Promotion discussion thread 2013

Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by WAS
That won't count, sorry. Has to be the same hotel.
Thanks! I really appreciate the insight. This saves me from registering for the promo and letting it go to waste. Now, I can save it for a time I will actually have a qualifying stay.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by FedUp2
Does this mean that the traditional promos (e.g. Anniversary Bonus, Welcome back etc) are now all DEAD?
Why on earth would you assume that?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
FYI - 2954 - Business Transient Offer is only available for accounts with an address in the USA.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
FYI - 2954 - Business Transient Offer is only available for accounts with an address in the USA.
i'm enrolled in that but don't know what it's for, do you know?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i'm enrolled in that but don't know what it's for, do you know?
same here....enrolled but no clue what its for....
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
same here....enrolled but no clue what its for....
and no points US address or not
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
and no points US address or not
i have a us address....just don't know what this code is for....
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I just did a two night stay at a HI, and with all of my bonuses and such, netted me 27K of points. Not bad at all.
Got similar, 1 night at a Holiday Inn got me 22500 points, thanks Flyer Talk.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:56 pm

Just finished a 2 night stay at a HIX which got me 34,500 points!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I have had 3 stays in the last one month. I have registered for possible promos. netted me ~12K on the first stay. 20K on the second. From the 3rd stay, I could only register for one promo and got points(~5K) for only that. I have another stay coming up in 2 days. I have not able to find any new promo code. Does that mean no bonus points for me this time? How to IHG loyalists get around the problem.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2 MM; IC Diamond Amb;
Originally Posted by kyunbit
I have had 3 stays in the last one month. I have registered for possible promos. netted me ~12K on the first stay. 20K on the second. From the 3rd stay, I could only register for one promo and got points(~5K) for only that. I have another stay coming up in 2 days. I have not able to find any new promo code. Does that mean no bonus points for me this time? How to IHG loyalists get around the problem.
I don't think they particularly do... myself, I try a few extra codes about once a year and they are nice to get along with the normal point nights... but I don't think anyone can expect a bunch of bonus points every stay, nor should they... my 59 nights so far this year has given me 350K+ points with 150K qualifying points.. that's enough!!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Buzzman
I don't think they particularly do... myself, I try a few extra codes about once a year and they are nice to get along with the normal point nights... but I don't think anyone can expect a bunch of bonus points every stay, nor should they... my 59 nights so far this year has given me 350K+ points with 150K qualifying points.. that's enough!!
True, the extra points have just made me more greedy and raised my expectations sky high.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2 MM; IC Diamond Amb;
Originally Posted by kyunbit
True, the extra points have just made me more greedy and raised my expectations sky high.
And my big win is not in there.. I'm 4 stays (which are booked) from another 83K points on top of this year.. over 400K for a year is pretty ok with me...
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I tried and was rejected as an invalid offer code.
I could register for this one, but the points never posted. There may be something in the fine print that we don't get to see, such as the offer being valid for one specific brand only.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Q4/2014 - best promo quarter ever?

Is the current quarter the best ever for promos? The Big Win can earn huge amount of points + there are many unlimited stay promos + one time promos.

It's not difficult to earn 100k with a 2-3 short stays. Actually my SO got 90k with 2 one nighters and will cross 100k with the third one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.