Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by larapanget
before i submit a claim, if it's just a one night stay, does that mean that stay will essentially be free?
yes
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:24 am

Anyone received any response from BRG department these 2 days? I have submitted a claim on Sunday and still no response until now.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:49 am

14 hr responses last friday
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:40 am

It seems IHG is accepting more claims than a few months ago.

I'm curious if anyone has a tip when it comes to India. Expedia, Hotels and GetARoom all have slightly different cancellation deadlines for the refundable rooms. Who could help me out?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:54 am

32 hr response from a claim filed on tuesday
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
It seems IHG is accepting more claims than a few months ago.

I'm curious if anyone has a tip when it comes to India. Expedia, Hotels and GetARoom all have slightly different cancellation deadlines for the refundable rooms. Who could help me out?
Really? I'm still finding that the 3rd party rates mysteriously disappear after I send a claim in, and then it is declined.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by amit1978
Really? I'm still finding that the 3rd party rates mysteriously disappear after I send a claim in, and then it is declined.
for me success rate has been consistent for 2 years, with the odd blip probably due to response times.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
My last BRG was about 36 hours, denied due to them comparing it to Expedia even though I stated Hotelclub as my comparison site. The rates and cancellations were different. No kidding. And of course by then the rate is changed on HotelClub.

Surprise me IHG BRG department... send me back a recipe for BBQ short ribs next time, or a picture of a muffler. Taunt me a second time. I mean wth?? And it's not like I can argue with their random nonsense

ok, grumple off
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:48 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
You got an approved BRG claim for the IC Times Square using Amoma.com?
This shouldn't be possible. Amoma is a European site and charges in EUR.

Is it a change in policy...? Simply a one-time mistake?

Plus, I can only assume you used a prepaid rate (brave) since Amoma cancellation policy is usually nothing like what you can find on the IHG site.

Anyway, nice going!
Sorry for the delay response. Didn't want to jinx my BRG. Amoma rates were in US $ and the rate was not a pre-paid but rather a 24 hour cancellation. I visited Times Square NY. I had to pay and await reimbursement. My check arrived 12 days after checkout.

At one point I tried booking another property in my sisters name, and intended to cancel this res, but every claim I sent in took so long to get a response, and then the rates would suddenly jump and then - wait for it - claim denied. Overall the system seems very flawed or stacked, but still very grateful for my BRG night! The staff was fantastic and room was nice.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I got the reply below, it appears they have found a lower rate, but they are stalling in approving my claim.
I have never got such a reply. Either its been a rejection or approval. I will see whta happens. Has anyone else got such a reply ??
The cancellation period is better than IHG.

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental XXXXXi,X. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are still researching the room accommodation you found on www.XXXXXXX.com. Once this has been verified and all terms and conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by mgn2000
I got the reply below, it appears they have found a lower rate, but they are stalling in approving my claim.
I have never got such a reply. Either its been a rejection or approval. I will see whta happens. Has anyone else got such a reply ??
The cancellation period is better than IHG.

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding our Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the InterContinental XXXXXi,X. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are still researching the room accommodation you found on www.XXXXXXX.com. Once this has been verified and all terms and conditions have been met, you will receive confirmation from our office.
They sometimes do this, might be to do with room description or whether its full or a club breakfast etc. Not necessarily stalling but being thorough.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I put in a BRG 3 days back for a stay today and have not heard back from them. I will be staying regardless free or not but would rather cancel and book the cheaper room if they don't reply as I have until 4pm.

What happens when they don't reply?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I put in a BRG 3 days back for a stay today and have not heard back from them. I will be staying regardless free or not but would rather cancel and book the cheaper room if they don't reply as I have until 4pm.

What happens when they don't reply?
I think your claim has gone "missing", response times at the moment are around 30-36 hrs. So perhaps book the cheaper rate.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:49 am

Hi I have a question.
I booked 2 days in ihg hotel for 98euro +20euro for second person in room(room is for 2 people but i have to pay it anyway) so the sum is 118euro
On hotels.com i found the same room the same days for 105euros
but no mention for extra pay for 2 peoples, I;m sure it's included cause room is for 2 people, but what IHG will think about it ? will they reject my claim because there is no mentioned on hotels.com site about second person fee? off course it's included in hotels.com price.
What do you think?
Thanks

one more question: if the hotels.com has cancellation policy that I should cancel reservation 1 day earlier than on IHG site ,it counts to reject my calim?

Last edited by DavePL; Dec 28, 2014 at 11:09 am Reason: adding one more question
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:48 pm

one more question: if the hotels.com has cancellation policy that I should cancel reservation 1 day earlier than on IHG site ,it counts to reject my calim?
yes since its more restrictive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.