Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:45 am

Yep. I've been waiting for my 70k bonus points to come through from my IHG credit card and was keeping an eye on this hotel. It would have been a dream to get two nights here for free, though it seemed a little ridiculous considering the IC Bangkok is a third the price and 35k points. That said, I went ahead and booked two points and cash nights for mid-August. I was less than 3k points shy of having enough for the $40/45k points rate both nights, but I wasn't going to risk waiting another billing cycle for those to come through. Still $110 for two nights here seems like a pretty good deal. Hopefully they don't treat me like that's how much I paid. I'm only IHG Plat, not IC Ambassador.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
25,000 35,000 and now 50,000
Change 2 times less than 1 Years IIRC
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
Stayed at this property a couple of weeks back. Had a fantastic time! Was told that it's the first luxury property built in the island. I like how they have 5 pools here so it doesn't really get crowded except for the pool that's near the beach.
Wrote about my experience here:
http://iwandered.net/2016/06/23/inte...resort-review/

Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:45 am
jtz

I've got a 4 night stay coming up in August, can anyone tell me if there any cheap restaurants or cafes local to Intercontinental, that we can walk or take a scooter too?
And any e-mail address we can send an email to ask for an anniversary surprise.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by jtz
I've got a 4 night stay coming up in August, can anyone tell me if there any cheap restaurants or cafes local to Intercontinental, that we can walk or take a scooter too?
And any e-mail address we can send an email to ask for an anniversary surprise.
Good and cheap:
http://i-talayrestaurant.webiz.co.th

Better (even better than the restaurants at the IC) and still priceworthy:
http://www.thevirgincoastsamui.com
(they also offer boat tours)

For a anniversary surprise I highly recommend The Virgin Coast.
Both are a short beach walk away. You will find the contact information on the websites above.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:56 pm
jtz

thbe- thanks a lot for your reply.

I've also checked tripadvisor and now have a list of some decent places.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I really recommend the Thai restaurant (Jahn I think) at the Conrad nearby. It isn't cheap but it is excellent second in my view only to Nahm in BKK and in some respects better (more innovative, their Tom Yum is really fun).
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
How do you get to Conrad from IC ? I assume taxi fare is min 500 baht
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greenfrog2015
How do you get to Conrad from IC ? I assume taxi fare is min 500 baht
In reverse we got the Conrad to organise a car each way, I suspect it was less than THB500 but really can't remember.

I would really recommend a hire car for this location.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I'm thinking to book stay on points around New Year. Any experience on upgrades for Ambassadors when booking reward nights? Any pre-paid meal plans offered?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:15 am

beds in standard room

Does anyone know the size of the two beds in the standard "classic ocean view room"? The website says two singles, but the pictures make them look larger. I'm wondering whether one is actually a double. Greatly appreciate any input.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:54 am

I'll be there in two weeks on a 2 night reward stay with IHG Platinum status. Can I expect any sort of recognition or benefit? As of now, I don't think the room even comes with breakfast.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:39 pm
jtz

Currently on my way there now,we booked lomprayah transfers beforehand but have seen krabi to koh samui for 450 thb in krabi, unsure if they use lomprayah too but looking at other people's tickets it seems fine.
Would save you approx 200 thb, not much but if you are on a tight budget it might help.

Also at the waiting area for the lomprayah bus, they were offering 100thb transfers to your hotel which seems really good, we've already booked ours but again might help someone as Mr samui quoted me 2 different high prices.
I'd already booked the transfer with samuibus for 700 thb including the transfer from ic to Conrad.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:24 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by nongsom
25,000 35,000 and now 50,000
Change 2 times less than 1 Years IIRC
Just found out awards have doubled since last year without notice

Only positive I hope is that with the new RA upgrade rules would they give Club access on award nights as previously they did not even offer an $18 upgrade to their top level standard rooms for free. Has any RA been there lately to confirm? Would still be stuck in a standard room on awards though I guess.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Just found out awards have doubled since last year without notice

Only positive I hope is that with the new RA upgrade rules would they give Club access on award nights as previously they did not even offer an $18 upgrade to their top level standard rooms for free. Has any RA been there lately to confirm? Would still be stuck in a standard room on awards though I guess.
I am being upgraded from a basic room to club beachfront pool villa for my stay over Xmas I am booked into the same room type for the next 6 days though whilst paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.