Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental The Venetian Master Thread (Las Vegas)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:58 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by iburkett
I also tried to use my ambassador status at the Venetian and it was not recognized. I do think that if they market the fact that they are a partner of IHG they should honor IHG status. With that said, it is a great resort and I had no complaints otherwise.
Originally Posted by ag51
[SIZE=1]This seems strange - did you book through an IHG website or direct with the hotel?
Did you use Invited Guest check-in?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Did you use Invited Guest check-in?
I tried to use invited guest checkin, but there was one person working who ignored me while dealing with a group of 6 guys who had many problems. With no line at the regular desk I went over which was likely my mistake.

I emailed both the hotel and Ambassador last night. Nothing yet from ambassador, but the Venetian guest services did call my room when I was out and left an apologetic message, but no offer to try to make up for it.

Canned response from ambassador. No real expression of concern. Just they've recorded my concern.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:58 am

Programs: ba miles
Just tried to book 5 nights for Oct 13th and PC says it is full, went direct to hotel website and there are rooms available

any ideas? hope they are not pulling out
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by chipsodg
Just tried to book 5 nights for Oct 13th and PC says it is full, went direct to hotel website and there are rooms available

any ideas? hope they are not pulling out
I can see availability for both hotels at $150 a night on pc.com.

There are also now more room types available (Prestige suites showing up in June, for example), and they seem to have made the room descriptions better.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Can I Use the BOGOF weekend voucher at any of these hotels if booked online using the designated website.

I have not checked but was just wondering.

Prices are otherwise pretty high.
Yes, you can. We booked a weekend.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Yes, you can. We booked a weekend.
This is new. It wasn't there when I booked a month back. Did you get one night free? Are the staff aware of this?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:53 pm

Hopefully more people will chime in about their experiences at this hotel. Seems like its hit or miss on if you get anything with ambassador, which worries me for using a BOGO here. If they don't give you anything for ambassador i doubt they would accept a coupon for a free night even if books through PC.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To close my loop. I received a very nice apology from the Venetian GM and I'm pleased.

In terms of the property, the public areas can only be improved by demolition, but the rooms are fabulous.

What a god-awful maze of tackiness!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BOGO availability is indeed new and it makes it a better deal than PL! Nice.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr
This is new. It wasn't there when I booked a month back. Did you get one night free? Are the staff aware of this?
Nothing really shows, the price just goes down magically after you click for reservation details.Not exactly by half. But two nights price close to the price of one.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Nothing really shows, the price just goes down magically after you click for reservation details.Not exactly by half. But two nights price close to the price of one.
Yeah I noticed that too.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone book a room using the IC link? I keep in getthing the following error at the last stage.

We are sorry, our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again or contact your nearest reservation office for assistance.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Any indication of whether they are fully honoring RA status with regard to room upgrades and or lounge access?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
Any indication of whether they are fully honoring RA status with regard to room upgrades and or lounge access?
A lot of info in this thread on that.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
Can anyone book a room using the IC link? I keep in getthing the following error at the last stage.
Worked for me a few weeks ago, although odd things were happening including a price change when I hit "book ".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.