Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:18 am   #1
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Posts: 857
Flash Sale replacing last minute?

Cannot help but think the current flash sale is replacing the last minute rewards idea, I like it, better window for bookings rather than it being next weekend!

http://www.priorityclub.com/onedaysale
markis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:24 am   #2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Idaho
Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Posts: 697
that is really cool, thanks
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:57 am   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MSP/PVG/SFO
Programs: DL KM, HH Diamond, IC Amb, Hyatt Diamond, NA EE
Posts: 14,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
that is really cool, thanks
+1, and I don't think and hope it doesn't replace LMR.
mnredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 2:11 am   #4
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: A3, CX, Hhonors, IHG, QF, SQ
Posts: 1,066
I think this is the response from IHG to other chains holding flash sales?
tycosiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 5:54 am   #5
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Posts: 942
Announceme​nt: One Day Sale

Options
. . ..
02-22-201207:56 PM

Hi Everyone -

I'm excited to tell you about a new program that we're pilot-testing for the next several weeks! We're announcing it here first to give Priority Club Connect members the opportunity to participate first!



The new program is our new One Day Sale which will allow you to book reward nights starting at 50% off the normal price, and can go as high as 75% off. The sale includes 12 properties from around the world, with varying stay windows by property and are bookable through Mid-April. The one day sale begins on Thursday's at 12am EST and will continue for 24 hours.


To book/learn more, click here.

http://priorityclub.com/onedaysale?c...aysale_2.22.12

**Just to clarify, this program is not replacing our beloved Point Breaks!


Happy Travels!

Carolyn

Priority Club Connect Community Manager
view-with-a-room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:48 am   #6
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycosiao View Post
I think this is the response from IHG to other chains holding flash sales?
But as fas as I notice, the sales on other chains like Hyatt (quite regularly 48 hours sales) and the recent one at Hilton as well as Starpicks or beatthetimer over at SPG are rate sales, meaning you have to buy a room using cash and therefore earning points (sometimes a cheap way to buy hotel nights).

IHG is "selling" awards nights. I am not sure, if this will be a "response" - it is in my eyes not an apples to apples comparison but a different approach. I would prefer a real rate sale and not this kind of award sale.
FLYGVA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 8:29 am   #7
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: A3, CX, Hhonors, IHG, QF, SQ
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYGVA View Post
But as fas as I notice, the sales on other chains like Hyatt (quite regularly 48 hours sales) and the recent one at Hilton as well as Starpicks or beatthetimer over at SPG are rate sales, meaning you have to buy a room using cash and therefore earning points (sometimes a cheap way to buy hotel nights).

IHG is "selling" awards nights. I am not sure, if this will be a "response" - it is in my eyes not an apples to apples comparison but a different approach. I would prefer a real rate sale and not this kind of award sale.
Yes, you are right. This is an sale of awards. Well, more choices are definitely welcomed..
tycosiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 8:57 am   #8
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Posts: 55
Not Replacing Last Minute Reward Nights

Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn
IHGRewardsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 11:12 am   #9
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
That's good news.

Carolyn - do you know what happened to the 'in hotel awards' section on priority club, as it has disappeared. There was an option to order a voucher for either breakfast (5000 points) dinner (10000) or an in house movie (4000). Are there any plans to reinstate them? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards View Post
Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn
lrb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 2:31 pm   #10
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb76 View Post
That's good news.

Carolyn - do you know what happened to the 'in hotel awards' section on priority club, as it has disappeared. There was an option to order a voucher for either breakfast (5000 points) dinner (10000) or an in house movie (4000). Are there any plans to reinstate them? Thank you.
No, at this time we don't have any plans to reinstate the In-Hotel Rewards program due to lack of use.

Carolyn
IHGRewardsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 4:12 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Usually in SAN, DCA, or Central Europe.
Programs: AA:EXP, DL:Gld. CCarlson/SPG:Gold; HH/MR:Silver; HY:Plt; ICH:Plt Amb.
Posts: 7,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards View Post
Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn
Is this one-day sale program going to occur often on a regular basis? Or at least include a larger number of properties being offered? They offered some good deals, but 12 properties out of how many thousands? However, my more important quesion is this: Does Pointsbreaks remain??? I love that one more than any other... in any program!!
Fanjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 4:42 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I hate my location and hope to flee from it soon.
Programs: Hyatt PL, PC PL/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
but 12 properties out of how many thousands?
4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
However, my more important quesion is this: Does Pointsbreaks remain???
Read 4 post up
olegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 12, 12:15 am   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MSP/PVG/SFO
Programs: DL KM, HH Diamond, IC Amb, Hyatt Diamond, NA EE
Posts: 14,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards View Post
Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn
Excellent, do not take away PB for sure.
mnredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 12, 3:20 am   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London and Zurich
Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Posts: 12,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards View Post
No, at this time we don't have any plans to reinstate the In-Hotel Rewards program due to lack of use.
Somebody had better tell Barclays who are still offering Full Hotel Breakfast for 5,000 PC points as part of their blurb for the UK Black Visa card.
https://www.online-card.co.uk/ihg/pa...ginCode=PD2802

Oh yes, also a night in any Staybridge Suites for 20,000 points , a night in any Hotel Indigo for 25,000 points and a night at the IC London for 40,000 points.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 12, 4:01 pm   #15
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KRK / ORD
Programs: UA 1K, BAEC Silver, IC RA, and more!
Posts: 10,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
+1, and I don't think and hope it doesn't replace LMR.
+1. If both stay around, that would be great!
__________________
jason8612 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:32 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.