Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 person max rule when there are 2 double beds

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
3 person max rule when there are 2 double beds

It seems to me that there is an increasing tendandy for ICHG properties to have a max occupancy of 3 persons even when there are two double beds.

I can understand that they do not want 4 adults n a room but what about 2 adults and 2 kids.

When booking and and using 2A and 2C combination it is now not unusual to get no rooms available in some cities and a request to book 2 rooms. Yet, when you book 2A and 1C the rooms are available and in the room description it says max occupancy 2 adults and 2 children. Others however state 3 persons max.

My experience is that most allow the 2 children who share he double bed but I wonder why there is no clear policy and no standardisation.

Have others notd this and is the limit becoming more strictly enforced.

It is a problem outside North America where there is never a problem.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
Yes it is a problem with the booking engine. If you do a bit of searching around their website you should find a rule something along the lines of "Children 19 and under stay free when using existing bedding".

The booking engine is the problem and if you call the PCR hotline to book you should have no problems.

We often book rooms for 2A 2C outside of the US in Australia, Asia, Europe etc and have never had issues
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I have noticed that too - and not only that but "2 person max" when two double or queen beds are present.

I guess I usually just end up booking another property and never tried to call - I'd assumed it wouldn't help to call. Why is the ICHG booking engine behaving that way only with some properties and not others? It's not a bed type difference so it almost seems like it's being purposely programmed differently, maybe to nudge people into booking two rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.