Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Second Night Free Coupon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Second Night Free Coupon

I have one of the Second night free coupons sent out in the AA elite packets. Some restrictions, but if anyone wants it, let me know and I will mail it out.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:52 am

Or, you could always save the postage and print your own:
http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/c..._freenight.gif
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Gee thanks Upgrade Me. It is always so great to hear from you. Especially because you didn't just post another link to another FT page as you normally do.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:10 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
You don't need to print out a coupon....just book it online. I did one of these this week, there was no request for a coupon. I think this promo runs through January.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 1:21 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zipual:
...Some restrictions, but....</font>
Is this offer really interesting ?

(I do not mean the coupon, no offense, zipual , I mean the second night free. I understand tat the first night is full fare, which is often very expensive.)

Old Dec 12, 2002, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

As I have heard that the rack rate at HI sometimes isn't too much more than the corporate rate, I thought it might be useful. I never stay at HI's so wasn't aware that you could get these coupons off the web. Needless to say I won't saunter to the Holiday Inn part of the board any too soon again.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 6:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zipual:
As I have heard that the rack rate at HI sometimes isn't too much more than the corporate rate, I thought it might be useful. I never stay at HI's so wasn't aware that you could get these coupons off the web. Needless to say I won't saunter to the Holiday Inn part of the board any too soon again.</font>
My stay this week was at the rack rate, $110 (with second night free). I'd have paid $80 at the corporate rate.......a pretty good savings.

You have to check both rates and make a decision based upon the savings. Not all hotels offer the second night free deal either.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 7:18 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
I'd have paid $80 at the corporate rate.......a pretty good savings.</font>
Make sense on this example.

Thanks !
Old Dec 13, 2002, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
..... I never stay at HI's so wasn't aware that you could get these coupons off the web. Needless to say I won't saunter to the Holiday Inn part of the board any too soon again.</font>

I just wanted to say thank you for posting the original listing. Even as an HI plat there are new things I learn from time to time. We all have different levels of expertise.

Anyway though, good post.

Old Dec 13, 2002, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
HIs have had this promo for a couple of years now. For some reason, this promo is not always highlighted on the PC site. But ads run in a lot of travel magazines and weekend newspaper sections to promote it. This can be a good deal during the week, but weekend rates are generally a lot less and can often be had for Thursdays as well as Fridays and Saturdays, so an end of week stay may be cheaper NOT using these certificates.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 10:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
Make sense on this example.

Thanks !
</font>
Mon ami:

$110 for two nights
$80 for one night (times two equals $160)

I saved $50 for the two night stay.

Comprende?
Old Dec 14, 2002, 8:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
Comprende?</font>
HPTunco, sorry for my poor english.

I meant 'It makes sense on this example, thank you for the example and the calculation.'
The result was obvious. It demonstrate that this offer is sometimes really interesting

Sorry again

Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
HPTunco, sorry for my poor english.

I meant 'It makes sense on this example, thank you for the example and the calculation.'
The result was obvious. It demonstrate that this offer is sometimes really interesting

Sorry again

</font>
Bienvenue Monsieur!
Old Dec 19, 2002, 11:00 am

I used this option again this week...but the desk clerk wasn't going to check me in without this coupon! I told him that I've booked this promo several times and never presented a coupon.

I had to go to my room, and fax the confirmation EMAIL that I had from HI in order to receive the rate.

I guess the coupon thing is techically required, although most apparently done collect it.

This week.....$85 per night normal corporate rate.....paid $110 for one night with the second night FREE ($55 average per night).

The other neat thing about this is that they don't show the second night, therefore you don't get hit with local taxes or surcharges for two nights, only one!
Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
The last time I used one of these certificates was in Fort Worth, Texas. The rate was $79, with the second night free. Quite a nice deal. I've also successfully used the coupons in small markets, where Holiday Inn is often the best hotel in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.