FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Flash Sale replacing last minute? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1317143-flash-sale-replacing-last-minute.html)

markis10 Feb 23, 2012 12:18 am

Flash Sale replacing last minute?

Cannot help but think the current flash sale is replacing the last minute rewards idea, I like it, better window for bookings rather than it being next weekend!

http://www.priorityclub.com/onedaysale

SiberianTiger Feb 23, 2012 12:24 am

that is really cool, thanks^

mnredfox Feb 23, 2012 12:57 am

Originally Posted by SiberianTiger (Post 18066647)
that is really cool, thanks^

+1, and I don't think and hope it doesn't replace LMR.

tycosiao Feb 23, 2012 2:11 am

I think this is the response from IHG to other chains holding flash sales?

view-with-a-room Feb 23, 2012 5:54 am

Announceme​nt: One Day Sale

Options
. . ..
02-22-201207:56 PM

Hi Everyone -

I'm excited to tell you about a new program that we're pilot-testing for the next several weeks! We're announcing it here first to give Priority Club Connect members the opportunity to participate first!

The new program is our new One Day Sale which will allow you to book reward nights starting at 50% off the normal price, and can go as high as 75% off. The sale includes 12 properties from around the world, with varying stay windows by property and are bookable through Mid-April. The one day sale begins on Thursday's at 12am EST and will continue for 24 hours.

To book/learn more, click here.

http://priorityclub.com/onedaysale?c...aysale_2.22.12

**Just to clarify, this program is not replacing our beloved Point Breaks!

Happy Travels!

Carolyn

Priority Club Connect Community Manager

FLYGVA Feb 23, 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 18066884)
I think this is the response from IHG to other chains holding flash sales?

But as fas as I notice, the sales on other chains like Hyatt (quite regularly 48 hours sales) and the recent one at Hilton as well as Starpicks or beatthetimer over at SPG are rate sales, meaning you have to buy a room using cash and therefore earning points (sometimes a cheap way to buy hotel nights).

IHG is "selling" awards nights. I am not sure, if this will be a "response" - it is in my eyes not an apples to apples comparison but a different approach. I would prefer a real rate sale and not this kind of award sale.

tycosiao Feb 23, 2012 8:29 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 18067664)
But as fas as I notice, the sales on other chains like Hyatt (quite regularly 48 hours sales) and the recent one at Hilton as well as Starpicks or beatthetimer over at SPG are rate sales, meaning you have to buy a room using cash and therefore earning points (sometimes a cheap way to buy hotel nights).

IHG is "selling" awards nights. I am not sure, if this will be a "response" - it is in my eyes not an apples to apples comparison but a different approach. I would prefer a real rate sale and not this kind of award sale.

Yes, you are right. This is an sale of awards. Well, more choices are definitely welcomed..

IHGRewardsClub Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am

Not Replacing Last Minute Reward Nights

Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn

lrb76 Feb 23, 2012 11:12 am

That's good news.

Carolyn - do you know what happened to the 'in hotel awards' section on priority club, as it has disappeared. There was an option to order a voucher for either breakfast (5000 points) dinner (10000) or an in house movie (4000). Are there any plans to reinstate them? Thank you.

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards (Post 18068363)
Hi Everyone -
Happy to see that you guys have taken a look at our new pilot program "One Day Sale".

I wanted to let you know that this program will not be replacing any of our existing programs including Last Minute Reward Nights, or Point Breaks.

Carolyn

IHGRewardsClub Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by lrb76 (Post 18069144)
That's good news.

Carolyn - do you know what happened to the 'in hotel awards' section on priority club, as it has disappeared. There was an option to order a voucher for either breakfast (5000 points) dinner (10000) or an in house movie (4000). Are there any plans to reinstate them? Thank you.

No, at this time we don't have any plans to reinstate the In-Hotel Rewards program due to lack of use.

Carolyn

Fanjet Feb 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Everyone -

Carolyn

Is this one-day sale program going to occur often on a regular basis? Or at least include a larger number of properties being offered? They offered some good deals, but 12 properties out of how many thousands? However, my more important quesion is this: Does Pointsbreaks remain??? I love that one more than any other... in any program!!

olegator Feb 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 18070989)
but 12 properties out of how many thousands?

4+

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 18070989)
However, my more important quesion is this: Does Pointsbreaks remain???

Read 4 post up ^^^

mnredfox Feb 24, 2012 12:15 am

Hi Everyone -

Carolyn

^ Excellent, do not take away PB for sure.

Roger Feb 24, 2012 3:20 am

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards (Post 18070421)
No, at this time we don't have any plans to reinstate the In-Hotel Rewards program due to lack of use.

Somebody had better tell Barclays who are still offering Full Hotel Breakfast for 5,000 PC points as part of their blurb for the UK Black Visa card.
https://www.online-card.co.uk/ihg/pa...ginCode=PD2802

Oh yes, also a night in any Staybridge Suites for 20,000 points :D, a night in any Hotel Indigo for 25,000 points :D and a night at the IC London for 40,000 points. :D

jason8612 Feb 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 18066739)
+1, and I don't think and hope it doesn't replace LMR.

+1. If both stay around, that would be great!