Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Thanks to the LAX-SIN MR deal for $640, I am now planning to go to Koh Samui at the end of May over Memorial Day Weekend. I hope we chose a good time to go and I will book the Ocean View Suite for a Beachfront for 2 of us (although if 4 of us go, it may make sense to ask what I can book to "upgrade" into the 2 bedroom). Alternatively, I hope to ask for Club Access for 4 instead of 2 or negotiate something similar if I flat out book the 2 bedroom.

Has anyone asked when the Club will open and what RA benefits (if any) will apply. I assume since I will be booking suites that Club will be included?

Thanks to anyone who can find out for me while they are there!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
CLub is under construction on beach, i think they said 4-6 weeks for opening

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Thanks to the LAX-SIN MR deal for $640, I am now planning to go to Koh Samui at the end of May over Memorial Day Weekend. I hope we chose a good time to go and I will book the Ocean View Suite for a Beachfront for 2 of us (although if 4 of us go, it may make sense to ask what I can book to "upgrade" into the 2 bedroom). Alternatively, I hope to ask for Club Access for 4 instead of 2 or negotiate something similar if I flat out book the 2 bedroom.

Has anyone asked when the Club will open and what RA benefits (if any) will apply. I assume since I will be booking suites that Club will be included?

Thanks to anyone who can find out for me while they are there!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:39 am

If anyone can get me pictures in or around the 2 bedroom villas and figure out what "shared" pool means....I would totally appreciate it. After I return I will do my duty and share photos and experiences as well.

I have booked a 2 bedroom villa for 6 people. On a corporate rate, extra person charges do not apply (at least on mine). Will try to compromise since we do not expect an upgrade but I will try to negotiate Club, or a discounted cost for Club.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
I'm a bit puzzled about the club. at the interconti website its not included in any rate description... how can it be booked or to whom is it / will it be offered?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by boekel
I'm a bit puzzled about the club. at the interconti website its not included in any rate description... how can it be booked or to whom is it / will it be offered?
It is not open yet...they said in 4-6 weeks per a previous poster.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
And once again this is what the GM wrote to me.

"Our Resort will open on the 01s of February and we will be normally and hopefully in a good shape, only the Spa will be temporarily but the rest of the Resort will be fully operating with hopefully high level of services.".....

I will have no understanding for anything with is part of the hotel not opperating. I cleary asked in my E-Mail about the beach and restaurant.

Well, anyway I'll see my rate is still flexibe!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador, Krisflyer

Baan Samui Resort

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Baan Samui Resort

14/7 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Koh Samui, TH

Baan Samui Resort (17 Photos)

Baan Samui Resort

I had a 6 day stay at the hotel in Feb. I arrived on the 2nd day of the hotel's opening and had a complementary Airport transfer as part of the package. I'm an RA and stayed at an Ocean View room which in my opinion has one of the best unobstructed views in the resort. I got the usual RA benefits such as free mini bar, fruit basket, etc.

Superb view, really one of the best I've seen. Esspecially on a clear day. Spectacular sunet

Main building and beach area are too separated. There are golf carts that can take you down. The link bridge cum walk way to the beach was not ready yet.

Resort still not fully completed, heard their official opening will be in June.

The villas on the cliff may have views obstructed by greenery or other villas

Room

comfortable beds, pillows and linen

Free mini bar for RA is somewhat limited, could have more variety

Dining

Breakfast buffet had good variety.

Restaurant was a bit pricey, but food was good

Cocktails by the air bar was great with the fantastic views of the sunset

Only one restaurant was open in the evening, their beach side restaurant is supposed to be opening anyday now

Amenities

Nice pool and beachside area, though pool could be bigger.

Free activities such as snorkeling & kayaking

Fast internet in the room. Pool and main building had WiFi as well, but depending on which area you were at. Some areas had weak signals

Service

Free Shuttle services to Chaweng beach and Nathon Town at about 10am, 1pm and 5pm. It's 45 min to Chaweng and 20 mins to Nathon.

Concierge was very helpful in booking my Ang Thong National Marine Park day trip direct from hotel. About 400 - 500 more expensive via the hotel

No RA gift

Overall

I had a great stay overall. Sure, there were some minor hiccups, but the property is brand new and the staff are just getting into the grove. Nothing that affected my experience.

