Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rusell
It's not standard...only Holiday Inn Express its standard to get breakfast.

How is that HI anyway, I'm about to book there.
The rooms are nicely renovated. The water pressure in the shower is really low and it is 800m away from the nearest public transport.

The scrambled egg had the consistency of a sponge. Breakfast was in total OK.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
The rooms are nicely renovated. The water pressure in the shower is really low and it is 800m away from the nearest public transport.

The scrambled egg had the consistency of a sponge. Breakfast was in total OK.
Thanks for that, I booked a high floor.
Old May 27, 2013, 1:23 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
So I investigated a little bit and it seems that our Pinoy friends work in 12 hour shifts. I wonder, has anybody figured out when the shift changeover is?
Old May 27, 2013, 1:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
So I investigated a little bit and it seems that our Pinoy friends work in 12 hour shifts. I wonder, has anybody figured out when the shift changeover is?
Sorry, I am a bit of a noob - why does this make a difference? Simply a question of being tired and letting something that otherwise shouldn't work, slip?
Old May 27, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Sorry, I am a bit of a noob - why does this make a difference? Simply a question of being tired and letting something that otherwise shouldn't work, slip?
hmm but don't forget the hotel can always "recheck" it and deny if that was the case...
Old May 27, 2013, 1:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mitpat474
hmm but don't forget the hotel can always "recheck" it and deny if that was the case...
Right, exactly what I thought.

I've had a good amount of success with some international properties, so in all cases except one I made absolutely certain that I had a bulletproof case (one was truly shaky and I'm surprised it got approved). After all, more so than the eventual retro-check, it takes about 30-45 minutes per call - so if I don't have a good case, it's a complete waste of time

Anyone seen any sites that undercut the IC SFO btw? Trying to find this one, but having no luck at all, and tried quite a few places.
Old May 28, 2013, 4:04 am

Hello everyone,

asking for advice of experienced FTs

There is a lower rate on kayak.com and I can book it there, but there is also a note that booking is on travelocity via kayak. At the same time the rate directly on travelocity is the same as a hotel's rate.

I was denied because of travelocity showing the same rate and kayak can not be used for comparison since it is only searching engine.

In case anyone has such experience, please advise if it is mentioned anywhere in their T&C that kayak can not be used as a competitive site, no matter that a rate is bookable there

thanks
Old May 28, 2013, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by NovaTV
Hello everyone,

asking for advice of experienced FTs

There is a lower rate on kayak.com and I can book it there, but there is also a note that booking is on travelocity via kayak. At the same time the rate directly on travelocity is the same as a hotel's rate.

I was denied because of travelocity showing the same rate and kayak can not be used for comparison since it is only searching engine.

In case anyone has such experience, please advise if it is mentioned anywhere in their T&C that kayak can not be used as a competitive site, no matter that a rate is bookable there

thanks
Well "kayak" isn't the one who is providing you with the lower rate, travelocity.
I know exactly what you mean and a site called hotelpronto does similar things. Bottom line is they denied your claim rightly so.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:25 am

You are right that kayak does not provide a lower rate, but I wonder if it makes any difference who does as long as a lower rate is publicly available, viewable and bookable....
Old May 28, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NovaTV
You are right that kayak does not provide a lower rate, but I wonder if it makes any difference who does as long as a lower rate is publicly available, viewable and bookable....
But, are you booking it on Kayak or T-city?
Old May 28, 2013, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
As far as I am aware kayak is like trivago a search engine, its a comparison site which portals you through to last minute, expedia etc.
Old May 28, 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
It seems quite tricky... I actually don't know.. ))
I am booking on kayak, but there is a note 'booking on travelocity via kayak'.
Going directly to travelocity I have a higher rate
Old May 28, 2013, 7:41 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
While we're on the topic of these comparison portals, are there any that people here recommend other than Kayak or HotelsCombined? These two seem to work best for me, but if there are others to try, I'd be interested.
Old May 28, 2013, 8:33 am

wego.com - trivago.com - and room77.com are all useful as well...
Old May 28, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Have a confirmed approval for a BRG on May 14, but 2 weeks later, the hotel has still not adjusted the rate. Have contacted BRG desk via email, and the response has been "We are still waiting for hotel’s confirmation and unfortunately, we are in the process of getting hold of the manager authorized to adjust the reservation."

- Does this happen frequently?

- Also, BRG says "In the event that the hotel was not able to amend your reservation prior to your arrival, please know that we will proceed with reimbursement." How does IHG handle these reimbursements? I pay in full at the hotel, and then what do I do?

Thanks...

Last edited by Miami305; May 28, 2013 at 9:19 am Reason: Clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.