Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by radryan
So before it was asked if you had to be ambassador to use the certificate and the answer focused on ID so I think they made the assumption that it would be used by different person.

I need to re-ask with more detail.

I am currently ambassador with a BOGO certificate that expires after my ambassador expires.

Has anyone had success booking BOGO while ambassador and then using that BOGO certificate for that booking that happens to when you are no longer ambassador (ambassador expires prior to your booking)?
Terms are bogo is only valid if room occupied by an Ambassador, so you definitely have to use occupy BOGO'd room whilst you have Ambassador Status.

If at checkin for a BOGO reservation, you are missing either a)bogo cert b)Ambassador status, as per booking terms you will be charged for both nights in full. You won't have much choice as usually cancelation at IC's is 4pm day before and IHG/Hotel have your CC as part of booking bogo rate.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA, IHG PLM AMB
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
weird isn't it? I did the same and two night availability opened up in Warsaw and Madrid in mid-Feb. 4 nights wouldn't work anywhere, except when I checked last year for Tokyo in Feb (could see 4 night availability).
I was having some availability problems with Palazzo and Venetian in vegas then i removed my corp discount number which was prepopulating from my profile and it found availability for the same dates after the removal. May be something to try.

Thanks scubaccr I wanted to confirm the terms so it looks like amb for another year for me!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:31 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
weird isn't it? I did the same and two night availability opened up in Warsaw and Madrid in mid-Feb. 4 nights wouldn't work anywhere, except when I checked last year for Tokyo in Feb (could see 4 night availability).
You should book 2x2 days anyway. Non-BOGO rates can be cheaper.

HTB.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:26 pm
rro

I'm planning a stay for 4 nights (Sat-Wed) in July, and looking into saving money with the Ambassador program. I've looked up the rates/availability using the links posted in this thread to confirm Ambassador Weekend eligibility.

Question is: Would I be able to make two bookings to save the most money? i.e. book Sat-Sun (2nts) with the Ambassador BOGO rate, and then a second booking for Mon-Tues (2nts, checkout Wed) using the cheaper Advance Purchase rate? I plan to book the same type room for both bookings (and I should get a one level upgrade for the entire stay, right?).

Also, assuming this is kosher, what is the best way to ensure I keep the same room for the entire stay and not have to switch rooms?

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by rro
Question is: Would I be able to make two bookings to save the most money? i.e. book Sat-Sun (2nts) with the Ambassador BOGO rate, and then a second booking for Mon-Tues (2nts, checkout Wed) using the cheaper Advance Purchase rate? I plan to book the same type room for both bookings (and I should get a one level upgrade for the entire stay, right?).

Also, assuming this is kosher, what is the best way to ensure I keep the same room for the entire stay and not have to switch rooms?
Yes, you can place two separate reservations. Yes, you will get the upgraded room for the entire stay. No, they will not ask you to switch rooms.

If you want to be extra careful you can email the hotel after placing the reservations and have them note that you'll be arriving for a 4-night stay. Then they basically link the two reservations together.

In general I have to advise against booking a non-refundable rate six month in advance. Prices change all the time and there's even a decent chance that until July the flexible rate would be cheaper than the non-refundable rate that is available today. Just my opinion.

And welcome to FT!
:-:
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:44 pm

Me and my wife both have 2 free nights, from into the nights promo, and I am going to join as an ambassador to use the BOGO voucher, for a trip to Malta in August.

if I book using the BOGO for the Sat (paid) Sun (free) Mon, Tues (my into the nights) Wed, Thurs (her into the nights) Fri (her reward night) would the hotel be able to link all of the bookings together? and would they honour my ambassador upgrade even on her platinum non ambassador nights .
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by N3jly
Me and my wife both have 2 free nights, from into the nights promo, and I am going to join as an ambassador to use the BOGO voucher, for a trip to Malta in August.

if I book using the BOGO for the Sat (paid) Sun (free) Mon, Tues (my into the nights) Wed, Thurs (her into the nights) Fri (her reward night) would the hotel be able to link all of the bookings together? and would they honour my ambassador upgrade even on her platinum non ambassador nights .
Well,

Linking the reservations together is not a problem I imagine, but the upgrade might be. The hotel has to give you an upgrade only for the first two nights and by linking all seven nights together you essentially asking if you can keep the upgrade for the additional five nights. The hotel is not required to upgrade your award nights - even if you hold Ambassador status and your wife hold Platinum status with IHG Rewards (which really has no value in IC hotels).

Given the hotel was made aware that all these reservations are for one couple, there are two likely outcomes:

(1) The hotel would give you an upgraded room for the first two nights and then ask you to move to a different room.
(2) The hotel would let you keep the upgraded room for the entire stay. This is a long shot IMO given that the majority of the nights are on award.

In this situation I would send an email to the hotel to explain the situation, possibly tell a story about the stay being a special occasion and politely inquire about their upgrade policy as if I'm not aware of the Ambassador program T&C. Maybe a positive answer (#2) would be given right there.

The hotel might also offer you to pay for an upgrade for the other five nights so that you could keep the same room. That's also common.

Any way do contact the hotel in advance to avoid any confusion during check-in. The worst thing you can do is to surprise them with 4-5 reservations.

Last edited by FlyingOutTLV; Jan 30, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
2 rooms as Amb - free movie in both or one??

Not sure if this is the right place to ask..

We have 2 rooms that I am paying for, one is Amb BOGO, other normal hotel rate.
Do we get free movie in both or just one?
thanks
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Can you use a BOGO certificate for only standard rooms or can you use them for suites? As long as you pay the AMB rate?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by strikerr
Can you use a BOGO certificate for only standard rooms or can you use them for suites? As long as you pay the AMB rate?
If on the hotel website under the AMB rate you see suites they will let you use it. I have use it in Miami IC for the best suite
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
Not sure if this is the right place to ask..

We have 2 rooms that I am paying for, one is Amb BOGO, other normal hotel rate.
Do we get free movie in both or just one?
thanks
Bennies is for the rom you yourself occupy. Since you can't argue you are staying yourself in both rooms, the answer is no, free movie in your room only

Free movie is per stay also so only one per stay even if you split reservations
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
I have a BOGO cert (am a regular plat Ambassador) that expired a few months ago, think I can still use it? Or will the hotel check and charge me for the second weekend night? I know what the T&Cs say, I am merely asking to see if anyone has experience with strict FD folks looking at the small print or lenient FD folks taking it in stride?

-AD
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by strikerr
As stated as long as the room appears under the AMB rate you can book it. I have just booked a 2 room senior suite at IC Berlin and went through the online chat to ensure it was eligible as it was appearing but I wanted to be sure.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
I have a BOGO cert (am a regular plat Ambassador) that expired a few months ago, think I can still use it? Or will the hotel check and charge me for the second weekend night? I know what the T&Cs say, I am merely asking to see if anyone has experience with strict FD folks looking at the small print or lenient FD folks taking it in stride?

-AD
I would not chance it that the FD folks will be lenient.

They are out of their own pocket when they accept coupons/certificate that the property cannot get reimbursed by IHG.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by radryan
I was having some availability problems with Palazzo and Venetian in vegas then i removed my corp discount number which was prepopulating from my profile and it found availability for the same dates after the removal. May be something to try.
Really? I took a look the other day and was able to scan through several months on the calendar without a single weekend showing available for the BOGO cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.