Not arriving together

Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Question Not arriving together

While I have been planning my summer holiday, a question has arisen. By the current plan, I will meet Mrs. Bruce in Washington, DC (as she's travelling around with some friends the week before I'll be arriving). Currently, it looks like I'm going to book a *A award flight to EWR (lack of availability to IAD), stay there for one night and then take the train to Washington. Again, due to lack of availability, I'm forced to arrive in New York two days [Saturday evening] before we're meeting. As I'm not really inclined to stay in New York longer than absolutely necessary [I'll be arriving in late evening], I'm planning to spend only a single night in New York and then move on to Washington [on Sunday]. However, she'll only arrive on Monday - so I'd spend one night alone in Washington.

Now the question, as I've never done something like that: I only want to make a single booking for the Washington hotel, where I'll be spending the first night alone and another two or three together with her. While this should be possible without having to do separate bookings (due to per-room rates instead of per-person rates), is there anything I should be aware of in terms of paperwork? Or is it sufficient to write something like "expect non-standard arrival procedure" into the comments box at the time of booking?

Any advice?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by bruce80
While I have been planning my summer holiday, a question has arisen. By the current plan, I will meet Mrs. Bruce in Washington, DC (as she's travelling around with some friends the week before I'll be arriving). Currently, it looks like I'm going to book a *A award flight to EWR (lack of availability to IAD), stay there for one night and then take the train to Washington. Again, due to lack of availability, I'm forced to arrive in New York two days [Saturday evening] before we're meeting. As I'm not really inclined to stay in New York longer than absolutely necessary [I'll be arriving in late evening], I'm planning to spend only a single night in New York and then move on to Washington [on Sunday]. However, she'll only arrive on Monday - so I'd spend one night alone in Washington.

Now the question, as I've never done something like that: I only want to make a single booking for the Washington hotel, where I'll be spending the first night alone and another two or three together with her. While this should be possible without having to do separate bookings (due to per-room rates instead of per-person rates), is there anything I should be aware of in terms of paperwork? Or is it sufficient to write something like "expect non-standard arrival procedure" into the comments box at the time of booking?

Any advice?
Just tell them in the comments box or via email that she will arrive a day later. No issue.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The only issue might be if she has status with the hotel but you don't or if the reservation is in her name.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:28 am

In the bookings I always put :

Guest may arrive at different times.
or
2nd Guest may arrive first.

Always worked for me and in the case of the later my Girlfriend as arrived a day before me and checked in no problem etc. I just turn up with the credit card when I arrive.

As most rooms are not booked on occupancy unlike other hotels I have not experienced any problems with staggered arrivals.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Dazedwards
In the bookings I always put :

Guest may arrive at different times.
or
2nd Guest may arrive first.

Always worked for me and in the case of the later my Girlfriend as arrived a day before me and checked in no problem etc. I just turn up with the credit card when I arrive.

As most rooms are not booked on occupancy unlike other hotels I have not experienced any problems with staggered arrivals.

Hope that helps.
it has always worked for us, I make sure we are both named on the reservation, then if OH arrives first he can still check in. Even where I could not get there it was all fine

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.