Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I can also confirm that I had no mailing, didn't phone anyone, and just applied via the link in this thread, towards the end of Jan. I've just similarly seen the refund of the £99, even though the signup page made no mention of it.

So I assume I'll get the 40K points as well.

Good result, especially as I have a £5K bill to pay shortly and the vendor doesn't take Amex, which will give me another 10K points, and puts me on a path to get another free night at 10K spend.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:08 am

£99 credited back on the 26th, in advance of payment date of early March here.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
It's good to see that some FTers got their £99 refund in the first month (or at least in the same billing cycle).

Mrs Roger just checked her account and her refund was posted yesterday, about halfway through the second month, which is what we expected. It means that she is a small amount in credit, having tried to match £99 expenditure in the second month.

I still think it's a bit risky to rely on the credit appearing in the sme cycle to balance the initial fee. As always, YMMV.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tangey
I can also confirm that I had no mailing, didn't phone anyone, and just applied via the link in this thread, towards the end of Jan. I've just similarly seen the refund of the £99, even though the signup page made no mention of it.

So I assume I'll get the 40K points as well.

Good result ...
Yes, excellent!

Has anybody else had the same experience? Since earlier posters suggested that only recipients of the snailmail letter (which had the first year free offer) would benefit, I declined. However, since I don't have a decent points earning Visa card at the moment, I'm thinking about it.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aris123
You do get 25000 POINTS if an existing cc member and u/e to black card ^
Earlier posters in this thread said the bonus offer was available to completely new applicants or to existing cardholders who received the snailmail offer to upgrade.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, excellent!

Has anybody else had the same experience? Since earlier posters suggested that only recipients of the snailmail letter (which had the first year free offer) would benefit, I declined. However, since I don't have a decent points earning Visa card at the moment, I'm thinking about it.
Tangey's post was in response to mine on the previous page

If you read previous posts on this thread it's been suggested the link in the first post is valid for applications up to Feb 29th

So may be worth applying today
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blindman
Tangey's post was in response to mine on the previous page
How true.
So may be worth applying today
Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, excellent!

Note that someone in this thread stated that they were told that everyone would get the refund as long as they applied BEFORE THE END OF JANUARY (post #35)
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by tangey
Note that someone in this thread stated that they were told that everyone would get the refund as long as they applied BEFORE THE END OF JANUARY (post #35)
Post number 5 states the flyer with the offer of the £99 refund said 29th Feb

Post 35 phone call CS also said there was only 20,000 points when you upgraded.

Usual consistencey from PC then
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Anyone had the bonus points. I phoned today and was told it would take 6-8 weeks from 1st bill date I wanted to book a hotel (thats gone up 10000 per night) before the grace period ends on 18th March.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by blindman
Post number 5 states the flyer with the offer of the £99 refund said 29th Feb

Post 35 phone call CS also said there was only 20,000 points when you upgraded.

Usual consistencey from PC then
Jsut to confuse people even more...
I called the number at the back of the old card a couple of days ago, was told the fee will be refunded if you are invited to upgrade. My invite stated by 28th Feb

As regarding to the bonuse points..the CS told me that it all depends on the status with Priority Club...

If you have the Platinum status, you will get 25K as default, unless otherwise stated in their letter...

I guess we will just have to wait and see
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Do the bonus and spend points count towards status.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by xcalx
Do the bonus and spend points count towards status.
Yes
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Yes
thanks
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:09 am

I signed up right at the very end; Feb 28th. Still awaiting the card (pin received several days ago now), applied through the link via my email received; 40k and fee free for 1st year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.