'Ambassador Accelerator' promo: 20k points for every 15 IC nights?

Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
'Ambassador Accelerator' promo: 20k points for every 15 IC nights?

I've had an 'Ambassador Accelerator' promo (20k points for every 15 nights at an IC) listed under 'my offer status' since 2009. It says its valid until 12/2013 with no limit to points earned, but I've never been an Ambassador so never received any points.

But at the end of March I'm heading down to Tampa for a few months and I see an IC there that is very affordable, so I'm considering signing up for Ambassador and staying there. With the double points in April and an extra 40k from this promo it would be a very lucrative stay.

On the other hand I'd hate to pay for Ambassador and then find out that for whatever reason I won't get anything from this promo. Can anyone confirm success with this promo and that it is really unlimited?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:02 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

It is indeed an unlimited 20k for every 15 qualifying nights at ICs only - I can't see why it wouldn't work if you had registered before joining Ambassador, although I did it the other way round.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
.. and signing for Ambassador is certainly worth the small amount of money anyway if you actually plan to stay for longer at an IC ...

Live is not only about points!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
You may have initially got the promo through a promo code. Same happened to the Mrs ... she had the Accelerator showing in her offers but was never an Ambassador so I just put it down to a code she must have registered.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Thanks for the info. I think I'll sign up for Ambassador and try this out.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:48 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.656 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/143)

Originally Posted by srodr
Thanks for the info. I think I'll sign up for Ambassador and try this out.
Yep you should. I'm at 240000 and counting...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by srodr
I've had an 'Ambassador Accelerator' promo (20k points for every 15 nights at an IC) listed under 'my offer status' since 2009. It says its valid until 12/2013 with no limit to points earned, but I've never been an Ambassador so never received any points.

But at the end of March I'm heading down to Tampa for a few months and I see an IC there that is very affordable, so I'm considering signing up for Ambassador and staying there. With the double points in April and an extra 40k from this promo it would be a very lucrative stay.

On the other hand I'd hate to pay for Ambassador and then find out that for whatever reason I won't get anything from this promo. Can anyone confirm success with this promo and that it is really unlimited?
And don't forget that as an Ambassador you will be entitled to an UG!

But I should warn you that the Tampa IC is not the chain's finest property.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.656 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/143)

Yep you should. I'm at 240000 and counting...
320,000 and counting
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:26 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Don't forget all the nice extra's you will receive: room upgrade, 4pm check out etc. . You'll also receive a free weekend night certificate
and a bonus of 5000 points (or 15.000 points when you pay extra) with the Ambassadorkit.

However the kit takes a few weeks to arrive. When you want to use the voucher as well, maybe it's best to contact the Ambassadordesk
or the hotel about this.

Last edited by B42; Mar 11, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.