Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:14 pm

1st question
what does this mean? in the brg terms regarding japan hotels
6. d. Japan. In Japan and on the ANAIHG website, the room price does include extra person fees. ANA hotels are not eligible for Best Price Guarantee rooms, but all other IHG hotels, including ANAIHG hotels, on the ANAIHG website are eligible.
This means that you can't claim any "ANA only" Hotel, as they are not eligible for a BRG. However you could claim any IC ANA; CP ANA or whatever on the IHG homepage (or on www.anaihghotels.co.jp).
Before someone tries to argue: I claimed successfully an IC ANA in Japan 4 days ago, so it is definitely possible.

Also I haven't such problems with the brg desk and finding sites (for central europe). Maybe it strongly depends on the region where you search. Are these problems more or less only with US stays or can anyone confirm this for europe also?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:54 pm

List of booking site by currency?

Anyone know if any of the bloggers or someone has a really good and big list of booking sites by currency? Could be very helpful with IHG
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Enough
I got the following response. Anybody have experience with this? Usually a good sign?

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are still researching the room accommodation you found on XXXXXXXXX. Once this has been verified and all Terms and Conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office.

We appreciate your patience and will contact you via email when this has been confirmed.

Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program, you may visit http://www.ihg.com/bestprice.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:14 pm

Well, neither good nor bad. It just means that they still don`t find your rate, but keep searching. Some members in the german BRG thread said, it was the last mail they got from ihg for a specific claim. In my cases I always got another mail some days later, sometimes positive, sometimes negative.
Imo you should see this not as a negative sign, because your claim is not rejected.
You will have a slightly different message usually when you use sites in japanese or chinese, saying that they need time to translate it.
So to sum it up: Don't worry.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

It means the rate has been found and they are probably verifying with the ota about cancellation policy or billing currency
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:10 am

7-Day gap rule

How is the 7-day gap rule between making claims at the same hotel count? For instance, if I have a successful BRG claim at a hotel for check-in 1 April and check-out 2 April, am I allowed to make another claim at the same hotel for check in 8 April to check-out 9 April?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
7days / 50miles

Originally Posted by druck
How is the 7-day gap rule between making claims at the same hotel count? For instance, if I have a successful BRG claim at a hotel for check-in 1 April and check-out 2 April, am I allowed to make another claim at the same hotel for check in 8 April to check-out 9 April?
Yes you can. And within that same 7day period you can also get other claims approved, but only if the hotels are more than 50miles from eachother... however, finding valid rates en also getting them approved will be a tough challenge these days!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by druck
The 7night rule applies to checkin day as it reads like you are asking if you checkin on a Monday afternoon stay the night leaving Tuesday then which is first night 7days later you can brg the same city or hotel within 50miles

Answer is eg you can brg to checkin following Monday night having had brg the previous Monday night
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
This used to be so easy!

I'm glad I checked here, because I found what I thought would be a claim, but the hotel is in Japan and the competing site bills in USD.

This is going to be tedious...
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:38 am

Best flex rate - no cancellation, no refund???

Perhaps this is common, so pardon my ignorance if that's the case, but it seems the IC Danang (Vietnam) is offering a best flex rate in the next week which can not be cancelled or refunded? I have never seen a best flex rate that couldn't be cancelled for free (6 PM day of check in)?

What about a BPG? I did find at least 3 OTA's offering a cheaper rate nd a free cancellation (24 hours before check in). I obviously would like to file a BPG but would need a regular best flex rate on IHG.

