Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:50 am

Lol:
Originally Posted by IHG BPG T&C
Updated on September 8, 2014
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:01 am

Still says 7 days here:

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/cus...rms-conditions

Which i got to just by going to IHG.com and clicking through to the BRG full terms and conditions.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:39 am

Updated in the "US" url:

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:37 pm

Anyone else noticing they became a lot more strict as from October?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
I got an approval yesterday on 1 October and they provide me this in the email :

As a reminder, please note the following:

1. The reservation is non-transferable and the name/s on the reservation must remain the same. The primary guest must be present during check-in.
2. This claim has been deemed valid for 2 Adults based on the reservation submitted to us. Please be advised that if the occupancy of the room exceeds the prescribed number the free night shall be forfeited.
3. Any changes to the reservation such as number of occupants, length of stay, dates of stay, type of room and such are not allowed and would mean the forfeiture of your free night.
4. A valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation for the free night to be honored. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date.
5. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.
6. Cancelling your reservation after a valid claim is awarded would mean the forfeiture of the free night and any applicable rate adjustment.

So it seems all their employees don't know the new rule ^^
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
So am looking at attempting a BRG for the Intercontinental Buenos Aires. Looking online there seem to be a number of sites which have a better price than IHG. Has anyone had experience with this one? The main kicker seems to be the room names not being 100% the same even though you know the room is identical!

Would be for a 2 night stay and have Platinum Ambassador.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:36 am

It is very simple: if you don't want to risk it, book only a refundable rate.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by travelislife
So am looking at attempting a BRG for the Intercontinental Buenos Aires. Looking online there seem to be a number of sites which have a better price than IHG. Has anyone had experience with this one? The main kicker seems to be the room names not being 100% the same even though you know the room is identical!

Would be for a 2 night stay and have Platinum Ambassador.
Your status or non-status with IHG should not affect negatively or positively on a BPG attempt. Although Empirical evidence seems to suggest those with several previous successful BPG claims have their claims treated more strictly

The room at hotel just needs to be the same as OTA is offering, just having OTA description say eg xxx room type with TV would not fail on matching IHG description that does not mention TV

Supposedly if same room even if description is different eg. OTA = Double Bed Exec versus IHG = King Bed Exec should be ok as long hotels Exec Room Doubles are all King Beds.
(Or if just one of IHG/OTA includes in description "sofa bed" and all hotel rooms of that type have said sofabed)

You should not risk eg Standard Exec against Double Exec. As a Standard Room booking means bed type of Double/2-singles is allocated by hotel at checkin
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:55 am

Well, I just got screwed by this guarantee. I foudn that ALL the sites were offering $155 dollars for the Holiday Inn Paris--Notre Dame for the dates I wanted to go. I quickly booked a room on IHG--using their more restrictive, nonrefundable rate, specifically because I didn't want them to say, "Well, you didn't book our lowest rate"--even though the hotels.com rate (which was the lowest, with fees, about $173) *was* refundable. Right before I booked the IHG, I said to my husband, "I shouldn't do this, right? Because they're going to screw us over?" and he said, "Of course they are."

And they did. They waited to check the rate, and it had zoomed up. So now I have an overpriced hotel room in Paris, when I could have gone a dozen other places for cheaper. I should have just booked the hotels.com rate, too. I didn't think of it.

Oh, and by the way, a screencapture is useless. They refuse to accept it as evidence.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Roothy99
Well, I just got screwed by this guarantee. I foudn that ALL the sites were offering $155 dollars for the Holiday Inn Paris--Notre Dame for the dates I wanted to go. I quickly booked a room on IHG--using their more restrictive, nonrefundable rate, specifically because I didn't want them to say, "Well, you didn't book our lowest rate"--even though the hotels.com rate (which was the lowest, with fees, about $173) *was* refundable. Right before I booked the IHG, I said to my husband, "I shouldn't do this, right? Because they're going to screw us over?" and he said, "Of course they are."

And they did. They waited to check the rate, and it had zoomed up. So now I have an overpriced hotel room in Paris, when I could have gone a dozen other places for cheaper. I should have just booked the hotels.com rate, too. I didn't think of it.

Oh, and by the way, a screencapture is useless. They refuse to accept it as evidence.
That's why you should never book an AP rate unless you were planning to pay that amount and stay there anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett
That's why you should never book an AP rate unless you were planning to pay that amount and stay there anyway.
Sometimes you just have no choice if you are eager scoring a free night. Obviously it always depends on the property and the rates but as tougher the property and the excuses the more keen I am on a free night

btw: Any recent experiences if the IC Times Square adjusts the rate or will I get a reimbursement afterwards? I don't want an adjustment due to the accelerate bonus.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:49 pm

I am looking for valid OTA sites for South Africa in Rand. I am willing to exchange for Euro or RUB sites. Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:12 pm

Hi,

I am looking to visit NY and SF in the upcoming month. Any one care to share some websites? Would be willing to trade them for Asia hotels
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:47 pm

I got my first succesful claim 2 days ago.

Any idea when the price in my reservation will be adjusted or won't it be adjusted at all?
Just to not rely only on 1 mail
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by daruda
I got my first succesful claim 2 days ago.

Any idea when the price in my reservation will be adjusted or won't it be adjusted at all?
Just to not rely only on 1 mail
It depends on the hotel. Hopefully it won't be adjusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.