Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Really thought I had read that they charge the original rate but I can't find it in this thread. Maybe it was a different chain's BRG?
They confirmed to me, that there will be no costs if I have to cancel a complimentary stay which was original booked with a non-refundable rate ^
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
BRG Terms changes again

New T&C to prevent people from hotel hopping:

Additional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date. If members of the same household make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now I'm worried about what is going to happen to the approved claims before the new T&C took effect.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:26 am

Now I'm worried about what is going to happen to the approved claims before the new T&C took effect.
Not that my opinion matters, but I'd rather know now what's going to happen, and cancel BRG claims if I must...than have to deal with credit card bills later on if IHG decides to renege on its promise to reimburse. After all, the claims were approved before the new T&Cs...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by macchiato
The consensus on this thread was that the second room should be booked by a different person under a separate reservation, with a separate BPG claim.
Qualifying my previous statement since the T&Cs were changed yesterday, as nacho pointed out. In case you need a second room, that room must now be reserved by someone from another household.

Also, T&C#2's definition of "lower price" was changed. BOTH the "total room cost", i.e., including taxes and fees, and the "room price" must be lower than the rates on the IHG website.

And IHG warns us all...T&C #13: " In the event IHG believes that a room eligible for the Best Price Guarantee has been resold, or the Best Price Guarantee is otherwise being intentionally abused or manipulated to circumvent its intent, we reserve the right to cancel the previously-awarded free room night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation, and to reject future Best Price Guarantee claims from any persons who participated in such actions." The last clause seems new to me...at least I don't remember reading that in the last version of the T&Cs. (could be wrong though)

Oh well...here's to more BRGs...50 miles apart.

Last edited by macchiato; Oct 23, 2012 at 4:13 am Reason: clarification
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have filed 2 claims an hour ago and let's see what happens.

I ought to be safe with my approved claims according to their T&C:

The IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee.
You are still fine if you do 1 night and stay the next night somewhere else and then come back to the hotel again. It's well within the T&C as long as you are the one staying.

Also why would I sell my room to someone else? I file a claim because I need a room.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macchiato
Not that my opinion matters, but I'd rather know now what's going to happen, and cancel BRG claims if I must...than have to deal with credit card bills later on if IHG decides to renege on its promise to reimburse. After all, the claims were approved before the new T&Cs...
Are you getting a cheque or bank transfer for reimbursement?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Is this new Policy for new BRG approvals ??
If previous BRG claims approved, will they be cancelled ??
I fall under the 50 mile radius category.
Same city but 4 different hotels. Will they deny this later ??
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgn2000
Is this new Policy for new BRG approvals ??
If previous BRG claims approved, will they be cancelled ??
I fall under the 50 mile radius category.
Same city but 4 different hotels. Will they deny this later ??
yes.
I don't think so.
They shouldn't do according to this:

The IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:48 am

I have filed 2 claims an hour ago and let's see what happens.

I ought to be safe with my approved claims according to their T&C:
I didn't notice that sentence when I read the new T&Cs a while ago. ("The IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee.") No need to contact them then, your previous BRG claims that were approved before the changes took effect should be honored (or reimbursed, whichever is applicable). ^
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I have only one reservation in my name and then the next day wife's name so no big deal for me. They can't just keep giving away free nights. My only issues I'm having is that some hotels don't want to play ball and its a pain in the *** chasing up advance purchases which have been approved.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:50 am

Are you getting a cheque or bank transfer for reimbursement?

Thanks in advance!
Bank transfer for a claim that was approved, and the stay completed, before the T&Cs were changed yesterday. So should be safe as well. ^
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I have only one reservation in my name and then the next day wife's name so no big deal for me.
Could be an issue for later claims/stays since you and your wife are from the same household. Unless she uses a different surname and has a different address on her PC account.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I have only one reservation in my name and then the next day wife's name so no big deal for me. They can't just keep giving away free nights. My only issues I'm having is that some hotels don't want to play ball and its a pain in the *** chasing up advance purchases which have been approved.
The trick is when you have your claim approved - as long as it's before Oct 22 then you are safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.