Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
IC Jakarta

As always very pleasant stay and was upgraded to a nice suite and granted full club access. While the rate I book does have breakfast and internet included I found the club still very good with some free laundry / pressing allowance and a really good dinner selection (salad, great antipasti, seared tuna, cold cuts, cheese, some hot indo specialties, fruits, dessert, etc. ). This is only granted on paid stays though, on awards you don't get it officially (I managed as a very frequent guest on PBs though).
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yucci18
No choice... I asked the front desk manager and also the room revenue manager.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by cazane
Unfortunatly my report seems to be more or less confirmed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20215078-post172.html
And so updated.

Originally Posted by hrchon
From 2013

paid stay
coex : upgrade(1)+ club access
grand : upgrade(1) + club access(include BOGOF)

reward stay
coex : only upgrade(1)
grand : only upgrade(1)
if you wanna access the club lounge, piad $100 on reward night
What do you mean (1)? Is that single category upgrade?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
What do you mean (1)? Is that single category upgrade?

yes.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 11, 2013 at 5:23 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
IC Madrid

I was told that they no longer are including club access for RA's on paid stays. This was to fall inline with London ect. Just stayed here on the 2/10.....

This was after a lengthy discussion with the Club attendant.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by shawntobi
IC Madrid

I was told that they no longer are including club access for RA's on paid stays. This was to fall inline with London ect. Just stayed here on the 2/10.....

This was after a lengthy discussion with the Club attendant.
Why fall in line with London? Why not stay in line with Paris?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is this comp Club Access for RA on Paid and Reward stays?

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
See my post 1162 in the RA experiences thread.

At the IC Boston, the front desk agent told me that the hotel is now offering free club access to all RAs. This policy may change, but at least right now, RAs get complimentary club access.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Updated through last post. Thanks to all.

But sad to see many (Seoul and Madrid) getting downgrades.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Still to be confirmed, but the choice between Club and Suite in Bangkok seems to be reduced
to Executive Room now.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Still to be confirmed, but the choice between Club and Suite in Bangkok seems to be reduced
to Executive Room now.
To clarify, do you mean when booking a basic room at IC Bangkok, RA's now receive
a)No Club access
b)Room Upgrade to an Executive Room (No suite upgrade despite no Lounge)
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
to Executive Room now.
To clarify, do you mean when booking a basic room at IC Bangkok, RA's now receive
a)No Club access
b)Room Upgrade to an Executive Room (No suite upgrade despite no Lounge)
No Lounge and no club upgrade.

My next stay is only coming in two month (but with a or b for sure not in the IC), so someones else input is necessary.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: IC RA
I gave my RA voucher to my fiancée in the hopes that she too would get a voucher to extend me another year. Looking through her packet that she got this week, I don't recall any mention of club benefits being listed. It simply mentioned upgrade to an Executive Room or suite.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Investor 11
I gave my RA voucher to my fiancée in the hopes that she too would get a voucher to extend me another year. Looking through her packet that she got this week, I don't recall any mention of club benefits being listed. It simply mentioned upgrade to an Executive Room or suite.
Correct, club access is not a published benefit, but some hotels do give RAs complimentary access and so this thread was made to keep track of who currently does and doesn't give access.

I am in the lounge at Paris Le Grand right now. We are here using points the last night and I was explicitly told at check in that we had club access that day as well.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Correct, club access is not a published benefit, but some hotels do give RAs complimentary access and so this thread was made to keep track of who currently does and doesn't give access.

I am in the lounge at Paris Le Grand right now. We are here using points the last night and I was explicitly told at check in that we had club access that day as well.
You're right, I should have been more clear in what I was saying. The website still lists a Club Room as a possible benefit while the new packet made no mention. I thought that was something new.

I was at the IC le Grand last week on points as well. And as you mentioned received all RA benefits including a great room upgrade. A fabulous hotel.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
IC Prague.

Paid stay with BRG on first night. Booked basic room given Exec room upgrade and Club Access
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geoggy
IC Prague.

Paid stay with BRG on first night. Booked basic room given Exec room upgrade and Club Access
Thank goodness, another EU hotel staying on the both list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.