Promotion discussion thread 2013

Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
So is there going to be no promo for Q4? I mean for those of us loyal IHG customers who have been given virtually impossible bars to reach in the Big Loser promo? Is IHG pushing me to have more Starwood and Hilton stays this fall? You know, programs that give out bonus points to everyone, including their most loyal customers?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
I have not register for the BIG WIN promo yet as I wanted to see what are the requirements and challenges. It seems the requirements and challenges are unique to each members. And the bonus points seem to range from at least 50K to as high as 150K (?? possible??)

Anyway, beside this promo, there is another one for the China market where you need to stay at 2 unique brands and earn 1 free nights up to a maximum of 4 nights.

It would seem the latter promo is better and achievable (considering an IC cost on avg 40K x 4 = 160K)

I read it somewhere that the two promos are not stackable.

The only requirement for the latter promo is you need to have an address in China.

Assuming one resides in China, the latter promo is the way to go? Any opinions on this?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Yes China Deal Is Better Promo

yes, it's a better promo, a trade off for just earning 2 or 4K for stay in China v 20 points per $ spent in the Americas and Canada, looking forward to universally consistent earning for IC stays, currently disincentivised outside the Americas for Long Term IC Stays, if this anomaly annoys you, please email Customer Care or call or on + 1 800 621 0555 and ask them to raise with IHG management to fix.

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I do not think so, but time will show ...
Originally Posted by chrisksc
I have not register for the BIG WIN promo yet as I wanted to see what are the requirements and challenges. It seems the requirements and challenges are unique to each members. And the bonus points seem to range from at least 50K to as high as 150K (?? possible??)

Anyway, beside this promo, there is another one for the China market where you need to stay at 2 unique brands and earn 1 free nights up to a maximum of 4 nights.

It would seem the latter promo is better and achievable (considering an IC cost on avg 40K x 4 = 160K)

I read it somewhere that the two promos are not stackable.

The only requirement for the latter promo is you need to have an address in China.

Assuming one resides in China, the latter promo is the way to go? Any opinions on this?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Star Alliance Silver
Howdy folks! My very first message in this forum.

I managed to register both the China and the Win Big promo (or at least they appear in my offer status list). I kind of assumed that once they're both succesfully registered, I'd get the rewards from both promos, dispite of the T&C's of China.

Now I got little suspicious, whether it works that way. I entered the China promo first, so if IHG's system really detects my two campaigns in contradiction to each other, it will probably discard the points from Win Big. Dammit... Has anyone else registered both promos?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
yes, it's a better promo, a trade off for just earning 2 or 4K for stay in China v 20 points per $ spent in the Americas and Canada, looking forward to universally consistent earning for IC stays, currently disincentivised outside the Americas for Long Term IC Stays, if this anomaly annoys you, please email Customer Care or call or on + 1 800 621 0555 and ask them to raise with IHG management to fix.
It's a great promo stay 2 get 1 free "in China" at any hotel till May 31/14.
So if your planning a trip to china it's the way to go.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:55 pm

yes for China stayers, effectively equivalent of double the Big Win, four free nights @ 50K redemption is 200K v the average max of 100K for the Big Win

Originally Posted by mech11
It's a great promo stay 2 get 1 free "in China" at any hotel till May 31/14.
So if your planning a trip to china it's the way to go.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
yes for China stayers, effectively equivalent of double the Big Win, four free nights @ 50K redemption is 200K v the average max of 100K for the Big Win
You cannot value the China Dream free night at 50K level due to the limitations when it comes to expiry and that there are very few IHG hotels in Greater China at 50K level (remember that you can use the free night in China, Macau, Hong Kong, and Taiwan as well).

You can only value it at 50K had you redeemed at 50K level at any of the Greater China hotels by May 31, 2014, regardless of this promo. I sure know that I would not had. I value the China Dream free night at max 25K.

Last edited by holtju2; Aug 31, 2013 at 10:23 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
You cannot value the China Dream free night at 50K level due to the limitations when it comes to expiry and that there are very few IHG hotels in Greater China at 50K level (remember that you can use the free night in China, Macau, Hong Kong, and Taiwan as well).

