Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
OK
Big gamble

I've found a London hotel on a 3rd Party web-site that is cheaper (by Far!) than the IHG rate for New Years eve.

Their rate is in the £250+ and with VAT it's £300+[Non refundable]

3rd Party is £230+ inclusive.

Booked it and waiting for the outcome.

Anyone care to join me and make it a FT ICHG party?

Pm for details.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Please do post how you get one, NYE in London would be good
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Private Message for details as I don't want to jepordise anyones attempt if these posts are "spidered".
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by blindman
OK
Big gamble

I've found a London hotel on a 3rd Party web-site that is cheaper (by Far!) than the IHG rate for New Years eve.

Their rate is in the £250+ and with VAT it's £300+[Non refundable]

3rd Party is £230+ inclusive.

Booked it and waiting for the outcome.

Anyone care to join me and make it a FT ICHG party?

Pm for details.

Good luck Blindman! I know I would not have the stomach for booking a 300 pound non-refundable for NYE.

Thanks for the clarification on the earlier posts. Nevertheless, it appears that you were required to book the lowest rate wich happened to be non-refundable, whereas the agent had no problem with permitting quebec to book a refundable rate, even though it was not the lowest on IHG.com
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Thanks for the clarification on the earlier posts. Nevertheless, it appears that you were required to book the lowest rate wich happened to be non-refundable, whereas the agent had no problem with permitting quebec to book a refundable rate, even though it was not the lowest on IHG.com
But the lowest rate that included breakfast thus being equivalent to the rate on the competing website

And as I love quoting intelligent people:

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Overall I am happy with the application of the Ts&Cs but feel that there is still insufficient clarity with the condition that one must book the lowest rate on ihg.com and how the inclusion of breakfast alters this.I think that there will be a lot of inconsistency and differing experiences reported.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA and HH
I love it! After reading this thread, I just got a BRG in the FLL area for early next month, saving me about $100. I found it using Kayak and looking at the details on the rates, confirmed, called, and 10 minutes later they granted me a BRG. Thanks OP for pointing this out.^
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:57 pm

They are blindly denying Greater China claims. This is not going to last.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:04 pm

Thank you for your reply and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Please be informed that all hotels in Greater China are not covered by the Best Price Guarantee program.

Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...ate/lowtc.html

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Ouch... liars. What do people recommend?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Shimon
Ouch... liars. What do people recommend?
Reckon you got a clueless agent. Tell them that they're wrong. Greater China includes (usually) Macau and Hong Kong, I had success just now with a claim for the IC Hong Kong.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:30 pm

I did. That is actually the email I got after I told them.

Edit: I replied to him nicely. Lets hope he notices his mistake. He is going to have another look. Hope it goes through.

Edit 2: My ambassador status kicked in. Now I am being denied because I did not book the same room level!? Take screenshots of everything. Made another reservation as the price match is still available and email comparison shots for the agent.

Last edited by Shimon; Sep 22, 2011 at 3:40 pm
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
PS -- Goonerfish -- I don't know the particulars of your match -- was there a lower non-refundable rate on IHG.com?
IHG was best flex and and so was the 3rd party site. I did attempt a claim where the 3rd party site had a cheaper flex rate than IHG but was refused as there was a cheaper non refundable rate on IHG (Advance Purchase)

I think the only way to get any sort of reasuccess with this BRG is to look for hotels where the AP rate has dropped off. Once its only the best flex rate you will have more of a chance of finding a cheaper rate elsewhere.

Also had an amended confirmation to say that my CP St James night is complimentary INCLUDING any applicable taxes...so thankfully that seems to have cleared itself up now.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by blindman
What was the 3rd Party comparison site that had lower rates?

I need a cheap night in London
have Pm'd you
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:51 am

Looking for BRG's in Asia

PM me if anyone wishes to share BRG finds in Asia. I'll be travelling all throughout the area during 2012, and maybe some of the dates that work for me will work for others and vice-versa. Thus far, I haven't found any, but I think it's only a matter of time.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goonerfish

IHG was best flex and and so was the 3rd party site. I did attempt a claim where the 3rd party site had a cheaper flex rate than IHG but was refused as there was a cheaper non refundable rate on IHG (Advance Purchase)

I think the only way to get any sort of success with this BRG is to look for hotels where the AP rate has dropped off. Once its only the best flex rate you will have more of a chance of finding a cheaper rate elsewhere.

Also had an amended confirmation to say that my CP St James night is complimentary INCLUDING any applicable taxes...so thankfully that seems to have cleared itself up now.
Thanks, Goonerfish!

Coupled with Quebec's advice to look for comparing breakfast rates that might be refundable even if there is a lower non-refundbale room only rate on IHG, the other avenue as others above have stated is to look at rates for other than standard rooms -- such as a suite or a room with a sofa, as well.

Look forward to trying this guarantee in the future!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
This makes it useless to me too. I rarely book non-refundable rates so an offer that requires booking the lowest rate regardless of whether it is refundable or not makes it useless.
Same here. Since IHG uses the Advance Purchase rate as the base to compare, this renders the BRG useless to me because we very rarely book non-refundable.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 22, 2011 at 10:12 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.