The hotels website has since launched with their details on their club intercontinental benefits.

http://samui.intercontinental.com/

Baan Samui Resort

Would you like to write a review on the Baan Samui Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:51 am

The Club benefits look good...not sure if they will give club + upgrade benefit for RA's. I also found out there is a 3 bedroom villa, which didn't show up on reservations but brings up a question about upgrading from a 2 bedroom villa or beachfront villa; although if it is "specialty" I may have to work something out with the hotel. Club + 3 bedroom villa from a 2 bedroom is sounding mighty expensive now...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Amb, PC Spire, Turkish Elite, Lufthansa FTL, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
Congrat to you. I was informed at check-in that the transfer is free for RA. When I checked out (I had to wait 20 minutes as one guest was before me checking out) I heared (sorry for that) that he was offered the free transfer. When it came to my turn there were 2.400 thb on my bill for the transfer. I asked how it comes and the amount was deducted.
I just wrote to IC Samui and asked whether they could confirm free airport transfer for a coming stay and they stated that this would only be part of a package deal but not complimentary for RA (signed by "Reservation Supervisor"). Would be 2750BHT for up to seven people.

Did anybody hear anything different?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:16 pm

See below for correspondence regarding club. I am confirming if the costs are per person or for 2 people. The car transfer itself is worth 2750 thb per earlier post, but I will also ask if RA gets complimentary transfer...I'll keep you guys updated.

Greetings from InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort,

Thank you for your interest in our resort, I am pleased to inform about your enquiries about club Intercontinental. First of all, please be aware that a Royal Ambassador member is not included complimentary access to Club InterContinental. However, if you would like to upgrade to Club Intercontinental, please kind noted that it has an additional charge for 2,500.00+++ per night for 2Bedroom Panoramic View Villa and 3,500+++ per night for Beachfront Pool Villa. The benefits for Club Intercontinental are as follows:

Club InterContinental
• Full Butler Service
• Choice of Breakfast will be served at “Flames” A la Carte with buffet option
• A complimentary all day coffee, tea and juices throughout the resort from 8am to 11 pm
• A complimentary cocktail service will be served at “Air Bar” from 06:00pm – 08:00pm in a dedication outdoor lounge
• A Complimentary afternoon tea service available at Flames or Serene
• A complimentary Mini Bar (soft drink only) throughout stay
• A complimentary Airport transfer service by car
• Complimentary one hour Spa Treatment
• Complimentary pressing service on arrival or one day before departure
• Exclusive swimming pool for Club InterContinental
• Guaranteed reserved Sun Bed on the beach
• Once a week management cocktail invitation
• Buffet breakfast at Amber
• In room breakfast service

I hope this information meets with your satisfaction, Please kindly consider about this and advise me if you would like to upgrade to Club InterContinental.
Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by patchan8984
The car transfer itself is worth 2750 thb per earlier post, but I will also ask if RA gets complimentary transfer....
It is only worth 2750 if you would be willing to pay for the very inflated price.

I like the island but not the situation with the taxis there (mafia). Best thing is probably to rent a car if you are going to go around. I have a friend working on the island that can take me around.

BTW the Conrad Koh Samui is an excellent resort and very good value using Hilton HHonors points. The location of the Le Meridien, that I have also stayed at, is better but the resort itself is not as good. The Renaissance is also quite ok. I have been there twice. In both times for a week. I have not stayed at the W, but have had drinks there.

Will probably fly to Koh Samui for couple of days in April when I am in Bangkok next time. Hope that they would have finished this hotel by then.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Just got the same email so it seems that unless you upgrade to club, the airport transportation is a YMMV vs airport taxi which someone reported as 1200 THB. Although I do not pay extra for club at Le Grand or Vienna while other IC hotels give it complimentary, including BKK, I may consider the splurge to Club for this stay. If anyone does book the club upgrade, I would appreciate any feedback on whether it's worth the 2500 THB charge or not.

Thanks to all who provide regular updates and pictures!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:34 pm

My response was that the Beachfront Villa surcharge was 3,500+++ THB per villa per night and the 2 Bedroom Panoramic is 2,500+++ THB. It is not a per person charge, but a per villa charge. Good deal for 6 of us...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Patchan8984, just curious, what type of room do you have booked now? Did you already book one of the villas or a suite? I originally booked a Tropical Pavilion and have been upgraded to an Ocean View Suite. If paying for club gets an additional upgrade to one of the villas, it's totally worth it.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:44 am

I booked a two bedroom outright just because of the size of our party. No upgrade, I'll haggle later since per AMB rules, upgrade must be given.

Per my understanding of Club when I emailed the hotel, only the villas are given the option of club, not the other rooms. It was a general email without telling them that I actually had a reservation (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.