Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:28 am

I'm just off the phone to Barclaycard Executive Office.

Apparently they have now identified the issue with some points not posting properly and are working on a fix and hope to start testing it over the next month or so. This should make things more reliable.

A tracker has also been proposed to be added although the lady I spoke with had not had confirmation as to whether this would be done but she did acknowledge that it would be extremely helpful.

I have also been provided with full confirmation of how the points are accrued and this is being sent to me in writing. Points are calculated on the whole spend and are to two decimal places.

For example if you stay at an IHG hotel and charge £136.36 to the card you accrue 545.44 points.

Then at the end of the month your points total is added together and only the total is rounded down. So if your total for the month is 2743.97 you receive 2743

It looks like they are now finally getting the issues sorted out.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks for the update, chrism20 - good to have a clearer understanding of the basis for calculation and glad to hear that a tracker may still appear. I trust they're paying you consulting fees for all the time you've spent with them trying to sort things out!!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:17 am

A new question: I took out the card on its relaunch Dec 14/Jan 15. I reached the £10,000 spending target during May and was waiting for my Free Night Certificate. When I phoned Customer Services they said I would get it on my anniversary date at the end of the year, but Raffles says this is wrong and it should take a few weeks from hitting the target.

What are people's experiences? Has anyone received their certificate and how long did it take? Does it come by post or appear on my IHG account?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Creen
A new question: I took out the card on its relaunch Dec 14/Jan 15. I reached the £10,000 spending target during May and was waiting for my Free Night Certificate. When I phoned Customer Services they said I would get it on my anniversary date at the end of the year, but Raffles says this is wrong and it should take a few weeks from hitting the target.

What are people's experiences? Has anyone received their certificate and how long did it take? Does it come by post or appear on my IHG account?
Mine is definitely a few weeks after achieving the 10k spend. So is my fathers.
I still have the emails from the 2013 and 2014 awarded.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:51 am

Definitely should have received it.

Send them a secure message again asking where it is and if you have no success ask for it to be escalated to the IHG leadership team who should be able to force it through.

It should appear in your IHG account and you will get an email telling you that it's there.

I keep a running total on a spreadsheet and there were twelve days between hitting the target and receiving the email

Last edited by chrism20; Jul 4, 2015 at 8:26 am
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
My search skills are failing me this morning - is there a thread for the UK Hilton Platinum Visa?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
My OH applied for the black premium card, but was sent the white card (half the points. no sign on bonus.) When we phoned to query, the bloke on the phone said you had so spend £10,000 before getting the black card. I knew this was cobblers so I asked to speak to his supervisor.
He said the black card was deemed 'not suitable' for some people. Frankly I find this idiotic, there's no more risk to them in issuing the premium card, we weren't asking for a higher credit limit.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
My OH applied for the black premium card, but was sent the white card (half the points. no sign on bonus.) When we phoned to query, the bloke on the phone said you had so spend £10,000 before getting the black card. I knew this was cobblers so I asked to speak to his supervisor.
He said the black card was deemed 'not suitable' for some people. Frankly I find this idiotic, there's no more risk to them in issuing the premium card, we weren't asking for a higher credit limit.
Call them back and tell them you find their responses to be rude and unacceptable.

Then tell them you want you want the matter escalated to the Customer Relationship Unit at Teesside.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
My search skills are failing me this morning - is there a thread for the UK Hilton Platinum Visa?
I'm sure there is but after a quick search all I could find were these ones

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...edit-card.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-sign-up.html
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20

I'd have thought your reply would have started "You might be better to ask in the Hilton threads rather than the IHG one "
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by whiskerxx
I'd have thought your reply would have started "You might be better to ask in the Hilton threads rather than the IHG one "
Nonsense I'm happy to help, however the tone of that other post meant I just couldn't resist it

If FD staff want to have a rant about elites I'm all for it but at least do it in the right place.

It's also almost four years to the day since the last post in that thread.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:09 am

Thanks!

I might ask here in relation to IHG and then apply to HH

If I got a new IHG account, could I ask Barclaycard to change that?

Or even better [due to opening a new card benefits], would they let me apply for the new card if I close the old one [balance has been cleared and card not used for months] - or would I have to wait 6/12 months after closing?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Thanks!

I might ask here in relation to IHG and then apply to HH

If I got a new IHG account, could I ask Barclaycard to change that?

Or even better [due to opening a new card benefits], would they let me apply for the new card if I close the old one [balance has been cleared and card not used for months] - or would I have to wait 6/12 months after closing?
You can hold several Barclaycard issued card at the one time - I have three (two work and one personal) but only one reward one, not sure if you can have two reward ones though.

Raffles would be your best bet for advice on applications tbh and best time duration to leave it between closure and reapplication. I've found his advice on things like that to be pretty much spot on.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:42 am

You can hold several Barclaycard issued card at the one time - I have three (two work and one personal) but only one reward one, not sure if you can have two reward ones though.

Raffles would be your best bet for advice on applications tbh and best time duration to leave it between closure and reapplication. I've found his advice on things like that to be pretty much spot on.
Thank you - will drop him a line.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Points seem to have accurately posted for me on recent visits and f&b spend and the bonus for it.

Hopefully they're sorting themselves out now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.