Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 11:29 pm

Nope...

Originally Posted by bbcbbc2012
I am still a newbie to this BRG game. Can someone advise if I notice a clear price difference for a room type which is not cheapest shown on IHG website, i.e. suites or club rooms vs standard rooms, would that still be a valid claim? Cheers.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I am still a newbie to this BRG game. Can someone advise if I notice a clear price difference for a room type which is not cheapest shown on IHG website, i.e. suites or club rooms vs standard rooms, would that still be a valid claim? Cheers.
Club room on 3d party site v club room on IHG site = ok
club room on 3d party site v standard on IHG = not ok, even if the club room is cheaper elsewhere

You can get a club room, suite, breakfast package, whatever - but it has to match the type and terms of the IHG room.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HH D, IHG PA
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. I was always under the impression that only the cheapest room type available on IHG website can be used to file against BRG claims. Clearly I was wrong.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yet in your original post you say the IHG rate was in USD, and for our convenience you translated the third-party INR rate into USD. It gets more confusing

"the rate on ihg.com was $350 & i found a rate on an indian booking site for inr 17,290....that roughly translates to about $312....more than a 10% difference in the rates...."
not for your convenience....for the convenience of the brg folks....re-read the post....

the ihg rate was originally in inr....i always check rates in usd because i use my chase priority club visa to pay so i converted the inr rate to usd....

the rate on the indian site was in inr....

for the convenience of the brg folks i sent in both rates in usd (i realise now that was a mistake)....they replied saying that the currencies for both sites was different (not true since both were in inr & had the ability to convert to usd)....they further said that since the indian site did not display the currency is euros (i still can't figure out how this is relevant) therefore the claim is denied....
Old May 23, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
If they are both pay-at-hotel rates, then it shouldn't be a problem - you can just choose the matching currency and write a note that both rates are pay-at-hotel rates.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. I was always under the impression that only the cheapest room type available on IHG website can be used to file against BRG claims. Clearly I was wrong.
Nope, and that's where the real fun begins - finding cheaper presidential suites Too bad very few sites actually OFFER their premium suites and hence much harder to find a cheaper rate, but oh well.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Note however you are supposed to match the cheapest rate for a particular room type. So if you find a cancellable rate on a 3rd party site cheaper than the cancellable rate on IHG, but there is a adv pur rate on the IHG site that is cheaper again, the rules say that the BRG will fail. I am not sure if this rule is being invoked recently ?
Old May 23, 2013, 3:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tangey
Note however you are supposed to match the cheapest rate for a particular room type. So if you find a cancellable rate on a 3rd party site cheaper than the cancellable rate on IHG, but there is a adv pur rate on the IHG site that is cheaper again, the rules say that the BRG will fail. I am not sure if this rule is being invoked recently ?
No, not in my experience. Same rate only.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:59 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
No, not in my experience. Same rate only.
Agreed with Pseudo Nim - Perfect example - I just got a BRG approved for a cancelable rate on IHG and a cheaper cancelable rate on booking.com - so just make sure the room types match and the cancellation policies match, and you're all set. And be careful, because some competing websites might say "Free Cancellation" (meaning no fees to cancel), but are non-refundable. These are NOT a valid match with IHG's Flexible Rates. Also not a valid match with flex rates is a rate on a competing website where you have to prepay, even if it is fully cancelable and refundable.

Last edited by lo2e; May 23, 2013 at 4:05 am
Old May 23, 2013, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
not for your convenience....for the convenience of the brg folks....re-read the post....

the ihg rate was originally in inr....i always check rates in usd because i use my chase priority club visa to pay so i converted the inr rate to usd....

the rate on the indian site was in inr....

for the convenience of the brg folks i sent in both rates in usd (i realise now that was a mistake)....they replied saying that the currencies for both sites was different (not true since both were in inr & had the ability to convert to usd)....they further said that since the indian site did not display the currency is euros (i still can't figure out how this is relevant) therefore the claim is denied....
Did you call it in yet? What did they say?
Old May 23, 2013, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
It depends on the Agent and your record - if you are blacklisted I don't think you'll get it through or they might invoke it later.
Old May 23, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Did you call it in yet? What did they say?
the lower rate was no longer available on the indian site when i checked again but i sent in another claim yesterday....still haven't received a response but its likely going to be denied now....
Old May 23, 2013, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Newby question

Originally Posted by olegator
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...e/lowguar.html

snippet:

Example of a resolution to a valid Best Price Guarantee claim:

A guest books a two night stay at the lowest available price through the Best Available Rate search for a hotel in Atlanta, GA, (USA) on an IHG site for a price of $200.00.

Within 24 hours, that same guest finds a price of $190.00 on a competing Web site for the same hotel, same night, with the same rate restrictions(refundable or non-refundable) and same room type (same number and type of bed(s)).

The guest contacts IHG to claim the Best Price Guarantee either by phone or by filling out the online form.

Once the Guest Relations team confirms that the Best Price Guarantee claim filed is valid, they will modify the guest’s reservation with the first night free and the second night at $190.00.

A short question about the IHG BRG. Do I need to book the lowest priced room or can I compare just any room against any room?

If there is a prepaid standard room, a prepaid club room and a postpaid club room: May I submit a claim for the postpaid club room on the IHG site (370 $ + 65 $ taxes) against a postpaid club room on a 3rd party website (393.93 $ + 65 $ taxes)?

And do I better submit the online form or the phone call?
Old May 23, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
A short question about the IHG BRG. Do I need to book the lowest priced room or can I compare just any room against any room?

If there is a prepaid standard room, a prepaid club room and a postpaid club room: May I submit a claim for the postpaid club room on the IHG site (370 $ + 65 $ taxes) against a postpaid club room on a 3rd party website (393.93 $ + 65 $ taxes)?

And do I better submit the online form or the phone call?
Yes you can do so.

I've had good experience with both.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by nacho
It depends on the Agent and your record - if you are blacklisted I don't think you'll get it through or they might invoke it later.
how do you get blacklisted anyway? more than 10 claims/month? only brg claims and no paid stays? are you blacklisted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.