You can only value it at 50K had you redeemed at 50K level at any of the Greater China hotels by May 31, 2013, regardless of this promo. I sure know that I would not had. I value the China Dream free night at max 25K.
do you mean 2014? i'll be redeeming for four nights at the HK IC, 200K no?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
do you mean 2014? i'll be redeeming for four nights at the HK IC, 200K no?
The date was incorrect, yes. My point was that you can use the points in anyway and anywhere you want, where these China Dream award nights have expiry and other limitations. You can only value them at 45K per night (IC is 45K per night in HKG), if you had used use the points for four nights stay there anyway. I certainly would not have.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:36 am

i don't disagree, we have a lot of nights in China HK etc, so it is beneficial, i see it as four nights, which we will utilise, for the Big Win, mine is 104K, so i see that as two nights, i understand everybody's mileage may vary

Originally Posted by holtju2
The date was incorrect, yes. My point was that you can use the points in anyway and anywhere you want, where these China Dream award nights have expiry and other limitations. You can only value them at 45K per night (IC is 45K per night in HKG), if you had used use the points for four nights stay there anyway. I certainly would not have.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:32 am

waiting for code:3 stay in IC and get Ambassador

last year there is a code: finish 3 stay in IC and upgrde to Ambassador
Now I am waiting for it.
Don't know when it will come out.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jqihe862
last year there is a code: finish 3 stay in IC and upgrde to Ambassador
Now I am waiting for it.
Don't know when it will come out.

Yes , FTer posted 31st august 2012 -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19228252-post139.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
STAY 3 NIGHTS AT ICON, GET AMBASSADOR FREE
Only stays at Intercontinental count.

No idea if code still usable if any IHG'r did not use last time around they could try and register.
(As an RA/Ambassador myself, I can not test it out, despite not using this code in the past)
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yes , FTer posted 31st august 2012 -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19228252-post139.html

Description:
STAY 3 NIGHTS AT ICON, GET AMBASSADOR FREE
Only stays at Intercontinental count.

No idea if code still usable if any IHG'r did not use last time around they could try and register.
(As an RA/Ambassador myself, I can not test it out, despite not using this code in the past)
Interesting paid stays or rewards count? I'll be trying it either way.

UPDATE

I tried to register for this promo and this is what I got.
"The code you entered is invalid for your membership. Please check the qualification requirements for your country, region or program. For further assistance please visit the IHG Rewards Club Customer Care Center page."

Oh well....

Last edited by FlightNurse; Sep 1, 2013 at 12:17 pm Reason: update
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by vaibhav29oct
How about a Euro-trip? Starting today, enjoy a guaranteed 35% off our best available rate for stays until Sept 8th. We've got participating hotels across Europe waiting to be discovered this summer.

Book here:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...35off-discover

I guess most (if not all) IHG brand hotels in Europe are participating in this offer. This is incredibly cheap (cheaper than the Friends & Family rate) and the good news is that IHG Rewards Club points will apply on your stay (unlike most other F&F type rates)!!!

T&C:
Offer applicable for stays up to September 8th 2013 for bookings made before 4th August.
Discount is on the Best Flexible Rate and is non-refundable.

I played around with their website and I am able to book a room as early as tomorrow at the flat 35% discounted rate (so they don't force you to book xyz days in advance to be eligible for this offer).
Does anyone have the terms and conditions of this offer. IHG claim that its non qualifiying but I swear it said it was. Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:01 am

35% Discount - Terms and Conditions

35% offer represents a saving against our Best Flexible rate per room, per night for two adults sharing a standard double/twin room (inclusive of VAT).
Room only, breakfast not included, except for Holiday Inn Express hotels.
Stays are available over Fri, Sat and Sun nights (some hotels may offer limited midweek availability - please check when booking).
Offers applicable for reservations made by 31st December 2013.
Up to 2 children under the age of 18 stay free when sharing a room with up to 2 adults.
Offer valid on new European hotel bookings only, full payment must be made at time of booking; no amendments permitted; no refunds will be given. For cancellations of stays at hotels in Germany, a 10% deposit will be returned.
All bookings are subject to availability of rooms allocated to this offer at participating hotels. A maximum of 2 rooms can be booked under any one reservation.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or special promotions. Dublin Airport subject to a 15% service charge. Priority Club points will not be awarded for the stay. This offer cannot be redeemed with Priority Club points.
Offer only available at participating European hotels.
Promoter: InterContinental Hotels Group Service Company, Broadwater Park, Denham, Buckingham, UB9 5HR, England (company number 00575108) (IHG).

I'm afraid it's none qualifying

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.