Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 5:21 am

I just made a sucessful BRG via telephone for the "Holiday Inn Munich" for May. I am now waiting for the rate adjustment. How long is this going to take ?
Old May 7, 2013, 8:38 am

Hi all,

Do you know what country the BRG desk is in? I am seeing very different rates on my competing website (venere) compared to them, and I am guessing that venere adjusts rates by IP. Very frustrating, but if I knew the country I could verify this theory.

Thanks.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:44 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Hi all,

Do you know what country the BRG desk is in? I am seeing very different rates on my competing website (venere) compared to them, and I am guessing that venere adjusts rates by IP. Very frustrating, but if I knew the country I could verify this theory.

Thanks.
The call center is in the Philippines.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:46 am

Has anyone have more success in booking on a certain day of the week? I know that you should book it app a week in advance ive heard that there is a certain day better then others?
Old May 7, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
The call center is in the Philippines.

Shift timings are 4am - noon - 8pm local time I believe
Old May 7, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Check vs Wire

Received a wire payment a few days ago. Seems my bill on the CC was more expensive due to the credit card fees. Direct conversion seemed to be the correct amount.
Is this what you guys are getting as well? Percentage wise it's small, but otherwise it's about $40 difference.

I once requested for USD check and that turned out more favorable. Perhaps also because of favorable exchange rates but it seemed IHG factored in a bit more to cover a few % of the exchange rate fees.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Had the strangest response yet to a claim this morning

Thank you for contacting the Best Price Guarantee Support of IHG.. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your claim.

We would like to inform you that there are requirements in order for you to submit your claim which we have listed below for your reference.

You must have a reservation with a valid confirmation number booked on any.IHG website.

You must contact our department within 24 hours upon booking the reservation online and provide us the web site address where you have found the lower rate. Publicly available rates only (sample exclusions: membership rates, coupons, promotion codes, negotiated, group or conference rates).

Your.IHG.booking should be made with the lowest room rate using the Best Available rate preference.

Room types must be comparable. All inclusions should be the same. It should be for the same IHG hotel (same address/name), same number of guests and same travel dates.

Please check for rate restrictions. When you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website.

The third party web site.where the lower rate was found should have the same booking process like.IHG. It should provide an immediate confirmation of the booking. The lower rate claimed should be publicly bookable at the time of our verification.

Both the average nightly room price and the total room cost should be lower than the room price on.IHG.

The minimum difference between the two prices must be 1% or $1, whichever is higher, in order to account for variances with currency conversions on non-IHG websites..This means we get 1% of IHG’s lowest Best Available rate and compare it with the difference between the rate on IHG site and non-IHG site..Example:..Lowest Best Available rate on IHG: GBP 102.00 --> 1% is GBP 1.02 (or 1.61 USD),.Difference between IHG and TPI: GBP 2.00 (or 3.15 USD), claim meets the criteria since difference is more than 1% of IHG’s rate..We'll do the same computation for the total room cost.

The third party web site should show the currency of the hotel. Payment should be made in the same currency of the hotel.

The credit card should be approved upon hotel’s attempt to charge a valid claim with a prepaid rate.

A guest or his household members are not allowed to file for a claim for consecutive nights for the same hotel or hotels within fifty (50) miles in radius, regardless of separate confirmation numbers for each night.

One free night will be given to the guest per stay and for connecting reservations made by the guest or his.household members.at IHG hotels within 50 miles of each other. The reservation should remain unchanged once the claim qualified. Primary guest is required to present a valid government ID upon arrival.

For a complete list of the Terms and Conditions of the guarantee, may we suggest for you to visit.www.ihg.com

We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

no denial no acceptance in fact no feedback at all!

Have replied asking for some!
Old May 8, 2013, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by lsed
Check vs Wire

Received a wire payment a few days ago. Seems my bill on the CC was more expensive due to the credit card fees. Direct conversion seemed to be the correct amount.
Is this what you guys are getting as well? Percentage wise it's small, but otherwise it's about $40 difference.

I once requested for USD check and that turned out more favorable. Perhaps also because of favorable exchange rates but it seemed IHG factored in a bit more to cover a few % of the exchange rate fees.
Yes and No. I have received cheques which is practically useless to me (my bank doesn't accept USD cheques - and to be honest if they do there will be a big fee for it). Mr. and I worked out the rate and it was still LESS than what I paid to my CC.

When they wired $ to my account they didn't include fee so I got less $ and now IHG owes me a total of EUR 120 for all the BRGs.

That's why I don't advise anyone to get reimbursements because of my experience. I also know that some FTers have trouble getting $ back from IHG.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Had the strangest response yet to a claim this morning

Thank you for contacting the Best Price Guarantee Support of IHG.. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your claim.

We would like to inform you that there are requirements in order for you to submit your claim which we have listed below for your reference.

