Search

Flash Sale replacing last minute?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:18 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Flash Sale replacing last minute?

Cannot help but think the current flash sale is replacing the last minute rewards idea, I like it, better window for bookings rather than it being next weekend!

http://www.priorityclub.com/onedaysale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:24 am

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
that is really cool, thanks^
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger
that is really cool, thanks^
+1, and I don't think and hope it doesn't replace LMR.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I think this is the response from IHG to other chains holding flash sales?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Announceme​nt: One Day Sale

Options
. . ..
02-22-201207:56 PM

Hi Everyone -

I'm excited to tell you about a new program that we're pilot-testing for the next several weeks! We're announcing it here first to give Priority Club Connect members the opportunity to participate first!

The new program is our new One Day Sale which will allow you to book reward nights starting at 50% off the normal price, and can go as high as 75% off. The sale includes 12 properties from around the world, with varying stay windows by property and are bookable through Mid-April. The one day sale begins on Thursday's at 12am EST and will continue for 24 hours.

To book/learn more, click here.

http://priorityclub.com/onedaysale?c...aysale_2.22.12

**Just to clarify, this program is not replacing our beloved Point Breaks!

Happy Travels!

Carolyn

Priority Club Connect Community Manager
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:48 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by tycosiao
I think this is the response from IHG to other chains holding flash sales?
But as fas as I notice, the sales on other chains like Hyatt (quite regularly 48 hours sales) and the recent one at Hilton as well as Starpicks or beatthetimer over at SPG are rate sales, meaning you have to buy a room using cash and therefore earning points (sometimes a cheap way to buy hotel nights).

IHG is "selling" awards nights. I am not sure, if this will be a "response" - it is in my eyes not an apples to apples comparison but a different approach. I would prefer a real rate sale and not this kind of award sale.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
But as fas as I notice, the sales on other chains like Hyatt (quite regularly 48 hours sales) and the recent one at Hilton as well as Starpicks or beatthetimer over at SPG are rate sales, meaning you have to buy a room using cash and therefore earning points (sometimes a cheap way to buy hotel nights).

IHG is "selling" awards nights. I am not sure, if this will be a "response" - it is in my eyes not an apples to apples comparison but a different approach. I would prefer a real rate sale and not this kind of award sale.
Yes, you are right. This is an sale of awards. Well, more choices are definitely welcomed..
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:57 am
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Not Replacing Last Minute Reward Nights

Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:12 am

That's good news.

Carolyn - do you know what happened to the 'in hotel awards' section on priority club, as it has disappeared. There was an option to order a voucher for either breakfast (5000 points) dinner (10000) or an in house movie (4000). Are there any plans to reinstate them? Thank you.

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Originally Posted by lrb76
That's good news.

Carolyn - do you know what happened to the 'in hotel awards' section on priority club, as it has disappeared. There was an option to order a voucher for either breakfast (5000 points) dinner (10000) or an in house movie (4000). Are there any plans to reinstate them? Thank you.
No, at this time we don't have any plans to reinstate the In-Hotel Rewards program due to lack of use.

Carolyn
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Hi Everyone -

Carolyn
Is this one-day sale program going to occur often on a regular basis? Or at least include a larger number of properties being offered? They offered some good deals, but 12 properties out of how many thousands? However, my more important quesion is this: Does Pointsbreaks remain??? I love that one more than any other... in any program!!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by Fanjet
but 12 properties out of how many thousands?
4+

Originally Posted by Fanjet
However, my more important quesion is this: Does Pointsbreaks remain???
Read 4 post up ^^^
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hi Everyone -

Carolyn
^ Excellent, do not take away PB for sure.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
No, at this time we don't have any plans to reinstate the In-Hotel Rewards program due to lack of use.
Somebody had better tell Barclays who are still offering Full Hotel Breakfast for 5,000 PC points as part of their blurb for the UK Black Visa card.
https://www.online-card.co.uk/ihg/pa...ginCode=PD2802

Oh yes, also a night in any Staybridge Suites for 20,000 points , a night in any Hotel Indigo for 25,000 points and a night at the IC London for 40,000 points.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 4:01 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by mnredfox
+1, and I don't think and hope it doesn't replace LMR.
+1. If both stay around, that would be great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.