Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion discussion thread 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Reward stays don't count. It's not just about 'all cash' as there are plenty of excluded rates that also don't count such as Friends & Family.
Perhaps you forgot about the fact that since 1st July 2013 Reward Nights DO count as qualifying nights towards maintainance and/or increase of the status...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by hdlz
I will be staying 3 nights next week, so I registered with 4993 code, does point + cash qualify for stays, or I have to pay with all cash?

thanks
Reward nights, including points + cash, do not count for promo points, so you would not get the points for that promo code.

(But as Flamewing says they will count towards status.)
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Bloobell
I had a stay on 15 July and these Bonus Points did NOT post sadly.

In 'My Offer Status' it say no activity.

I have another stay tomorrow so fingers crossed

There used to be a page for the promo, but it's gone

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...-EN-OTA_vanity
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
There used to be a page for the promo, but it's gone

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...-EN-OTA_vanity
The page has gone MIA, but I have it saved as PDF.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flamewing
Perhaps you forgot about the fact that since 1st July 2013 Reward Nights DO count as qualifying nights towards maintainance and/or increase of the status...
As of JULY2013, Reward (points) nights remain as NON-Qualifying nights, so for non-qual for your status benefits.

However IHG will count/add the number of reward nights to your yearly total stay count to help you requalify as IHG Gold/Platinum on nights stayed count.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
As of JULY2013, Reward (points) nights remain as NON-Qualifying nights, so for non-qual for your status benefits.

However IHG will count/add the number of reward nights to your yearly total stay count to help you requalify as IHG Gold/Platinum on nights stayed count.
From the IHG® REWARDS CLUB GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

IHG® Rewards CLUB GOLD, PLATINUM ("ELITE") MEMBERSHIPS

2. b. Qualifying Nights – IHG® Rewards Club Gold Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 15 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. IHG® Rewards Club Platinum Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 50 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. Once a member earns Elite membership status in any calendar year, such status will be maintained through the end of the following calendar year. Starting July 1, 2013, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights consumed by members will be counted as Qualifying Nights towards Elite membership qualifications.

And that's exactly what I said: "since 1st July 2013 Reward Nights DO count as qualifying nights towards maintainance and/or increase of the status"
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flamewing
From the IHG® REWARDS CLUB GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

IHG® Rewards CLUB GOLD, PLATINUM ("ELITE") MEMBERSHIPS

2. b. Qualifying Nights – IHG® Rewards Club Gold Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 15 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. IHG® Rewards Club Platinum Elite status will be awarded to members who have earned a minimum of 50 nights at Qualifying Rates during a calendar year. Once a member earns Elite membership status in any calendar year, such status will be maintained through the end of the following calendar year. Starting July 1, 2013, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights consumed by members will be counted as Qualifying Nights towards Elite membership qualifications.

And that's exactly what I said: "since 1st July 2013 Reward Nights DO count as qualifying nights towards maintainance and/or increase of the status"
Looks like two sets of slightly different text about this. The following is from link ->reservations->rewards nights , which I copy in full below. IHG specifically say COUNTING and COMBINED (as against Qualifying) ........................

Reward Nights are now even more valuable

As a valued IHG® Rewards Club member, we always want you to get the most out of your stay - that includes counting Reward Nights towards your Elite Status!

Starting 1 July 2013, IHG® Rewards Club will combine your Reward Nights with your Qualifying Nights toward Elite Status qualification, bringing you closer to attaining Elite Status while you enjoy your stay using your points.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
So Double points is ending very soon. Sorry if I missed it, but is there another promotion for August? Or nothing til Q4?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by stimpy
So Double points is ending very soon. Sorry if I missed it, but is there another promotion for August? Or nothing til Q4?
I'm still waiting for the 5K Weekend bonus to post from a stay in May, contacted customer service twice and nothing! This must be the worst promo tracking/posting ever!!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I'm still waiting for the 5K Weekend bonus to post from a stay in May, contacted customer service twice and nothing! This must be the worst promo tracking/posting ever!!
It will not post within 60 days.

My experience is that without a U.S. address it will never post---even though it show up in your rewards.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Bye, Bye IHG

i am so frustrated by my attempts to get credit for the Weekend Bonus. Phone agents say it takes 60-days to post and they'll monitor my account but never do. E-mailing an inquiry to the Ambassador customer support gets a confused response saying the 5K has posted...and refers to the Stay 5 additional nights and Get 5K Bonus (which has posted to my account) instead of the Weekend Bonus (of which only one of two has posted). A response attempting to clarify this has gone unanswered for a week now, and the second 5K hasn't posted. I have another weekend stay coming up next month and am sure it will not post properly and require diligence to follow up on it.

These issues are getting to be too regular and have turned me from an IHG loyalist to look at other programs. Since I've been a member of the PC since the early HI frequent stay program days, as well as an Ambassador since its Six Continents Club days, this is not a move I will make without some regret. But it just shows how little IHG really cares about its members. (Further supported by the fact that it has not lurker here, unlike most other programs.)
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:07 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i am so frustrated by my attempts to get credit for the Weekend Bonus. Phone agents say it takes 60-days to post and they'll monitor my account but never do. E-mailing an inquiry to the Ambassador customer support gets a confused response saying the 5K has posted...and refers to the Stay 5 additional nights and Get 5K Bonus (which has posted to my account) instead of the Weekend Bonus (of which only one of two has posted). A response attempting to clarify this has gone unanswered for a week now, and the second 5K hasn't posted. I have another weekend stay coming up next month and am sure it will not post properly and require diligence to follow up on it.

These issues are getting to be too regular and have turned me from an IHG loyalist to look at other programs. Since I've been a member of the PC since the early HI frequent stay program days, as well as an Ambassador since its Six Continents Club days, this is not a move I will make without some regret. But it just shows how little IHG really cares about its members. (Further supported by the fact that it has not lurker here, unlike most other programs.)
Shareholder, are you referring to different accounts, or different years? as my understanding is the 5K weekend bonus is a one a year bonus, i share your frustrations with the IHG Rewards support function
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
They do lurk. PM IHG Care
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:28 am

It posted to my account 9 July, that was for a stay in the beginning of June.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Shareholder, are you referring to different accounts, or different years? as my understanding is the 5K weekend bonus is a one a year bonus, i share your frustrations with the IHG Rewards support function
Thanks for the clarification. Thought it was an unlimited bonus running through March 2014. (Small world but nice to meet you yesterday at the IC Toronto 12-hours after your posting of the reply!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.