You must have a reservation with a valid confirmation number booked on any.IHG website.

You must contact our department within 24 hours upon booking the reservation online and provide us the web site address where you have found the lower rate. Publicly available rates only (sample exclusions: membership rates, coupons, promotion codes, negotiated, group or conference rates).

Your.IHG.booking should be made with the lowest room rate using the Best Available rate preference.

Room types must be comparable. All inclusions should be the same. It should be for the same IHG hotel (same address/name), same number of guests and same travel dates.

Please check for rate restrictions. When you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website.

The third party web site.where the lower rate was found should have the same booking process like.IHG. It should provide an immediate confirmation of the booking. The lower rate claimed should be publicly bookable at the time of our verification.

Both the average nightly room price and the total room cost should be lower than the room price on.IHG.

The minimum difference between the two prices must be 1% or $1, whichever is higher, in order to account for variances with currency conversions on non-IHG websites..This means we get 1% of IHG’s lowest Best Available rate and compare it with the difference between the rate on IHG site and non-IHG site..Example:..Lowest Best Available rate on IHG: GBP 102.00 --> 1% is GBP 1.02 (or 1.61 USD),.Difference between IHG and TPI: GBP 2.00 (or 3.15 USD), claim meets the criteria since difference is more than 1% of IHG’s rate..We'll do the same computation for the total room cost.

The third party web site should show the currency of the hotel. Payment should be made in the same currency of the hotel.

The credit card should be approved upon hotel’s attempt to charge a valid claim with a prepaid rate.

A guest or his household members are not allowed to file for a claim for consecutive nights for the same hotel or hotels within fifty (50) miles in radius, regardless of separate confirmation numbers for each night.

One free night will be given to the guest per stay and for connecting reservations made by the guest or his.household members.at IHG hotels within 50 miles of each other. The reservation should remain unchanged once the claim qualified. Primary guest is required to present a valid government ID upon arrival.

For a complete list of the Terms and Conditions of the guarantee, may we suggest for you to visit.www.ihg.com

We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

no denial no acceptance in fact no feedback at all!

Have replied asking for some!
I assume that you have filled in the claim form correctly? If I were you I'll send in another claim form.
Old May 8, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
I assume that you have filled in the claim form correctly? If I were you I'll send in another claim form.
Hi thanks I have resubmitted, but I don't think it will fly as rate is only £1 less.

IC Park Lane BRG for this saturday may well be my first ever BRG defeat.

EDIT - what a surprise , all the prices on the 3rd party site have now gone up to £1 more than the IHG website. Strange coincidence!

Last edited by Geoggy; May 8, 2013 at 5:11 am
Old May 8, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Hi thanks I have resubmitted, but I don't think it will fly as rate is only £1 less.

IC Park Lane BRG for this saturday may well be my first ever BRG defeat.

EDIT - what a surprise , all the prices on the 3rd party site have now gone up to £1 more than the IHG website. Strange coincidence!

At £1 less you were likely to fall foul of the greater than 1% difference rule anyway.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Yes and No. I have received cheques which is practically useless to me (my bank doesn't accept USD cheques - and to be honest if they do there will be a big fee for it). Mr. and I worked out the rate and it was still LESS than what I paid to my CC.

When they wired $ to my account they didn't include fee so I got less $ and now IHG owes me a total of EUR 120 for all the BRGs.

That's why I don't advise anyone to get reimbursements because of my experience. I also know that some FTers have trouble getting $ back from IHG.

Thanks nacho,
USD checks are no problem for me as I have a US bank account and can deposit cheques via iPhone. Problem is I had one cheque that was above the limit for mobile deposits so I had to send them back to the US.

But once the cash is in my US bank account I can do an intra-bank transfer to any of my bank accounts in different countries with no fees (just 1+% exchange rate fee).

Technically, should IHG be liable for a few % difference when charged by your credit card company?

I'm fine with absorbing the difference as it was a free stay. I did spend about $100+ on food and drinks to give back to the hotel. But I'm wondering if I should press for it since the clause is for a free night and I ended up paying extra $40.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:45 am
ffj

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
BRG Check Reimbursement from IHG

When the BRG is fulfilled via a check from IHG, they say it will take 4-6 weeks. Any experience with the actual time? Am in the US. Also, how reliable is this process?
Old May 8, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Have you guys booked with a debit card before? If I book with a cancellable reservation and my BRG was approved, will my card be charged? (Say for a security deposit or anything like that.)
Old May 9, 2013, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Quarantine
Have you guys booked with a debit card before? If I book with a cancellable reservation and my BRG was approved, will my card be charged? (Say for a security deposit or anything like that.)
I always use a debit card, no worry So far, only IC Paris Le Grand block an amount after the claim is approved, make sure you have enough amount to be blocked if you're trying to BRG this hotel. Other hotels didn't do anything to my debit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.