IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by boonkoh
I've now put three IHG stays onto this credit card from Creation and none of them have triggered the bonus points. I have emailed them since the 2nd Sep and still no resolution. They stopped responding some time ago, after promising to credit the missing points within 10 working days.

I suspect they're having issues across all accounts to recognise IHG spend.

Total shambles.
Yeah same with me. I don't bother using it for ihg stays now, I use the barclaycard. This card will be cancelled as soon as I hit the 10k spend and have used my free night cert.

I know it's hardly the end of the world but it's one of the reasons I took the card, for the bonus points, and it isn't doing that for me. Poor show IMO
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Yeah same with me. I don't bother using it for ihg stays now, I use the barclaycard. This card will be cancelled as soon as I hit the 10k spend and have used my free night cert.

I know it's hardly the end of the world but it's one of the reasons I took the card, for the bonus points, and it isn't doing that for me. Poor show IMO
Free night is at anniversary so you'll need another fee year.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by steve1975l
Free night is at anniversary so you'll need another fee year.
Although if you don't spend on it after the year is up then you should be able to get the 2nd year fee refunded if only holding on for the free night cert from the 1st year to be received.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Last week I got statements from both Barclaycard and Creation, both missing points. Messaged both on Thursday. On Friday, Barclaycard rang up, made sure they'd understood the full issue, and promised I'd hear back in a few days. Today they rang back to say they'd identified what they'd done wrong, would be crediting the missing points shortly, and to offer a £50 statement credit as a goodwill gesture due to them getting the points wrong once again.

Creation, on the other hand, haven't responded even by email to my message last week, and have just written to me to say they'll be at least another 4 weeks looking into last month's complaint about the wrong points...
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Although if you don't spend on it after the year is up then you should be able to get the 2nd year fee refunded if only holding on for the free night cert from the 1st year to be received.
Worth a try I guess but I'm happy with the card especially the number of points I get so I'm keeping mine.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:22 pm

Worth a try I guess but I'm happy with the card especially the number of points I get so I'm keeping mine.
Ditto, but just for those that only wanted the free night cert at least it's (hopefully) an option
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the premium card recently? Since the bmi diamond club card has gone I'm looking for an amex backup visa/mastercard. This one seems to tick the boxes for me except for the shoddy customer experience. Also, does the card come with first name and surname printed on it or as first name initial followed by surname?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:03 am

Title Firstname Surname on mine, can't remember if you got to pick

Been fine for me but not had any IHG spend - they don't seem great at crediting extra points for that!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:33 am

Title, first name and surname on mine as well, I wasn't asked to pick.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:06 am

I have just had an Email from Creation to welcome me as a member to the club and details 2 points for every pound spend at IHG and abroad. I have the premium card not the free one, at least they got the bit about only 2 point per £1 at IHG right.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
I have just had an Email from Creation to welcome me as a member to the club and details 2 points for every pound spend at IHG and abroad. I have the premium card not the free one, at least they got the bit about only 2 point per £1 at IHG right.
Yep, me too, in the last few mins. Same as you, Plat achieved through getting the IHG Premium card. Had a similar note two weeks ago from them.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Same email as last month welcoming me as a "Gold" even though I have the premium card which qualifies me for platinum (I'm spire elite now anyway).

These morons really know how to wind you up!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
After the last incorrect email, I complained. Yesterday they credited me with a £5 statement credit in goodwill over the wrong email. This morning the muppets re-sent the same wrong email...

For anyone with the premium card who just got the basic email, do send in a complaint for your free fiver!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
After the last incorrect email, I complained. Yesterday they credited me with a £5 statement credit in goodwill over the wrong email. This morning the muppets re-sent the same wrong email...

For anyone with the premium card who just got the basic email, do send in a complaint for your free fiver!
Yes I complained by logging in and sending a message as it's a welcome Email and it's the wrong product. I can expect a reply in 5 working days.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Originally Posted by phunc
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the premium card recently? Since the bmi diamond club card has gone I'm looking for an amex backup visa/mastercard. This one seems to tick the boxes for me except for the shoddy customer experience. Also, does the card come with first name and surname printed on it or as first name initial followed by surname?
Just following up to my own question for those that need it.

I applied for the premium. Contacted customer services about something and had a verbal answer and email - so far so good. No problems at all with the application. Approved (also had SMS to say). PIN arrived. Card arrived yesterday. IHG status now platinum and the online account all seems easy to use. Haven't actually used the card nor got any bonus points yet...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.