. However in My Offer Status the promotion end date now shows as 31st December 2013.

And that is also what the website says now:

IHG Book Direct

So I guess that we'll have to wait until next year to find out??
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
now that it's been extended to Dec 31st, good chance we won't see anything up to six to eight weeks after, maybe not till the beginning of March

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Did anyone ever get any points for the Book Direct 2013 promotion? According to the flyer the promotion was valid for stays from July 10 to October 31 and you would receive 2,000 points each for up to four stays booked direct on the IHG website.

Some people reported that they had asked IHG Customer Service and were told that points would post after the promotion has ended. However in My Offer Status the promotion end date now shows as 31st December 2013.

And that is also what the website says now:

IHG Book Direct

So I guess that we'll have to wait until next year to find out??
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
now that it's been extended to Dec 31st, good chance we won't see anything up to six to eight weeks after, maybe not till the beginning of March
It is listed under "my offers" but still says: No current activity for this offer
and You have earned 0 of 4 possible awards
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
It is listed under "my offers" but still says: No current activity for this offer
and You have earned 0 of 4 possible awards
Yes that's how it appears for me also, notwithstanding direct bookings being made, but i think we've all had plenty others like that, the weekend bonus for example and others, just the vagaries of the IHG system.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Yes that's how it appears for me also, notwithstanding direct bookings being made, but i think we've all had plenty others like that, the weekend bonus for example and others, just the vagaries of the IHG system.
LOL, that one's been sitting in my offers for months. I wonder where you have to live to actually earn any points on that one.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:09 am

Is the current quarter the best ever for promos? The Big Win can earn huge amount of points + there are many unlimited stay promos + one time promos.

It's not difficult to earn 100k with a 2-3 short stays. Actually my SO got 90k with 2 one nighters and will cross 100k with the third one.

A few years ago - Crack the Case AND Sweet Dilemma at the same time...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This quarter has indeed be a very good one and lots of points were earned. But I'm one of those with hotels in impossible countries for the Big Win. No trips planned to Australia for the rest of the year. I also had a relatively high (for me) stay requirement of 22 nights. I'll just manage to reach 17 or 18 and I won't do a mattress run for the 22k bonus to complete that one.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Indeed it varies. None in our family will hit the big game (Sat stays required for one, impossible cities for another) but still a nice haul with the other non-Game promos.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anybody got experience with the code (1041 or something similar) that gives HP employees gold status? I used this code and my online account was updated to gold two weeks ago, also got the 10% bonus on base points on my last stay, but checking into a HIX today the confirmation the hotel had showed my tier as basic? Has anyone else had the same experience?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
Anybody got experience with the code (1041 or something similar) that gives HP employees gold status? I used this code and my online account was updated to gold two weeks ago, also got the 10% bonus on base points on my last stay, but checking into a HIX today the confirmation the hotel had showed my tier as basic? Has anyone else had the same experience?
Were you gold when you booked the hotel?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KathinJax
Were you gold when you booked the hotel?
I wasn't, no.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
I wasn't, no.
Many times the hotel does not get your updated status, just the status when you booked. You would have to show them that you have an upgraded status when you check n.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KathinJax
Many times the hotel does not get your updated status, just the status when you booked. You would have to show them that you have an upgraded status when you check n.
This is just poor IT programing, if the airlines can upgrade one's status then hotel's should be able to do the same thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.