Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Qualifications: 60 qualifying nights including 20 IC nights, minimum 3 different IC properties.

Are reward nights included in the count of qualifying nights?
No.

New discussion could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html
Print Wikipost

New RA qualifying criteria based on IC nights (July 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: IC RA, AA EXP
I'm in the same boat as anian2525. I dont see a countdown or any renewal in my account. I'm expiring May 31, I currently have 61 paid IHG stays, >50 @ 5 ICs. I have another 6 nights booked at IC: ANA in Tokyo, and a stay from May 27-Jun 1 at a HI in AMS.

Wondering why I didn't auto-renew, but I figure I'll delay my call until after the Tokyo stay.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by grompf
I'm in the same boat as anian2525. I dont see a countdown or any renewal in my account. I'm expiring May 31, I currently have 61 paid IHG stays, >50 @ 5 ICs. I have another 6 nights booked at IC: ANA in Tokyo, and a stay from May 27-Jun 1 at a HI in AMS.

Wondering why I didn't auto-renew, but I figure I'll delay my call until after the Tokyo stay.
Don't expect anything until the END of April.. I renewed end of February and my news came around the 29-31st of January...
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:10 am

Yeah even the US line can't give me an answer. Manually count it say I'm good but I have to wait till june 1 for anything to appear in my acct and that the goal is rolling and it isn't guaranteed. I can't believe the level of stupidity. Can someone confirm the US number I am supposed to be calling?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by anian2525
Yeah even the US line can't give me an answer. Manually count it say I'm good but I have to wait till june 1 for anything to appear in my acct and that the goal is rolling and it isn't guaranteed. I can't believe the level of stupidity. Can someone confirm the US number I am supposed to be calling?
They're probably saying the same about you. They are giving you accurate information. It's not guaranteed, it is a rolling "top 1%" (there are no set stays or nights criteria, although most here seem desperate to create some). If you're in the top 1% you may be extended an RA invitation, and you may not. You won't see anything until a month before expiry (1 May). My account showed Ambassador renewal on 1 April for a 1 May renewal.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
They're probably saying the same about you. They are giving you accurate information. It's not guaranteed, it is a rolling "top 1%" (there are no set stays or nights criteria, although most here seem desperate to create some). If you're in the top 1% you may be extended an RA invitation, and you may not. You won't see anything until a month before expiry (1 May). My account showed Ambassador renewal on 1 April for a 1 May renewal.
Sounds like we can expect a 30day count down for 2014 renewals, unlike 2013 haveing a 60day countdown ?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Sounds like we can expect a 30day count down for 2014 renewals, unlike 2013 haveing a 60day countdown ?
There was no countdown on my page. The activity records just showed "Ambassador Renewal 0 points" on 1 April.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
There was no countdown on my page. The activity records just showed "Ambassador Renewal 0 points" on 1 April.
Ahh, but you requalified so no coutdown for you, it is those RAs who do not requalify who see a countdown start up.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Has RA referral certificate been discontinued?
I'm about to renew my RA status but I've heard the RA kit doesn't include the certificate anymore. Any ideas?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by scienm
Has RA referral certificate been discontinued?
I'm about to renew my RA status but I've heard the RA kit doesn't include the certificate anymore. Any ideas?
only for referred RA's as i understand it, if you're an earnt RA you should be good with a certificate
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:42 am

I got a referral in my pack which I received in February (renewed RA). Referral still lying in my home office drawer without a nominee, mind...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:40 pm

Is there a different treatment for expiring RAs around the world?

I'm in Australia ( somewhere !), and my AMB anniversary is 30 April.

I've been RA (referred) for two years running, and have not had any form of 'count-down' on my Account page, as expiry draws near.

Both years, I got the so-called 'soft landing' from RA to Plat AMB. No 'points' voucher in Renewal Packs.

So, there seems to be a range of expectations and actual results from around the world ... but nothing 'standard' to go by ??
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
good i guess i got RA again, because my account also says "Ambassador Renewal 0 points" on 1 April.
I was going to call in and see if I made the RA list.
Wow i don't think i have nearly as many nights as most of you for RA, I guess its because i have been RA for so many years.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
No, that means you got soft landed to Ambassador I would think.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by why fly
good i guess i got RA again, because my account also says "Ambassador Renewal 0 points" on 1 April.
I was going to call in and see if I made the RA list.
Wow i don't think i have nearly as many nights as most of you for RA, I guess its because i have been RA for so many years.
the confirmation is up the top it says Royal Ambassador v Ambassador
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by johhenrik
No, that means you got soft landed to Ambassador I would think.
I would not think so. I had the same line and I am clearly RA with 100+ IC nights last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.