Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HI Hong Kong (HKG) Golden Mile Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I noticed Holiday Inn Golden Mile have economy, standard, and deluxe rooms. Anyone can share what's the difference btw them? Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Helen123
I noticed Holiday Inn Golden Mile have economy, standard, and deluxe rooms. Anyone can share what's the difference btw them? Thanks!
You mean in addition to what is shown here?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...lsearchresults
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by BA1A

Thanks for the link (I reviewed it already). However, it only mentions deluxe and executive rooms, and nothing about their economy/standard rooms. For similar pricing, like ICGS room more but HI location...
Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:54 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA1A

Yes, as there is no mention on any ICHG website of the rooms and their acutal stats, unlike many other hotels there is very little detail in the rate description fields when booking. Some of the other third party sites such as wotif.com do have better detail:

Economy Room 18sqm
Standard 28sqm
Deluxe High Floor 28sqm

Trip advisor has some travellers photos of rooms that show there is quite a difference, I suspect the lack of furniture and the closeness of the sole bed to the window indicates this to be an economy one: http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med.../hong-kong.jpg

Last edited by markis10; Feb 28, 2010 at 7:41 pm Reason: Spelling :)
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:57 pm

Thanks so much, markis10! Your info is exactly what I was looking for..^
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: PC Platinum, MPC Silver, Golden Circle Gold
Anyone stayed in HI Golden Mile lately as I plan to stay there in mid October n would appreciate if any feedback about the rooms and the rates there...

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get cheaper rates in HI Golden Mile ?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Toffees
Anyone stayed in HI Golden Mile lately as I plan to stay there in mid October n would appreciate if any feedback about the rooms and the rates there...

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get cheaper rates in HI Golden Mile ?
Stayed 5 years ago, so of no use.

Use F&F if you can do without the points
Old Oct 23, 2011, 1:53 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
HI Golden Mile, HK

Well, I didn't like this property when it was the (old) Hyatt Regency and like it even less as a HI. One night stand, on points plus $60. No breakfast, HK$149 for internet, even as a PLT/AMB, and of course no views. All I can say positive about the place is that it is close to MTR/Star Ferry. Otherwise, I'd pass on it.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
With IC, you have to buy a breakfast rate to get breakfast. I would guess you were upgraded to a newer room at least. If you would have happened to be on a paid rate and purchaed the premier room then you should be upgraded to a exec floor room and the lounge is actually pretty nice IMO. The hotel isnt great but I wouldnt pass because of no breakfast. There are zero views though but that is not important to us but anyone that wants a nice view then this would not fit the bill.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by rbAA
Well, I didn't like this property when it was the (old) Hyatt Regency and like it even less as a HI. One night stand, on points plus $60. No breakfast, HK$149 for internet, even as a PLT/AMB, and of course no views. All I can say positive about the place is that it is close to MTR/Star Ferry. Otherwise, I'd pass on it.
Old Hyatt Regency was actually on next side of Nathan Road, it is now a shopping arcard.
HI Golden Miles exists for more then 20 years.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:48 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Now staying at the HR TST, looking down on the HI Golden Mile. I see now that it was not the old HR.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I'd give it a miss in future because its rooftop pool looks great in photos ... and isn't heated! What a total waste of everyone's money, much of the year. They should close it when it's useless, not pay someone to clean it and watch over it. Plus, the saunas and steam rooms are sex-segregated and tiny. (Additionally, all of those facilities are unavailable to anyone in a wheelchair, as the top floor can only be accessed by a flight of stairs!)

Overall, very poor for the price they charge.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
HIEx Causeway Bay

Yeah, I stayed there for a few nights and thought it was pretty worthless of a hotel.

If I'm looking for a cheap and easy hotel, I prefer to stay in the HIEx in Causeway Bay. It is usually cheaper, you get free breakfast (crappy, but still free), free internet, and the location is damn good. Also, for some reason, my room in HIEx was actually bigger than the room given to me in HI Golden Mile in December!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I'd give it a miss in future because its rooftop pool looks great in photos ... and isn't heated! What a total waste of everyone's money, much of the year. They should close it when it's useless, not pay someone to clean it and watch over it. Plus, the saunas and steam rooms are sex-segregated and tiny. (Additionally, all of those facilities are unavailable to anyone in a wheelchair, as the top floor can only be accessed by a flight of stairs!)

Overall, very poor for the price they charge.
+1
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Just completed a points stay. A lot of points, but also a lot of $$ at the cash rate! Perfectly happy with a comfortable room, terrific location, very late check-out and chocolates in my room. Asked about free internet: the reply was very graceful and a tad unclear but i guessed at a "no"

They were very efficient in storing and retrieved baggage for my return from a side-trip. That sounds a trivial exercise, but it's one that hotels routinely mess up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.