Promotion discussion thread 2013

Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ag51
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)
Depends on the hotel - the rules say this would only count as one 3 night stay, so you can't complain if the hotel combine the reservations into one
The hotel I am at never combines the folios...although I check-in for more than one back-to-back reservation at a time.

Anyone with IHG Rewards stay experience knows that their promo rules rarely turn out to what they say word for word...sometimes in our favor...and sometimes in theirs.

They still owe me for two $25 retail gift cards from a promo late last year...and I've been going round and round on that one with them for over 9 months.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:20 pm

Registring for a bonus code

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Can someone tell me how the codes are applied? Do the codes have to be registered for prior to making the reservation? I have a corporate discount that would have to be booked over the phone. The IHG number would then be applied. Would the stay still be eligible for the bonus points?
You must register the code prior to checkout. I have successfully registered for a code during a single night stay.

However, you should not expect that a code will be applied retroactively if you register after checkout.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:25 pm

Tried doing a search but nothing came up. I was wondering if I am able to use to promo codes for points if I book through a third party website. I was looking to do this so I can book my travel through a cash back site since it looks like IHG no longer participates with Ebates or the like. As always any advice is appreciated!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:00 pm

Registering for offer code(s)

I have read the thread on registering for multiple promotional offer codes such as welcome back, platinum , weekend. book online etc

I have 6 codes registered which all expire on December 31, 2013. I have 2 stays - one in early December and one in late December.

Do I need to re-register for the codes again once I completed my first stay or would the codes be applied for both stays?

Or is it only good for one usage?

TIA
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wanderingviolet
Tried doing a search but nothing came up. I was wondering if I am able to use to promo codes for points if I book through a third party website. I was looking to do this so I can book my travel through a cash back site since it looks like IHG no longer participates with Ebates or the like. As always any advice is appreciated!
If you book through a third party website, you will likely not get points (most of the third party site discount codes exclude the big chains, anyway). You're not supposed to get points but sometimes they post anyway but you're taking a risk. Better off booking through an IHG channel or do a Friends & Family (which doesn't earn points) for usually lower rate (with normal 2-week advance).

I do miss the cashback a lot...especially when it was 15-20%.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 pm

You will probably get more/better options than this, but I've been using MyPoints.com for awhile now. The way it works is you go to MyPoints, click on the Holiday Inn link and make your reservation on the Holiday Inn website. But just for the extra click, you get 5 points per dollar spent at Holiday Inn brands. You can then get any number of gift cards at about 7000 points for a $50 gift card. True, it's not cash, but just for clicking through it's not bad. MyPoints will send you a lot of emails to get extra points for website visits and surveys, but you can do them or not. Just my 2 cents.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
IHG is stiil a click through partner with MyPoints, which gives you 5 MyPoints points per dollar (and occasionally more than that specials- there was a 15 points per dollar e-mail earlier this fall I'm now wishing I'd saved) toward United Miles, Marriott GCs, prepaid Visa cards, and assorted non-travel rewards, if any of those would be useful to you.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:15 pm

Just seen this on facebook:
Now it's even easier to top off your IHG Rewards Club account. Purchase points through Oct. 18 and get 50% more points...putting you right where you want to be! http://ihg.co/6183bwGh
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by beachmouse
IHG is stiil a click through partner with MyPoints, which gives you 5 MyPoints points per dollar (and occasionally more than that specials- there was a 15 points per dollar e-mail earlier this fall I'm now wishing I'd saved) toward United Miles, Marriott GCs, prepaid Visa cards, and assorted non-travel rewards, if any of those would be useful to you.

thanks for this-if you go thru mypoints-are you av for all the priortiy inn stay bonuses?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks for this-if you go thru mypoints-are you av for all the priortiy inn stay bonuses?
Yes
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:29 pm

One other quick question: Does any IHG hotel participate in the bonus points promotions when registered? I thought I saw a link with participating properties, but don't remember...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Chris S.
Just seen this on facebook:
Now it's even easier to top off your IHG Rewards Club account. Purchase points through Oct. 18 and get 50% more points...putting you right where you want to be! http://ihg.co/6183bwGh
Purchasing point does not count toward elite plints right?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry
Originally Posted by lingua101
Purchasing point does not count toward elite plints right?
I think points purchased directly via IHG Rewards Club (points.com) do count towards elite status. However I need a second confirmation.

Last edited by lcpteck; Oct 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm Reason: Update
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I promise i've done some digging around but can't easily see the answer for this...

How many of the promotion points go towards your platinum qualifying target? I was currently getting an extra 1000 points as an anniversary bonus which do count towards it but how about these other ones?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry
Originally Posted by snevillio
I promise i've done some digging around but can't easily see the answer for this...

How many of the promotion points go towards your platinum qualifying target? I was currently getting an extra 1000 points as an anniversary bonus which do count towards it but how about these other ones?
If I'm not wrong, none of the bonus points earned from stays count towards elite status. Only base points count + points purchased via points.com are counted it seems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.