IHG is showing:

Best Flexible Rate & Deals Our Most Popular Rate Best Flexible Rate
‎ ‎$ 630.00 USD
Non-Refundable Rate
No deposit required
Most popular rate
View Rate Details
‎ $ 630.00 USD

‎ ‎$ 50.00 USD Add Breakfast (up to 2 guests)

Rate details:

Best Flexible Rate
$ 630.00 USD per room, per night
SERVICE CHARGE:
5.5% per night not included in rate effective 11 April, 2015 thru 13 April, 2015
Tax: 10% per night not included in rate effective 11 April, 2015 thru 13 April, 2015
3 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM
DESCRIPTION:
Take advantage of our best and least restrictive publicly available rate. Changes to your reservation are usually acceptable, but always check the hotel's cancellation policy before booking for cancellation fees that may apply depending upon arrival date and hotel selected.
PLEASE NOTE:
Thank you for making your reservation on our web site.
CANCELLATION POLICY:
Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for the entire stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

Is this common practice?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
@Epicura - I have never seen this either. Might be a feature of IC Resort properties?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Epicura
Perhaps this is common, so pardon my ignorance if that's the case, but it seems the IC Danang (Vietnam) is offering a best flex rate in the next week which can not be cancelled or refunded? I have never seen a best flex rate that couldn't be cancelled for free (6 PM day of check in)?

What about a BPG? I did find at least 3 OTA's offering a cheaper rate nd a free cancellation (24 hours before check in). I obviously would like to file a BPG but would need a regular best flex rate on IHG.

IHG is showing:

Best Flexible Rate & Deals Our Most Popular Rate Best Flexible Rate
‎ ‎$ 630.00 USD
Non-Refundable Rate
No deposit required
Most popular rate
View Rate Details
‎ $ 630.00 USD

‎ ‎$ 50.00 USD Add Breakfast (up to 2 guests)

Rate details:

Best Flexible Rate
$ 630.00 USD per room, per night
SERVICE CHARGE:
5.5% per night not included in rate effective 11 April, 2015 thru 13 April, 2015
Tax: 10% per night not included in rate effective 11 April, 2015 thru 13 April, 2015
3 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM
DESCRIPTION:
Take advantage of our best and least restrictive publicly available rate. Changes to your reservation are usually acceptable, but always check the hotel's cancellation policy before booking for cancellation fees that may apply depending upon arrival date and hotel selected.
PLEASE NOTE:
Thank you for making your reservation on our web site.
CANCELLATION POLICY:
Canceling your reservation or failing to show will result in a charge for the entire stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

Is this common practice?
Da Nang seems to have a standard one week (or so) cancellation policy. So a BRG could ostensibly be had just on the basis of the cancellation policy.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:48 am

@patgarrett
@Pseudo Nim

Thanks for your feedback! I have filed a claim, by emailing the BPG department. Could not file it via the regular form since I can not make a "real" best flex booking on IHG.

I will let you know the outcome.

Cheers!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura
I have filed a claim, by emailing the BPG department. Could not file it via the regular form since I can not make a "real" best flex booking on IHG.
This will not work.

You could have booked the cheapest available room and claim their BPG. Howsoever the risk is on you as a cancellation would not be free of charge and IHG's BPG desk sometimes comes up with ridiculous reasons for denying a valid claim.

This happens regularly though.
- often 1-3 days prior to arrival
- sometimes a few weeks prior to arrival (i.e. during the Octoberfest)
- sometimes their flex rate is not flexible at all (as in your case)

I have faced the same problem while looking for the IC Berlin during the Champions League final in June. Rate available was called "Best flexible" but would have been strict. I did not have the balls to risk >600 and used a free night instead.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: Enough
Weird situation, not sure if it's a problem. Got an email for successful BPG at IC Los Angeles. I was booked in the Deluxe Room, at $461 total. I haven't yet received the second email saying that the hotel has accepted the rate change.

Today I checked my IHG reservations. The IC LAX showed as modified. Clicked on it, and it still shows the $461 rate, however, the room type has changed to "ONE BEDROOM EXECUTIVE SUITE WITH BALCONY" from "Deluxe Room". That is a small upgrade on the Deluxe Room that I booked. I did not make this modification. So it seems like the hotel has upgraded me?

The concern obviously is that the modification is seen as one that invalidates the BPG. I'm not too concerned because (a) the rate has remained the same, and (b) I did not make the change.

Anybody have experience with this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.