Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:51 pm

Question I need to unload my certificate

Rates are too expensive where I am for the BOGO offer (cheaper to buy a prepaid rate for the 2 nights if you can believe it and get 2 nights status recognized).

Are these certificates 'traceable' back to the user if sold? I do so see a 7 letter code on the back (and have seen them on auction sites) ..just wouldn't want someone to get pinged on checkin if it is validated.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
As I can read, certificate is personal only. But people trade them so there might be possibilities.

Is it possible to book a BOGO stay for my wife and a friend without me, or will it not work?
Have found a really good deal on BOGO rate.
Any body that have any ideas?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Does anyone know what the actual expiration of the BOGO certificate is? My current one says "Expires 10/2014". So is that 10/01/2014 or 10/31/21014?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Does anyone know what the actual expiration of the BOGO certificate is? My current one says "Expires 10/2014". So is that 10/01/2014 or 10/31/21014?

End of October.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hello,

I have a certificate and I would like to book two weekend nights for my parents anniversary.

I would like to know if there will be any problem with the reservation being under my name and they occupying the room... any strategies?

I can check in with them because the hotel is 30min away from my house...

Any experiences?

Thanks your help is much appreciated!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
No problem, just add them as guests on your reservation. Especially if you can be there in person to handle the check-in, it is no problems. Not saying it's allowed from T&C point of view though...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Hello,

I have a certificate and I would like to book two weekend nights for my parents anniversary.

I would like to know if there will be any problem with the reservation being under my name and they occupying the room... any strategies?

Any experiences?

I would never ever put people i care about, eg family in an awkward position, don't do this.

Bogo is for use by Amb member who must occupy the bogo'd room

If you want 2nights, pay for one night and use points for the second if you don't want to pay for both.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Hello,

Any experiences?

Why don't you just email the hotel and explain what you are planning to do? Then they know and cannot cause an unpleasant situation for your parents. You could ask if it is necessary that you are present when they check in. I had similar situations before (using my points for friends/family) and there was never an issue.
In case the hotel objects you then still have time to look for other options.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
Rate mismatch

So I have a 6 night stay coming up at the IC Times Square, which I booked quite a few weeks ago now.

I split the booking as I wanted to use my weekend night certificate i.e. Tues-Fri and Fri-Mon.

I normally stay at the Barclay and this is my first time at TS so wasn't sure of rooms etc so just went for a King Deluxe on both bookings and thought whatever upgrade (if any) I get after that will be all well and good.

Just checked earlier today and found I could get the much superior King Bed Sky View Corner for just $2 more than my original rate for the Tues-Fri part. So booked that.

However when I went to do the right thing and match up the room for the Fr-Mon I got the "No rooms exactly matching your preferences were found' message after following the intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend link.

I can however get the better room on a different rate for the Fri-Mon part (which wouldn't allow me to use my Certificate according to the 'rules') for only a few dollars in total more.

Do I match up the room rates and forgo my free night or do I stick with the original mismatched room types and hope the hotel look after me and let me stay in room for both bookings (or upgraded room)?

Any advice welcomed
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Blackjackburger
So I have a 6 night stay coming up at the IC Times Square, which I booked quite a few weeks ago now.

I split the booking as I wanted to use my weekend night certificate i.e. Tues-Fri and Fri-Mon.

I normally stay at the Barclay and this is my first time at TS so wasn't sure of rooms etc so just went for a King Deluxe on both bookings and thought whatever upgrade (if any) I get after that will be all well and good.

Just checked earlier today and found I could get the much superior King Bed Sky View Corner for just $2 more than my original rate for the Tues-Fri part. So booked that.

However when I went to do the right thing and match up the room for the Fr-Mon I got the "No rooms exactly matching your preferences were found' message after following the intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend link.

I can however get the better room on a different rate for the Fri-Mon part (which wouldn't allow me to use my Certificate according to the 'rules') for only a few dollars in total more.

Do I match up the room rates and forgo my free night or do I stick with the original mismatched room types and hope the hotel look after me and let me stay in room for both bookings (or upgraded room)?

Any advice welcomed
I had a similar situation happen at the IC Boston a couple of years ago. I called the IC Ambassador line and explained that my two separate reservations were for one uninterrupted stay. They contacted the hotel for me and when I arrived I was given the better room for my entire stay.

If you wait till you get to the hotel, you risk having to move mid-stay.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Bronze, PC Platinum Elite Ambassador, Marriot Rewards Gold Elite, Starwood PG, HH
Originally Posted by LAXGUY
I had a similar situation happen at the IC Boston a couple of years ago. I called the IC Ambassador line and explained that my two separate reservations were for one uninterrupted stay. They contacted the hotel for me and when I arrived I was given the better room for my entire stay.

If you wait till you get to the hotel, you risk having to move mid-stay.
Sound advice. I just rang the service centre and they advised to keep the two booking room mismatch so I can take advantage of the certificate, but have put a note on the booking requesting that the hotel keep the same room for the entire stay. However the guy did stress it was down to the hotel themselves to do this. Hopefully they may stick me in the upgraded Studio for the entire stay :-)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Why don't you just email the hotel and explain what you are planning to do? Then they know and cannot cause an unpleasant situation for your parents. You could ask if it is necessary that you are present when they check in. I had similar situations before (using my points for friends/family) and there was never an issue.
In case the hotel objects you then still have time to look for other options.
Thanks! I emailed the Manager at the hotel and she replied telling me that there was no problem and she made arrengments to have a nice room and a surprise gift waiting for them in the room...
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:07 am

Still at my stay at the IC Times Square and thought I would update..

They indeed did recognise my status and upgraded me into a Corner Studio for the entirety of my stay. For some reason my profile had defaulted to room on lower floor so we are on the 21st, but with glass on three sides of the room it gives for some great views up and down 8th Avenue and across to TS and the river. Weekend certificate was honoured and welcome gift, fruit and water in room. In fact we have had two bottles of water each day. Made to feel very welcome.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Originally Posted by Voucher
End of October.
OK, to pursue a little deeper, if BOGO will expire 11/2014, is it possible to pay for a room on 30th and get the free night for December 1st?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
OK, to pursue a little deeper, if BOGO will expire 11/2014, is it possible to pay for a room on 30th and get the free night for December 1st?
no.

30th Nov 2014 is a SUNDAY. bogo is good to get second night free on a Fri+ Sat or Sat+Sun stay. 1st December is a Monday ! so not possible

On some occasions you can use expirng BOGO certs like you asked, if 1st of Month month after bogo espiry, falls on a Saturday or Sundaay (or a Friday in Middle East where weekends are counted differently) eg
If your voucher was dated 10/2014 that could have worked , as 31st October= Friday so could have been used on 2night stay, friday 31st Ocober + Saturday 1st November with 1st November being the free night.

For 2015 it is possible for
Sun 1st Feb
Sun 1st March
Fri 1st May (in ME)
Sat 1st Aug
Sun 1st Nov

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 15, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.