Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
The only reason I can think of is that Barclaycard stopped issuing the card around the same time as the interchange cap came into force.

Could Barclaycard have said this isn't feasible and IHG have agreed to terminate the deal to issue card but they must see out the contract on the existing ones? I.E. Give the existing cardholders time to transition over to the new supplier rather than just cease which would probably hack people off.

If Barclaycard do try and change the card to a regular one there is always the option of the HH card with them rather than a standard card. Given how strict they were with people holding both that should no longer be an issue. They also gave me the option to swap it to the HH card when my card reached the EO last year.
Already have the Hhonors card and you may remember a conversation about the issues around getting a second card out of Barclays when I tried to upgrade my IHG card to the premium version.

I too dealt with the EO after following your advice, appeared to be getting somewhere until my application was submitted and then promptly rejected by their underwriters. They wouldn't give a reason and we hit an impasse.

When the Creation IHG card came along it solved that problem and then created another, when it became apparent that Creation were even worse than Barclays!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
From what I can gather getting the fee back out of Creation is like getting blood out of a stone.

They are however apparently quite good at doling out points as compensation that have been known to count as qualifying so it may be worth leaving them until January for the obvious reason.
I've not managed to get any points out of Creation, but I'm now up to £65 in goodwill payments from 3 complaints, with a couple more complaints still outstanding... Has been a lot more work than with equivalent Barclaycard issues though!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I've not managed to get any points out of Creation, but I'm now up to £65 in goodwill payments from 3 complaints, with a couple more complaints still outstanding... Has been a lot more work than with equivalent Barclaycard issues though!
Yes come the third complaint with Barclaycard you would be looking at £200. For all their faults they at least made complaining worthwhile.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Yes come the third complaint with Barclaycard you would be looking at £200. For all their faults they at least made complaining worthwhile.
+1

A steady little earner
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I personally have not had any issues with the Creation card, but as I have hit the £10k a few months ago it is back in the drawer and the Barclaycard IHG is back out!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Received a letter from Barclaycard today:

"We owe you some IHG Rewards Club points

We've realised that some of your transactions haven't automatically qualified for IHG Rewards Club points....

We're now going to add the points you should've received to your IHG Rewards Club points account...."

So, this explains the mystery points being posted, even though I have no idea how they came to the number. Nice bonus to have though!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by davidw70
Received a letter from Barclaycard today:

"We owe you some IHG Rewards Club points

We've realised that some of your transactions haven't automatically qualified for IHG Rewards Club points....

We're now going to add the points you should've received to your IHG Rewards Club points account...."

So, this explains the mystery points being posted, even though I have no idea how they came to the number. Nice bonus to have though!
I got the same letter yesterday, although I've not had any mystery points being credited to my IHG account yet.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Points were credited last week, no letter yet

The bonus points pushed me over to Platinum for next year....I know it isn't much but I'm only a leisure traveller so i'm more than happy
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
That explains it - I got some points posted which I couldn't work out what they were - hadn't spent on my Barclays card so couldn't fathom where they came from - free points I wasn't going to complain!!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:05 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I never get anything from barclays and I don't understand why everyone else seems to see them as a cash cow

Some months I get around a hundred IHG points more than I should because ebay/paypal is processed in luxembourg and counts as foreign spending despite being in GBP. But I'd rather have missing points errors and get ££ compensation

My wife's hilton card is even worse, numerous complaints only ever result in the exact amount of points missing being awarded (down to the first decimal place)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by :D!
I never get anything from barclays and I don't understand why everyone else seems to see them as a cash cow

Some months I get around a hundred IHG points more than I should because ebay/paypal is processed in luxembourg and counts as foreign spending despite being in GBP. But I'd rather have missing points errors and get ££ compensation

My wife's hilton card is even worse, numerous complaints only ever result in the exact amount of points missing being awarded (down to the first decimal place)
Tell them you think their continual errors are no longer acceptable and that you are wasting valuable time doing what they are supposed to do and that you feel you should be compensated for it.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:42 am

Are you speaking from experience?

Tell them you think their continual errors are no longer acceptable and that you are wasting valuable time doing what they are supposed to do and that you feel you should be compensated for it.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
I don't know what you're implying
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by :D!

All about how you say it...as already noted.

Always ask to escalate, and you usually get a UK-based 'manager' who understands far better what you would feel is reasonable recompense for the hassle endured.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
Haha are you kidding? - I'm expecting to see 'payments to chrism20' showing up on Barclaycard's financial statements for 2016

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.