Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by djblamire
I should have asked here first

I'm now stuck with a non-refundable reservation, that I could have got cheaper under their 35% offer

I don't suppose anyone knows of any sites offering a cheaper price that I could claim against ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
Try searching around. If not, then you are SOL. You might be able to get out of it by calling the property. Have you tried changing your reservation into a flex rate then cancel it?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by nacho
Try searching around. If not, then you are SOL. You might be able to get out of it by calling the property. Have you tried changing your reservation into a flex rate then cancel it?
This has worked for me previously.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by kipper
This has worked for me previously.
Worked for me too....
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:18 am

I have not tried this way to cancel, but have heard of successful attempts.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368

I guess because the room types are not identical in description, they will disallow it, even though the standard room on the competitor website is cheaper than the cheapest room they have on IHG. Am I right in thinking this?
It is risky as they could deny you if one of the standard rooms don't have a sofa bed. I have been successful in getting such comparisons before but I wouldn't book a non-refundable rate to try.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shimon
It is risky as they could deny you if one of the standard rooms don't have a sofa bed. I have been successful in getting such comparisons before but I wouldn't book a non-refundable rate to try.
+1. Unless you can get proof saying that all rooms in that hotel has sofabed. Sometimes 3rd party sites use this to stop people to file BRG claims.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 1:38 am

+1. Unless you can get proof saying that all rooms in that hotel has sofabed. Sometimes 3rd party sites use this to stop people to file BRG claims.
It is not difficult to check if the hotel is in US. Just give the hotel a call at normal business hours and ask politely before reserving the room.

For hotels outside US, I am not sure if the question can be well answered. I tried once to ask IC Mauritius about the configuration of their rooms, but the hotel receptionists were completely unhelpful.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samwkchan
It is not difficult to check if the hotel is in US. Just give the hotel a call at normal business hours and ask politely before reserving the room.

For hotels outside US, I am not sure if the question can be well answered. I tried once to ask IC Mauritius about the configuration of their rooms, but the hotel receptionists were completely unhelpful.
The best to do might be to send them an e-mail. Also you can try to do a dummy booking, and they will tell you all kind of rooms they have.

And if all the rooms on IHG.com have sofabed, then do a screen dump and send it to BRG dept.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by robertwcook16
Worked for me too....
For me not. Made the same mistake, stuck with HI in NYC for $300, the hotel GM is extremely unsupportive.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iggyray
For me not. Made the same mistake, stuck with HI in NYC for $300, the hotel GM is extremely unsupportive.
I can't remember where in FT, that there is a site which offers people to sell their unwanted hotel non-refundable ressies.

If you really can't use it, it might be the way to go.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Help me out please, I'm a bit confused after reading this thread.

So if Crowne Plaza has:
100$ per night adv purchase room only
120$ per night adv purchase with breakfast

competitor (for the same room type)
80$ per night adv purchase room only
90$ per night adv purchase with breakfast

Will my claim be approved if I book 120$ room with breakfast (because "These package or inclusive prices must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items") or denied (because you have to book the lowest rate for the room type)?

(It was discussed last year in this thread and most people claimed that yes, you can book a rate with breakfast and get the claim approved, however is it still the case, anyone tried that lately? Want to be reasonably sure before booking advance purchase rate.)

Last edited by slowly; Jun 9, 2012 at 5:10 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by slowly
Help me out please, I'm a bit confused after reading this thread.

So if Crowne Plaza has:
100$ per night adv purchase room only
120$ per night adv purchase with breakfast

competitor (for the same room type)
80$ per night adv purchase room only
90$ per night adv purchase with breakfast

Will my claim be approved if I book 120$ room with breakfast (because "These package or inclusive prices must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items") or denied (because you have to book the lowest rate for the room type)?

(It was discussed last year in this thread and most people claimed that yes, you can book a rate with breakfast and get the claim approved, however is it still the case, anyone tried that lately? Want to be reasonably sure before booking advance purchase rate.)
Assuming all other conditions, namely same currency, same dates and many more, are satisfied, you should be OK because rooms with and without breakfast are classified as two room types.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a reminder - if you get a claim rejection for whatever reason, then you are stuck with the expensive IHG.com rate.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
OK, experts, another question – "The Guarantee does not include extra fees such as extra person charges, except as stated in paragraph 6.b. below."
Which of those does that mean:
  1. they will compare the rates ignoring the extra person charges
  2. if the claim is accepted, I will have to pay the extra person charge anyway
  3. BRG doesn't apply to rates with extra person charges at all?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:11 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by slowly
OK, experts, another question – "The Guarantee does not include extra fees such as extra person charges, except as stated in paragraph 6.b. below."
Which of those does that mean:
  1. they will compare the rates ignoring the extra person charges
  2. if the claim is accepted, I will have to pay the extra person charge anyway
  3. BRG doesn't apply to rates with extra person charges at all?
1) comes closest: they will compare the competitor's rate for 2 persons (or as many persons there may be on the reservation) with their rate for one person.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.