Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

InterContinental Montreal Master Thread

I've booked an award stay and a free night for VISA for the IC Montreal on a Saturday and Sunday in late May. I've read reviews on this hotel, and it caters to business travelers more than tourists. I'm thinking it may be easier to get an upgrade since I'm staying the weekend.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this property and if they treat Platinum members well. I was hoping to get an upgrade, breakfast coupons, etc as I normally do with other IHG hotels. But this will be my first visit to an IC hotel.

Thanks.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to January 01, 2011 could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...01-2011-a.html

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 11, 2013 at 5:10 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Please remind that being Platinum rather than Ambassador at ICs generally does not bring that much.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hotel is ok, nothing out of the ordinary.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Please remind that being Platinum rather than Ambassador at ICs generally does not bring that much.
Being an RA doesn't seem to mean that much here either ..

As a Royal Ambassador, the upgrades are assigned as follow

Room Booked Room Upgrade

-Corner Inspiring Room to Club InterContinental Room
-Club InterContinental Room to Iconic Suite Tourelle
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
well, at least on my last stays at the beginning of last year I've always been assigned with an iconic suite tourelle plus club access while booking the basic room category as an RA.

I was absolutely delighted with my stays over there.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: PC RA
I stay at this hotel many time a year and they always book the cheapest room and give the iconic corner room and acces to the club, free alcool and good food at the club, lately they have the breakfast buffet at the restaurant more choice there.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by kf2k3
I've booked an award stay and a free night for VISA for the IC Montreal on a Saturday and Sunday in late May. I've read reviews on this hotel, and it caters to business travelers more than tourists. I'm thinking it may be easier to get an upgrade since I'm staying the weekend.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this property and if they treat Platinum members well. I was hoping to get an upgrade, breakfast coupons, etc as I normally do with other IHG hotels. But this will be my first visit to an IC hotel.

Thanks.

I was there for a Fri/Sat on a 2 for 1 BOGO cert....but as Plat but as RA. Booked Club to be sure as it was busy and got the Iconic Suite Tourelle. But as a PCR Plat without Amb status don't expect much for upgrades nor Brkfst coupons ( You can buy Club access after the fact at the front desk for about $30 each which is well worth it for evening food w/free wine/beer + breakfast. The club was closed Sunday so they gave us Brkfst coupons instead.

Since this is a nice hotel on the edge of Old Montreal I'd say its busier on weekends for tourists, weddings etc so don't expect a break on weekends

Its a great place to stay. Location is ideal for walking uptown for shopping or Old Montreal. Behind the hotel is an enclosed space with skylights between the building with a neat Berlin Wall exhibit and statues and such. Having club access is both convenient and enjoyable...saves bucks too. IC Montreal is on the underground commuter/subway path network to go uptown if the weathers bad.

If it were me....I'd buy IC Amb status now, use the 2 for 1 night BOGO you get and bank the 5000 pts cert you get. At least as Amb you have a chance at an upgrade and you can save your points for an HI or CP or renewing Amb next year for 22000 pts.....just a thought and you still have 30000 pts to spend later.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...sador/benefits

Last edited by Points Surfer; Mar 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by boekel
well, at least on my last stays at the beginning of last year I've always been assigned with an iconic suite tourelle plus club access while booking the basic room category as an RA.

I was absolutely delighted with my stays over there.
+1
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by E14 26C
Being an RA doesn't seem to mean that much here either ..

As a Royal Ambassador, the upgrades are assigned as follow

Room Booked Room Upgrade

-Corner Inspiring Room to Club InterContinental Room
-Club InterContinental Room to Iconic Suite Tourelle
Seems that RAs that book club rooms get currently upgraded to a (drumroll) club room, discussions will be underway once I calm down.

Ps 55 mins immigration queue ...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: FB GOLD, IHG Platinum, HHonors GOLD, A|Club Platinum
Hi,

i've stayed in this property during the easter weekend.
i am just platinum. No ambassador status. I booked a deluxe room and was upgraded to a corner room.
Late check-out till 2pm granted.
This property is nothing exceptional. The fitness center is good for the gym. The swimming pool is too narrow even if 15m long. Better for a bath than to swim.

It is anyway a good choice. walking distance to downtown and old town as well.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Internet or Club Access for Ambassadors on Award?

I doubt the IC Montreal offers either free internet or Club Access for Ambassadors on an award (Chase Visa cert) stay but thought I'd ask.

I have a last minute stay later this week but also have the option of a free night at the Marriott Chateau (where I do get free lounge & internet).

Both free nights expire in Sept & right now I have no better plans for either free night cert.

appreciate any input
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences? Going there for a weekend, end of January. Is the lounge open on weekends?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Volpotor
Any recent experiences? Going there for a weekend, end of January. Is the lounge open on weekends?
Yes and Yes.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by Volpotor
Great location I found and the Club Lounge is a big plus for those with access...free wine/beer was enjoyable and the food is a little better than average. Even if you don't book a Club room but want to access the Club after the fact they used to allow you to buy it for $30 ea but check with the front desk as it wasn't published anywhere....$30 sees like a lot but it replaces other costs for breakfast/light dinner/drink etc. When we were there last Feb they had staff shortages ( layoffs due to low bookings ) so the Club was closed Sunday and they gave coupons for free breakfast in the restaurant for Club guests.

You can walk up town from the IC in the underground transit tunnels "but" since they pass through various buildings they are not all opened we found and its a bit of a hike in the winter up hill to uptown but old Montreal is an easy walk. Next time I cab from the IC to uptown.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Even if you don't book a Club room but want to access the Club after the fact they used to allow you to buy it for $30 ea but check with the front desk as it wasn't published anywhere....$30 sees like a lot but it replaces other costs for breakfast/light dinner/drink etc. When we were there last Feb they had staff shortages ( layoffs due to low bookings ) so the Club was closed Sunday and they gave coupons for free breakfast in the restaurant for Club guests.
I was there late November. The hotel was busy and the lounge was open on the weekend. The staff does a rotation from Concierge desk to lounge manager, every few days it seems. I expected the hotel would be hit by the NHL lockout, but that didn't seem to be the case when I was there. And RA's automatically get Club access. No fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.