Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old May 24, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by no2chem
how do you get blacklisted anyway? more than 10 claims/month? only brg claims and no paid stays? are you blacklisted?
I don't think I'm blacklisted since I got my last claim back in March - I haven't done any lately since I don't need a room and I'm horrified by some stories here at this thread. I have never experienced them invoking my guarantee once it has been approved. However I don't want to risk anything since there are more and more stories about them invoke the claim just before or after someone has checked in.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
May I submit a claim for the postpaid club room on the IHG site (370 $ + 65 $ taxes) against a postpaid club room on a 3rd party website (393.93 $ + 65 $ taxes)?

And do I better submit the online form or the phone call?
Doesn't matter, it will be denied anyway, as your 3rd party rate is higher than IHG.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:47 am

I checked in for my BRG Stay in the Holiday Inn Munich and got told, that I have Breakfast included, but I didn't chose a rate with Breakfast ? Is this standard?
Old May 25, 2013, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
I checked in for my BRG Stay in the Holiday Inn Munich and got told, that I have Breakfast included, but I didn't chose a rate with Breakfast ? Is this standard?
Are you a priority club member? they often upgrade. I got bumped to a club floor in the CP Times Square despite being a lowly blue member.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Are you a priority club member? they often upgrade. I got bumped to a club floor in the CP Times Square despite being a lowly blue member.
I am a lowly blue member ...
Old May 25, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
It's not standard...only Holiday Inn Express its standard to get breakfast.

How is that HI anyway, I'm about to book there.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:58 am

I am a lowly blue member ...
They are probably demoing how good the club access is so you work hard to get a higher status
Old May 25, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
You mean they'd upgrade you if you're a Priority Club member even if it's a BRG reservation?
Old May 25, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Quarantine
You mean they'd upgrade you if you're a Priority Club member even if it's a BRG reservation?
I would certainly not COUNT on it, but it happened twice to me on the last three BRGs.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Quarantine
I'm a Plat, and I got a lot of upgrades when staying at PC hotels on BRGs - to be honest, more than my paid stays at Marriott (we are Gold and Plat with Marriott).
Old May 25, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
BRGs are treated like normal Stays regarding Upgrades. They are actually even better than AwardStays regarding this, especially at ICs as an RA. MiniBar is excluded for AwardStays at many properties as well as Upgrade Restrictions or Club Access restriction.
Old May 25, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
That's interesting - My last 2 stays have had no ambassador upgrade because the hotel has said it is a 'BRG' reservation
Old May 25, 2013, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by peachy3
That's interesting - My last 2 stays have had no ambassador upgrade because the hotel has said it is a 'BRG' reservation
Not my experience. Upgrade, fruit, offer of late checkout and movie were all part of my 2 BRG stays at each I.C. in Toronto as an Ambassador.

One stay was 2 nights. Received the 2 night 2500 point stay 2 bonus.
Old May 26, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
I have on each occasion prior to checking into a BRG reservation emailed regarding upgrades and most have stated a BRG is not different to a paid stay. Hotel indigo in Earls court told me they wouldn't upgrade me and I had to get the BRG team to correspond with the hotel to advise them this was not the case. After a few emails they accepted it would be treated as a paid stay. I assume this was possibly the case with this particular hotel as they are fairly new to the chain and unaware how to treat a BRG stay.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I have quite a good upgrade record on paid stays, so far no upgrades at all on BRG stays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.