Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wow, got mine in just in time!

I really don't see why this new condition was necessary...
To prevent people from doing staycations
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
EDIT: please delete mod.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:07 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
Do you know what difference between 'book early & save -advance purchase' and 'smart saver'? THey are both non- refundable. I found a lower rate in competitor website is lower than 'smart saver' but 'advance purchase'. Can I book the smart saver and file the brg? THanks
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GIJ
Do you know what difference between 'book early & save -advance purchase' and 'smart saver'? THey are both non- refundable. I found a lower rate in competitor website is lower than 'smart saver' but 'advance purchase'. Can I book the smart saver and file the brg? THanks
If the Advanced Purchase rate is lower than Smart Saver, then that would be the basis for comparison.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by GIJ
Did you mean the rate is lower then smart saver but not the advanced rate?
Both are non refundable and you would should compare against the lowest of the two to avoid being denied.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Has anybody recently had a successfull BRG with getaroom.com? I noticed that getaroom.com now states under every IHG hotel you search for "Exclusive Membership" rate - as getaroom doesn't even have any membership option that I'm aware of I'm intrigued if IHG has made them put that up in order to deny claims on the basis that the rate requires membership.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:03 am

Mrs Dannyrado has a successful BRG in for a night in a holiday Inn with my daughter. I now need to travel too. Am I allowed to have a pop at a BRG? The terms are a little ambiguous, in that it says nothing about same night, same hotel...

"Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date. If members of the same household make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored."

We would like interconnecting rooms... Is that a step too far?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
My BRG for the IC westminster for the end of this month has failed to adjust to comp. I've just received an email (unprompted by me) from the BRG dept, basically saying it'll be paid retrospectively by IHG. Strange one, in that we know the this IC does do comps, as there have been recent reports. Perhaps it is dependant on the 3rd party site that is being used to compare. I can't think what other determining factor it could be. The interesting thing is, I've done several BRGs since it was launched. This is the first one that when telling me on the phone that my claim was successful, the agent was at pains to point out that they may fulfil the guarantee by retrospectively sending payment. It was as if he knew that there was going to be an issue with my particular claim, even though it was valid.

Yes am aware I may or may not get the full re-imbursement, and I may or may not get points/keep points. the points one would be interesting, as it would trigger a range of bonuses. anyhow, I'll update as and when.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Mrs Dannyrado has a successful BRG in for a night in a holiday Inn with my daughter. I now need to travel too. Am I allowed to have a pop at a BRG? The terms are a little ambiguous, in that it says nothing about same night, same hotel...

"Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date. If members of the same household make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored."

We would like interconnecting rooms... Is that a step too far?
The current T&C say

"Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. "

On a different topic, I see that the T&C date has changed to 08/01/13.
Only change I can see is that the word "online" has been added to the term 7. headline sentence
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/cust...rms-conditions

Last edited by tangey; Aug 5, 2013 at 9:30 am
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by tangey
The current T&C say

"Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. "

On a different topic, I see that the T&C date has changed to 08/01/13.
Only change I can see is that the word "online" has been added to the term 7. headline sentence
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/cust...rms-conditions
Laughable. The wording that I quoted in blue was copied and pasted from the confirmation of comp email dated 04/08/13.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:06 am

My BRG for the IC westminster for the end of this month has failed to adjust to comp. I've just received an email (unprompted by me) from the BRG dept, basically saying it'll be paid retrospectively by IHG. Strange one, in that we know the this IC does do comps, as there have been recent reports. Perhaps it is dependant on the 3rd party site that is being used to compare. I can't think what other determining factor it could be. The interesting thing is, I've done several BRGs since it was launched. This is the first one that when telling me on the phone that my claim was successful, the agent was at pains to point out that they may fulfil the guarantee by retrospectively sending payment. It was as if he knew that there was going to be an issue with my particular claim, even though it was valid.

Yes am aware I may or may not get the full re-imbursement, and I may or may not get points/keep points. the points one would be interesting, as it would trigger a range of bonuses. anyhow, I'll update as and when.
Does it quote " Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night " or along the lines of?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Does it quote " Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night " or along the lines of?
Yes, thats the one, and of course at the time of accepting the claim the agent did suggest they might have to pay directly due to a "technical difficulty".
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:33 am

Yes, thats the one, and of course at the time of accepting the claim the agent did suggest they might have to pay directly due to a "technical difficulty".
I think I had the same thing two weeks ago, the rate wasn't adjusted but on checking in , it was noted as a BRG and I wasn't charged.

I have another this week with the same scenario so will report back.

EDIT: That was for PL
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I think with email (no phone line) to push a BRG through, ringing up BRG line as soon as IHG reserved, on ADR compares, the hotels being matched will all now be charging our Credit Cards before BRG is processed.

Maybe we now need to request new higher limits on or CC's to support our BRG's ?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:12 pm

Will this fly?

Let's say IHG has a rate of $100 for a room and another site shows the same room for $88 as the final payable - BUT shows the rate on its site as $100 less $12 discount = $88.

The discount is offered to one and all and is openly displayed on the website.

Is a BRG claim likely to be valid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.