Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Which are the most extraordinary Hotels in the Intercontinental chain? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: quitecontrary
Please enter exceptional hotels here.
So far -
Hong Kong
Marseille
Bali
Saigon
Le Grand Paris
Singapore
Sydney (for the view)
Print Wikipost

Which are the most extraordinary Hotels in the Intercontinental chain? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2004, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
The IC Singapore. ^

Its just makes me feel at home, relaxed and comfortable. Maybe its all the service, smiles and staff who I've never seen that manage to call me by name when I pass them. Whatever or however they do it, they are one of a kind in my book.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; IC RA
IC Tokyo Bay

:-: IC Tokyo Bay :-:
Fabulous views, steps from a train station (albeit a minor train line but nevertheless just 2 stops to Shinbashi), and the most important feature of all in Tokyo: quiet, quiet, quiet! The only sounds you hear at night are the occasional fog horns of the ferries coming in to harbor.

The next-door fitness center closed its doors last March, which is a terrible misfortune as it was a fabulous facility. But otherwise I really love this hotel. You can usually get rates well below US$200 at HI's web site.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by inlanikai
The IC Singapore. ^

Its just makes me feel at home, relaxed and comfortable. Maybe its all the service, smiles and staff who I've never seen that manage to call me by name when I pass them. Whatever or however they do it, they are one of a kind in my book.
Also one of my favourite ones. Stayed for almost 6 months and felt as if I would "live" there because everyone from bell hops to maids, from front desk to waiters knew me and Mgmt checked on me from time to time to ensure my satisfaction. ^ I got superb upgrades and discounts for services for periods of months at a time on a quite low corporate rate. Great place and staff. I like the Marc Hopkins too and Vienna is certainly a decent one though I find the place looks a bit "tired".

Cheers ...
Old Oct 26, 2004, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Internaut
I recently had a short stay at the Intercontinental Vienna which is now my favourite Intercontinental because:

iii) Best buffet breakfast I've ever had at an Intercon.

I second that on the buffet breakfast. Notice all the Asian foods that were on the buffet?

Good location and good workout facilities.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 7:18 pm
JKD

Bangkok & Yokohama

I stayed at BKK IC when it was the Royal Meridien and have continued since the change... ambience is good and staff is efficient, friendly and warm. Second floor restaurant had a great breakfast buffet and pricey but good meals. I like IC Yokohama Grand for its location in Minato Mirai - nice view of the bay and the staff always makes me feel welcome .....
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Pointeater
I second that on the buffet breakfast. Notice all the Asian foods that were on the buffet?

Good location and good workout facilities.
Asian food (including Sushi) and Middle Eastern food appeared to be the specialities when I was there. I'm sure I read something about them poaching a chef from the Burj
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:55 pm

The IC Mumbai (Marine Drive) is really nice.

It is a boutique hotel (59 rooms or so) with modern, spacious rooms and bathrooms, and good service and food. I would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Mumbai.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:22 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Having been to IC's in my 1st yr of membership in Cologne, Sharm-el-Sheikh, Madrid, Prague & (technically) Bratislava - Can definitely recommend Cologne as the best one due to;

- Right in the center of town, with short walks everywhere & great views & sounds (church bells @xmas) from it all.

-Great prices (we paid £15 I think for free mini-bar all weekend, incl. Brandy, Champers & even a lego toy.)

- Has a Jazz-type bar that is one of the favoured, happening local places to go, this was crucial as last thing wanted to take my partner to was a place where no life to it, which is usually the case with hotel restaurants & bars, despite their trumpeting of their facilities.

Last edited by tristan727; Oct 28, 2004 at 10:26 pm
Old Nov 1, 2004, 4:35 pm
dme

Programs: CO Plat, NWPlat, Marriott Gold, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold, Delta peon, various other
Bali.

Their service is always outstanding.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:03 am

I've always been especially partial to the IC Luxembourg
Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:56 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by TWA4Ever
I've always been especially partial to the IC Luxembourg

Some good reviews of it here in FT , but sadly they sold it a while ago.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It's been a Hilton for some years ...
Old Aug 6, 2005, 1:38 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Favorite IC property?

I've just started staying with IC/Crowne Plazas again (refugee from SPG and Hilton), after several years away from the program.

I've been to the Chicago IC, the Atlanta-Buckhead IC, and going to Miami IC in the next couple of weeks.

IC Atlanta-Buckhead's bed rivalled, and dare I say, were more comfortable than the Westin Heavenly beds! IC Chicago was decent as well.

Which is your favorite IC property, domestic US and international? Any thoughts on what I can expect at the Miami IC?
Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
I haven't had an extensive list of stays at IC's but I must admit, the IC Buckhead in Atlanta really spoiled me. It bed was, in fact, too comfortable for words.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:11 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
IC Hong Kong (the former Regent) is my favorite.

I have only experienced:
- IC Hong Kong
- IC Hong Kong Grand Stanford
- IC London Churchill
- IC London
- IC NYC Central Park South
- IC NYC Barclay
- IC Tokyo Bay
- IC Singapore
- IC Berchtesgaden, Germany
- IC Le Grand, Paris
- IC Zurich
- IC Mark Hopkins, San Francisco

Last edited by Jet2K; Aug 7, 2005 at 9:16 pm Reason: Added the short list of ICs that I have personal experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.