Got charged for a cancelled booking

Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Got charged for a cancelled booking

So I cancelled by booking Friday morning at 9:30 am on Friday before the 6:00pm cutoff. I checked my account and I still got charged for it. Do you contact the hotel directly PC?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
So I cancelled by booking Friday morning at 9:30 am on Friday before the 6:00pm cutoff. I checked my account and I still got charged for it. Do you contact the hotel directly PC?
Start by calling the 800#. 99% of the time, they can see what time the room was cancelled and issue the credit. If they can't, let them undertake the research.

If for some reason, you cancelled by phone, make sure you call the same # you called to cancel.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hope you wrote down a cancellation number or have some other proof that you cancelled the reservation. Did you at least note the name of the agent handling the call?

Also, note that cancellation times refer to the time zone of the hotel, not the reservation center or headquarters of the chain. This sometimes causes confusion as the agents see your cancellation time stamp and do not realize that it might need to be converted to hotel time.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Arghhhhhhh I just called and they didn't charged it BUT when I called HI/PC they have no record.

When I checked my bill it says "HOLIDAY INNS 888-2119874 GA" I haven't stayed or booked in that hotel!!!

EDIT! Arghhhhh I just remembered I renewed my Ambassador Membership with 10k extra points for $150

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jun 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Arghhhhhhh I just called and they didn't charged it BUT when I called HI/PC they have no record.

When I checked my bill it says "HOLIDAY INNS 888-2119874 GA" I haven't stayed or booked in that hotel!!!
Is it a pending charge? The hotel may have done a pending charge as they prepared all the checkins for the day. I have seen a few hotels do this.

Also, I have seen the charge come from a different hotel than the one I check-in if they are part of the same franchise. I have one HIX I have been staying at recently that keeps showing as Staybridge on my credit card statement. The Staybridge is the next door property under the same owners.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patrickATX
Is it a pending charge? The hotel may have done a pending charge as they prepared all the checkins for the day. I have seen a few hotels do this.

Also, I have seen the charge come from a different hotel than the one I check-in if they are part of the same franchise. I have one HIX I have been staying at recently that keeps showing as Staybridge on my credit card statement. The Staybridge is the next door property under the same owners.
I think the number is from Ambassador renewal but the name or address was not what I was expecting.

Is this how it was charged in some folks here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.